Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Statbank & Players Marks

Since at least 2010 CL has been asking you to mark the players out of 10 if you were at the match, since last year this has increased to include those who watched the match on a live stream and also include a mark for the referee. I them calculate  a list of average marks which appears in the Statbank along with other stats from the match. 
Marks are awarded for each player who completes at least 30 minutes of the match and you can mark between 0.5 and 10.0 for each player and ref in .5 steps. How you decide on your mark is your business and I ask that others don't question a Lifer's marks. As well as putting a mark some Lifers also include a brief description of the players' performance.
To aid the marking process I put up a thread shortly after the end of each game with a list of players & ref and I ask that you please keep to the order of my list as it makes it so much easier when putting them into my spreadsheet. 

Thanks to those of that do the marks as it also provides interesting feedback to those who can't attend matches

COYA

Comments

• Its also a great insight into how others view games / individual performances
  • Thanks for all the work you do on this LL, it's a great source of information and a excellent source of how well the team and players are doing
  • Brilliant work, I always read the player marks, I don't always read the post match comments. Gives you a much better view of how we played imo. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Brilliant work, I always read the player marks, I don't always read the post match comments. Gives you a much better view of how we played imo. 
    Just read my comments, they're the correct ones, everyone else is talking opinionated nonsense  ;)
  • Great stuff LL, would love to help out at some point in the future when I'm able to commit time to it!

Maybe we can get through a match without @Leuth commenting on people's marks this season ;) 
  • As I rarely watch the team now, other fans opinions are important when taken on average across participants. I thank you LL and all of those who give marks
  • My favourite thread on CL!
  • Sponsored links:

• Definitely about right @seth plum

• seth plum said:
    My marks go according to this system:

1 Should be dropped for the next match.
    2 Dreadful, disinterested, moody, detached, shameful.
    3 Poor to the point of being a liability
    4 Poor
    5 Below Average
    6 Average
    7 Good
    8 Very Good
    9 Excellent
    10 Outstanding, or match winning or saving, almost once in a season performance
    8/10 
  • edited August 2019
    1. Did he have concussion ?
    2.Was he up all night with his new born ?
    3.Were boots on wrong feet ?
    4.I wandered lonely as a cloud.
    5. You get what you pay for. 
    6. Worked hard.
    7. On the money.
    8. From zero to hero
    9. Messi and Ronaldo eat your heart out.
        (De Gea or Lloris if keeper)
    10. Orgasmic.

My score on the doors reasoning.
  • Thanks again LLfor doing this. I agree with all the previous comments about its value to us all. The only thing I’ve wondered a little about over the years is the 30 minute rule and whether it might rule out some match winning substitute cameos from consideration. Someone coming on with 20 to go and completely changing the game for instance?  Just a thought. Keep on keeping on. 
  • Thanks again LLfor doing this. I agree with all the previous comments about its value to us all. The only thing I’ve wondered a little about over the years is the 30 minute rule and whether it might rule out some match winning substitute cameos from consideration. Someone coming on with 20 to go and completely changing the game for instance?  Just a thought. Keep on keeping on. 
    I agree with this.  There are a loads of examples of players who come on with 15 to go and change the game.  Seems odd that they don’t count 
  • the 30 minute rule - it is there for a number of reasons the main two being that if we change it then it is impossible to to compare with previous seasons, the other reason is a player can come on for the last 15 minute and score the winner in the last 6 seconds - marvellous, but can you compare that with the goalie who played all 95 minutes and made 4 wonder saves but let in a soft goal 9 seconds before the end which will affect his mark but the last minute sub will not have played long enough to have made mistakes. Over 30 mins it is possible to get an overall view of a player's performance.

30 minutes stays!
  • Jaw jutting reaction right there!
    Get in.
  • Agree 100% with @lancashire lad

its never going to be a perfect science but i think 30 mins gives enough to have a fair judgement on performance rather than be reactive to either a goal or a mistake. 
  • the 30 minute rule - it is there for a number of reasons the main two being that if we change it then it is impossible to to compare with previous seasons, the other reason is a player can come on for the last 15 minute and score the winner in the last 6 seconds - marvellous, but can you compare that with the goalie who played all 95 minutes and made 4 wonder saves but let in a soft goal 9 seconds before the end which will affect his mark but the last minute sub will not have played long enough to have made mistakes. Over 30 mins it is possible to get an overall view of a player's performance.

30 minutes stays!
    No problem. I hadn’t thought about the year on year comparison. If it ain’t broke...........👍
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Brilliant work, I always read the player marks, I don't always read the post match comments. Gives you a much better view of how we played imo. 
    Just read my comments, they're the correct ones, everyone else is talking opinionated nonsense  ;)
    Actually from the games I do watch, your opinion is normally similar to mine, so your right ;-) 
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

4 Poor
    5 Below Average
    6 Average
    7 Good
    8 Very Good
    9 Excellent
    Bang on, Seth.

• Oggy Red said:
    seth plum said:

4 Poor
    5 Below Average
    6 Average
    7 Good
    8 Very Good
    9 Excellent
    Bang on, Seth.

Only amendment I’d make is:

3. Poor to the point of being a liability/scapegoat mark regardless of actual performance.