Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• Good luck Conor.

We need another 4 good loanee's with quality to be competitive. 
    Is this one of the 5?
    No pressure on young Connor but he will need to be Cullen, Bielik, and a young Lampard rolled into one if we don't get another 2 loans in and a couple of free transfers. 
    You massively missed my point.
    Evening gazza 
    How's tricks Rambo?

Depeche Mode on 55" box, all well.
  • Good luck Conor.

Is this one of the 5?
    No pressure on young Connor but he will need to be Cullen, Bielik, and a young Lampard rolled into one if we don't get another 2 loans in and a couple of free transfers. 
    You massively missed my point.
    Which is what ?

• If we had signed Aribo for the £20,000 per week it would have taken to keep him and we had paid Bauer the £7500 per week to keep him, and we bought Cullen for the £2M fee (amortized over a 4 year contract) and we pay him £15,000 per week wage he would expect, then filled the remainder with the signings we have made plus a final couple loans....

I would predict we comfortably stay up. Maybe even be close to mid-table in 2019-20.

By my calculation the total additional FFP cost of all of this I outlined above would have been.... £2.7M for the coming season. That’s all.

We lost £10M last year (excluding transfer fee profits.) We will add £6M in turnover this year. We got £2M in sell on fees for Lookman. Subtract the £2.7M in additional costs I outlined above and the total loss to Roland in 2019-20 would be roughly £4.7M, half of last year.

This time next year we would be comfortable in The Championship with one of the lowest financial losses in the division. In London! Roland would have multiple suitors for such a club and at very good prices. Roland literally has no understanding of “return on investment”... only costs and this month’s losses. 
  • I like his hair  :p
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cafctom said:
    If he is their Academy Player of the Year then he must have some quality about him.

Based on the way Bowyer described him, it sounds like he has a similar traits to a Scott Parker type player - tenacious all rounder. Let’s hope he adds something!
    Cullen replacement, will he he be an upgrade though? 
    He was good enough to make the bench in a Europa League final, have any of our other players done that? 
    Well best get Rob Green signed up 
    At one point he was England's no.1 so probably better than Amos still.
    So was Gordon Banks 
    Probably better than Amos still.
    Why are you digging out Amos ?

Is this because he looked shaky in a friendly match against a premier side ?

I've seen him play 25 odd matches and never seen him make an obvious error.
    I was simply taking the piss...
  • Good luck Conor.

Is this one of the 5?
    Bowyer said 5 loans so obviously it is.
  • edited August 2019
    I think a loan like Gallagher shows you really how much we rely of Bowyer overcoming the handicap that Roland is. We can not provide any financial inducements, but Chelsea think a lot of this lad. They will only be interested in what we can bring to his development. Having a great track record and the players going back to their clubs happy and saying Charlton have made them better players is a fantastic card for Bowyer to play. As is the increased likliehood they will get first team football with us.

I am a great believer in finding a way. You must always look if there is a way and Bowyer is somebody who personifies that. I think we take a lot of the clever stuff he does to make these moves happen for granted. If he is successful again (successful being survival this season) you couldn't put it past him. The problem is, he is only on a one year deal. Another crazy Duchatelet call. If we are not sold, we will lose him and he has been the biggest slice of fortune we have had in recent years.
  • Sponsored links:

• PaddyP17 said:
    Asked a professional footballer who knows him for his verdict. It wouldn't be difficult to find out who my source is with a bit of digging, but I'd rather not reveal and I'd rather people didn't ask me who I was speaking to (not to sound overly Billy big bollocks). I've paraphrased his points below:

- "very good player and a top person who works very hard" - first thing he said

- good technician and likes to run and make challenges

- as with every other player in his position, can he translate excellence at u23 to being good in the Championship? 

- Bowyer's style is very similar to how Chelsea's academy teams set up which helps

- reckons he'll be a squad player until we suffer injuries. 

