Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Villa closing in on Konsa for £12m. Would be nice if Bower and Gallen get the sell-on fee to use in the market, but we all know it’s going straight in Roland’s back pocket..
    How much has Roland put in his "back pocket"?   
    Couldn’t give an exact figure - but pretty much every penny we have got from selling players hasn’t been reinvested back into the club at all. I’m not going to pedantically argue over the term “back pocket” - call it what you will, but the money certainly hasn’t gone back into the team
  • Options
    I was told by a Bees fan who claimed to be ITK that their sell-ons are for the whole fee. 
    What does this mean ?
  • Options
    Given that Duchatelet gave Brentford a discount for cash, I expect there was a fairly paltry sell-on fee - not that Bowyer will see any of it anyway. 
  • Options
    Cash upfront doesn't rule out a sell on fee.

The cash up front is as likely to refer to a one off payment rather than staggered payments.

It's possible that there is a sell on fee just as it is likely that the regime took a shortsighted view and didn't ask for one. They are incompetent.

And as Duchatelet has mismanaged the club for over five years, and in particular player recruitment and sales, yes this can all be laid at his door.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

so far all either playing at a higher level or a bigger club. Even the best league2 talents are skipping league1 now. We will be heavily relying on the loan window, more so than last season
  • Options
    Have a mate who is currently in the academy, he's currently under a pro deal and have been informed by him that oztumer was at the training ground the Monday before the first team headed off to Spain, however he's informed me that he was aware that there was trouble agreeing the contract and it is now deal off and he hasn't been seen there since. He has told me of a new player at the ground however he doesn't know the players name and can only say that he had dreads..
    F****** brilliant, I always thought Ruud Gullit could still do a job.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Villa closing in on Konsa for £12m. Would be nice if Bower and Gallen get the sell-on fee to use in the market, but we all know it’s going straight in Roland’s back pocket..
    Couldn’t give an exact figure - but pretty much every penny we have got from selling players hasn’t been reinvested back into the club at all. I’m not going to pedantically argue over the term “back pocket” - call it what you will, but the money certainly hasn’t gone back into the team
    But selling players to cover costs has been "normal" for Charlton for longer than I can remember.  I get the fact that no extra money has been invested in the team, if we had the semblance of a functional smt it might have been but how much of the Shelvey money, the Bowyer money or the Robert Lee money was?

I can't count, on 2 fingers, the time a Charlton player was sold for significant money and the money reinvested in the playing squad.  Funny enough we got promoted both seasons as well. 
  • Options

And as Duchatelet has mismanaged the club for over five years, and in particular player recruitment and sales, yes this can all be laid at his door.
    Yes it is, 200%, I can almost see an argument that it wasn't his fault KM left, but it is his fault that he employed her in the first place and certainly his fault he didn't see fit to replace her. 
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    But selling players to cover costs has been "normal" for Charlton for longer than I can remember.  I get the fact that no extra money has been invested in the team, if we had the semblance of a functional smt it might have been but how much of the Shelvey money, the Bowyer money or the Robert Lee money was?

I can't count, on 2 fingers, the time a Charlton player was sold for significant money and the money reinvested in the playing squad.  Funny enough we got promoted both seasons as well. 
    I understand that - but that says nothing apart from we’ve had bad owners before Roland as well? There’s a huge difference between selling players to keep the club afloat and selling players to increase a billionaires cash flow. Even Powell got the money from Jenkinson to Arsenal. Imagine what we could have done with some of the Lookman/Konsa/Pope/Gomez/JBG money 
  • Options
    23 days left until Blackburn. Six at least need to come in to even give us a fighting chance. Not good preparation is it ?
    Everyone said the same last season..... 
    We got off to a piss poor start last season but League One and The Championship are two completely different beasts. If anyone thinks we can afford to do the same this year and get away with it then they need their bumps feeling. If we rely on Bowyers comments then we can’t expect anyone in until Monday earliest. That will give any new players less than three weeks to get up to speed and gel into the team and might not even have had much of a pre season. 
  • Options
    Ricky Otto is back
    I’ve never been away (apart from the 4 years for buggery

• Options
    Ricky Otto is back
    I’ve never been away (apart from the 4 years for buggery

Accused but not found guilty. 
  • Options

Following on from HI post and thinking optimistically/naively we got £300K (reportedly) for Aribo and spent pretty much all on Bonne and Purrington.  

