Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Advice sought re babies.

My six week old grandson is being hijacked by his Spud supporting father.
Does anybody know if the club sells suitable clothing for his age group. Can't see any online at the club shop.
Thanks.

Comments

• Might be worth popping into the store.

The website last season said they'd sold out of kits that age but went into the shop and they had them for that age

The website last season said they'd sold out of kits that age but went into the shop and they had them for that age
    Thanks FA, distance is a problem. Might have to send one of the family who are local.

• My six week old grandson is being hijacked by his Spud supporting father.
    Does anybody know if the club sells suitable clothing for his age group. Can't see any online at the club shop.
    Thanks.
    Better (more permanent) tactic. Next time you are babysitting, get him a big Charlton tattoo on each arm.

He arrived here last week in Spurs socks, fortunately he didn't get past security and his Mum took them off. Could be worse I suppose, Palarse, Millwall.

• Its a shame you wont be able to get the first Hummel kit from the 2017/18 season

Thats the one I got for my son, was only £10 what with being an old kit but in my opinion its by far the best home kit that Hummel have produced for us so far and looks great on him (Yup still fits the short arse!!)
  • edited August 2019
    As much as I loathe Tottenham, you’d back the Dad here, he should be the one directing his boy, only if it was millwall or Palace would aggressive intervention to that father - son bond be justified i’d say

I agree to a point, however, I did give my two girls the choice. Albeit they were only 3 months old.  I was never given the choice.

Thanks FA, distance is a problem. Might have to send one of the family who are local.

I'm on the case.
  • Sponsored links:

I'm on the case.
    Cheers, Mick.
    Thanks.
    I’m not sure.....how old is the father?
    I’ll be honest though mate - I don’t think buying your daughter’s husband a Charlton shirt will fix anything. 
    Thanks.
    I’m not sure.....how old is the father?
    I’ll be honest though mate - I don’t think buying your daughter’s husband a Charlton shirt will fix anything. 

42 going on 17
  • Ah.

Dad rules.  Simple as that.  There should be no influence from any other party.

Eldest daughter is now proper Spurs after a late blossoming into liking football.  She demanded I turned off the test match so she could watch the Inter friendly on Sunday lol.  Her instagram is full of Sonny and Harry Winks and loads of anti-Arsenal stuff so she's brainwashed now.  However, due to her Uncle working for Charlton, she classes herself as part-Charlton.  Dad approves as he also has a soft spot too.

Not that I knew it but I've married into a Millwall family.  My wife hates football with a passion but her Dad when he was alive, her brother and the rest of their family are all Millwall.  Her cousin's fella was a scout for them for a very long time and still works for them.  To be fair, the cousin and her fella haven't missed a game home or away for something like 15 years so fair enough.  So now our new baby daughter has arrived, I've been getting stick from all of them to let her support Millwall.  Over my dead body is that ever happening.
  • We went to the club shop last Friday and there was no clothing for babies !
  • Nothing at all for babies.
  • My eldest's first bib said:

"I support Charlton - because my dad says so."

I agree with the other comments, it's the dad's call. Good job I have two Charlton fanatics as sons!!

• As much as I loathe Tottenham, you’d back the Dad here, he should be the one directing his boy, only if it was millwall or Palace would aggressive intervention to that father - son bond be justified i’d say

Agree, imagine how pissed off you'd be if your FIL tried to get your son to support someone different to you.

Obviously once he's old enough, he should be free to make his own decision.

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Nothing at all for babies.

Thanks for looking. Hasn't been the same since Katrien left.
  • edited August 2019
    Don't worry about it while he's a baby but start taking him to the odd game at the Valley when he's 6 or 7. That's the age my son got hooked. 
  • Why worry? When he gets to an age of wanting to go to a game, just say that Spurs is 1) Too far 2) Always full and 3) cant get tickets...then walk-up to Charlton v Bognor in the National League South, and then he will be smitten forever.
  • Man at Millets, They did do, We've got kit for Maya.
  • edited August 2019
    They're all out of scarves mate
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Ah.

Dad rules.  Simple as that.  There should be no influence from any other party.

Eldest daughter is now proper Spurs after a late blossoming into liking football.  She demanded I turned off the test match so she could watch the Inter friendly on Sunday lol.  Her instagram is full of Sonny and Harry Winks and loads of anti-Arsenal stuff so she's brainwashed now.  However, due to her Uncle working for Charlton, she classes herself as part-Charlton.  Dad approves as he also has a soft spot too.

Not that I knew it but I've married into a Millwall family.  My wife hates football with a passion but her Dad when he was alive, her brother and the rest of their family are all Millwall.  Her cousin's fella was a scout for them for a very long time and still works for them.  To be fair, the cousin and her fella haven't missed a game home or away for something like 15 years so fair enough.  So now our new baby daughter has arrived, I've been getting stick from all of them to let her support Millwall.  Over my dead body is that ever happening.
    These are spanners you’re talking about, over your dead body, they might see that as an invite.
  • Yeah from the opposite side of this. My father in law is constantly trying to bribe my son (nearly 3) to be a Spurs fan. Pain in the arse!
  • Thanks for all the advice. I've settled on buying him some Spurs nappies.
    Pooonami!!!

• You might as well let him support Spuds cause the way things are going Charlton won't exist for much longer.  :(
  • Well, when two people love each other very very much, you know, like mummy and daddy do...