I trust my mate's judgement and coupled with what I've seen of him, I think Conor is a really good signing. Not sure how he played today, but yeah. 
    Simon church  ?
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Asked a professional footballer who knows him for his verdict. It wouldn't be difficult to find out who my source is with a bit of digging, but I'd rather not reveal and I'd rather people didn't ask me who I was speaking to (not to sound overly Billy big bollocks). I've paraphrased his points below:

- "very good player and a top person who works very hard" - first thing he said

- good technician and likes to run and make challenges

- as with every other player in his position, can he translate excellence at u23 to being good in the Championship? 

- Bowyer's style is very similar to how Chelsea's academy teams set up which helps

- reckons he'll be a squad player until we suffer injuries. 

I trust my mate's judgement and coupled with what I've seen of him, I think Conor is a really good signing. Not sure how he played today, but yeah. 
    Simon church  ?
    Omar Pouso actually
  • He showed some great touches and came close to scoring. At rimes he made runs which were a bit ambitious but as the rest of the team get to know him I feel he could add a lot to our attacking moves. Not a natural tackler but I’m sure Lee will add that to his game, a great prospect.
  • Just wonder if Chelsea will let us use him as a squad player...
  • Looked useful at Blackburn when he came on
  • Squad player? Would rather him start than Lapslie or maybe even JFC
  • edited August 2019
    The You Tube clip showed his attributes. I know you shouldn't take to much notice of those things but his ability shone through on it. You can either do the things he did on it or you can't. Most players can't.
    Based on ?
  • There is no way we sign Chelsea's academy player of the year as a squad player. They will insist he isn't for starters.
  • Sponsored links:

Based on ?
    Based on today. Lapslie isn’t ready for the Championship yet and Gallagher deserves his chance after his good cameo in the last 15 of today’s game. JFC hadn’t started a competitive game of football in over a year until today, and needs to be eased back into the team instead of playing week in week out for 90 minutes
  • Lapslie is a good player to bring in when you want an injection of energy.
    Would be fine for the last 15 minutes of a game when the other team are tiring but he isn’t good enough to start in a Championship side imo
  • edited August 2019
    The CP promotion side relied on few more than the starting XI. Not sure that four from JFC, Gallagher, Morgan Pratley and Williams can't do the business in midfield at this level. I think the Albie loan is a gee-up. We just need a decent quickie up front.
  • The CP promotion side relied on few more than the starting XI. Not sure that four from JFC, Gallagher, Morgan Pratley and Williams can't do the business in midfield at this level. I think the Albie loan is a gee-up. We just need a decent quickie up front.
    We need 2 more midfielders from the loan system - we dont have enough quality yet in the middle of the park imo
  • Lapslie is a good player to bring in when you want an injection of energy.
    Would be fine for the last 15 minutes of a game when the other team are tiring but he isn’t good enough to start in a Championship side imo

I'd take Morgan over Lapslie in that situation. It doesn't matter whether we were chasing or holding a lead either. 
  • edited August 2019
    Lapslie is a good player to bring in when you want an injection of energy.

I'd take Morgan over Lapslie in that situation. It doesn't matter whether we were chasing or holding a lead either. 
    Gotta remember the blocks that Lapslie was putting in when it was 1-0 and 1-1 he's not the most technically gifted but knows when to put his body on the line

Thats the side of the game we wont yet see (if at all) from Albie and in away games at the moment is why I see Bowyer lining up with the personel that he did today

Instead I think Morgan would be a great option if we went back to the diamond - Play him in a free role just off Taylor and the CAM with the licence to just go wherever he wants, they get a corner then Lyle come back and Morgan stays up ready to counter attack, not with pace yet with the ability to ping the ball anywhere when support does arrive
  • I like his hair  :p
    He is Baby Beckham. 
    Going to be massive for us this season. 
  • Morgan is a natural passer. To pass as well as him is impossible to teach. He looks for the passes and can execute. He is going to be some player. But we don't want to settle for just a great passer, make is all round game better and you have something special on your hands.