Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ashley Maynard-Brewer - signed new contract to 2026 (p5)

Comments

• seems to be a trend these days for double-barrelled surnames
  • Meanwhile, Maynard-Brewer will spend the first month of the season on loan at National League South side Dulwich Hamlet after penning a short-term 28-day deal at Champion Hill.
  • Only signing of the week ?
  • 3 keepers under contract, 2 until 2021, if only our other positions were so well sorted
  • Meanwhile, Maynard-Brewer will spend the first month of the season on loan at National League South side Dulwich Hamlet after penning a short-term 28-day deal at Champion Hill.
    Be watching him on Tuesday 
    Watched him on Saturday at Tonbridge Angels. Dulwich won 2-1, their goal being a late penalty. He had a decent game and looked a competent and confident goalie. 
  • Saw him on Saturday, as well, not troubled much, but looked OK. More than the referee, who was a complete tosser
  • Sponsored links:

• Will see him tomorrow night
  • Kept a clean sheet tonight for Dulwich; two wins from two games for them
  • Kept a clean sheet tonight for Dulwich; two wins from two games for them
    Didn’t know he’d signed for them, would’ve thought Conference was his level at least, if not league two. 
  • Friend at the Dulwich game yesterday said he was MOM
  • Friend at the Dulwich game yesterday said he was MOM
    He was against Tonbridge and close to it on Tuesday, which supports he is playing at a level below him, but I'm happy we have him at Hamlet for 28 days, especially as we have had a player sent of in the first half in 2 out of 3 games.
  • edited August 2019
    Are we hoping that he impresses so he gets a move to L1 / L2?

If he did move to a bigger club would Dulwich count as one of his two clubs or would this be seen as an emergency loan. I think David Stockdale played for three clubs last season Coventry, Southend and Wycombe. 
  • Richard J said:
    Are we hoping that he impresses so he gets a move to L1 / L2?

Can't answer the latter but I think his shot stopping ability is definitely at, at least league 2 standard and I feel like his positional sense and command of his area would improve quicker at a better level. 
    so yes hopefully.

• Presume he will be back with us in time to go out again until January 
  • Ashley Maynard-Brewer will end his Dulwich Hamlet loan after this weekend’s match at Chippenham Town – with the young Charlton goalkeeper possibly set to sign a temporary deal with a National League club.

The 20-year-old Australian has featured 12 times for Hamlet and initially joined them on a 28-day loan on August 5.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-youngster-could-be-set-for-national-league-loan-move/

• I read that initially as he was going to sign somewhere on a permanent basis
  • Sponsored links:

• He played in the FA Cup game v Bognor on Saturday  so I am assuming wherever he goes now he will be cup tied.
  • Complete guess, but Dartford are announcing a new signing at noon, and with the Deren Ibrahim connection between the clubs...
  • Complete guess, but Dartford are announcing a new signing at noon, and with the Deren Ibrahim connection between the clubs...
    Dartford are the same level as Dulwich though

The link says he'll be joining a team in the National League rather than the NLS
  • edited December 2022
    Was very impressed tonight have to say. 

Always wary if it is one of those ones where automatically people assume those out a team playing poorly are better then they actually are.

But feels like he has hardly put a foot wrong when he has played (though I will still say I personally think his kicking and distribution is a weakness).
  • Have we had short sleeves keeper before?

Looked very decent tonight, but then the whole team did so not going to read too much into it yet. I wouldn't be dropping him after tonight though. Can't be worse than MacGillivray and looks less erratic that JoJo.
  • Impressed me so far - looks a confident keeper.