Maybe RD has set a wages budget and loss budget/target he is comfortable with takeover or not and any sell on from Konsa will go to Bowyer/Gallen to invest as long as they stick to the wages budget.  unlikely but not impossible as RD should be looking to give us a chance to stay up to preserve value if the takeover does not go through.
  • Options
    Cash upfront doesn't rule out a sell on fee.

The cash up front is as likely to refer to a one off payment rather than staggered payments.

It's possible that there is a sell on fee just as it is likely that the regime took a shortsighted view and didn't ask for one. They are incompetent.

I don’t think it makes any difference if a fixed fee is paid in instalments. It would still count in the year it is agreed for FFP purposes.

That in turn suggests that RD gave a discount on the total fee, that is including contingent payments, to maximise the bit he could show in 2017/18.
  • Options
    Fair point but assumes FFP was the main driver over just reducing losses per see.
  • Options
    Lee money helped to pay to get us back to the Valley

Bowyer money helped us massively build the 98 promotion side.

The Lookman money wasn't given to Robinson to spend with the excuse that it would go on the training ground. It didn't. It just went to reduce the losses made when relegated.

It's true that we've sold players at nearly all stages of our history to cover debt from Kingsley in 1921 onward but we never had a billionaire owner with no interest in progressing the club as we do now.
    The Lee money was used because the owner couldn't/wouldn't put the money up them selves. 

The Bowyer money was used because the owner couldn't/wouldn't put the money up them selves. 

So your problem is Roland is a billionaire that won't invest?  If he was down to his last brass tack, relatively speaking, as Murray was when he sold Shelvey.  How much of that was "reinvested"? Would you hold that point of view? My problem is he is a deluded twat that won't invest.  His personal wealth imo is irrelevant unless he is prepared to "spunk" it on us.

The same is true for Muir and anyone else that takes the gamble of buying is. 

The bloke is a cancer, and I do use that word with a heavy heart, in our club.  But please don't make bollocks up for the sake of easy point scoring, when the real enemy couldn't give to tosses what you think. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oztumer must be getting pretty fed up being buggered about by Charlton. That’s  the last two windows that he’s been “in the building/in Greenwich Park/in Bluewater shopping” and not been signed. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Oztumer must be getting pretty fed up being buggered about by Charlton. That’s  the last two windows that he’s been “in the building/in Greenwich Park/in Bluewater shopping” and not been signed. 
    To be fair, in January we wanted him, he said he wanted to prove himself in the Championship but soon realised it wasn’t going to happen. We revisited and came back in for him. It was Bolton who failed to bring in Ched Evans from Fleetwood and therefore decided not to release Oztumer to us, even though he didn’t player thereafter.

This window, we don’t know what is happening with him but with all the issues at Bolton anyway, the problem could well be at their end if he is holding out on monies owed for example. We just don’t know. Or, we might have thought we could get better if we just hang in there that little longer. 
  • Options
    Premierleague star of the future we was told. Thanks katrien ps you are definitely a would ya 
  • Options
    I was told by a Bees fan who claimed to be ITK that their sell-ons are for the whole fee. 
    What does this mean ?
    Sorry. Forgot to engage brain.
  • Options
    What does this mean ?
    Sorry. Forgot to engage brain.
    So are you going to enlighten us, as to what you meant ?
  • Options
    I was one deal too early. If Villa sell him, their sell on is full fee.
  • Options
    Parzyszek? Passes height test. Scoring in Champions League tonight. Worth a gamble? Name sounds familiar?