Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Patrick Bauer (**Confirmed Leaving Pg 2**)

Comments

• Very sorry to lose the BFG. Solid, calm, dependable. Can’t blame him for moving on and I wish him well. 

Also, I trust in LB and SG to get a very good replacement in. Lockyer looked very accomplished against us and would, I think, be at least as good as Paddy given coaching. 
  • This has turned into one big ‘sorry you’re leaving’ card. Only thing missing is the whip round for a present. I’ll add my bit ... Good luck in your new job, you’ll be missed. Cheers @_MrDick
  • Am I the only one who is a little upset by this as his decision? Money over loyalty to Bowyer and co imo? 
    It's interesting isn't it. Bauer is being sent on his way with best wishes, despite leaving to a team in the same division for free. Compare that o the reaction Grant got for moving to the Premier League for a fee.

I used to get very upset at players leaving, but now I;m older I respect anyone's right to move on in their life to try an better their circumstances. Some decisions pan out, others don't but Paddy's handled himself pretty well, early season tweets aside, and if he feels this is the best thing for him and his family - good luck to him.

I am disappointed we're losing the only player currently in our squad with a track record of playing well at Championship level
    It's only when a player "throws his toy out of the pram" or moves to a local rival that they tend to get a bad reaction. After all this season we'll also be facing Cousins, Morrison, Randolph, Konsa etc
  • Let’s not have the banners out when he returns, he will not be getting paid 4 times the salary as some are alluding to on the Facebook page, agree he will get more and footballers only have a short amount of time to earn, so that’s that, he’s left for more money and likely to be signing for one of 3 clubs that finished 14/15/18th last season and will be same again this season, so not exactly a huge step up as I am hoping we will be around that finishing position - very important to stay in the league until the poisonous Cnut sells. 
  • TEL said:
    Cant blame him to be honest, but even with the smallest budget in the Championship I believe Bows, Jacko, Marshall and Gallen will have us in the top 10. Good luck BFG except when you play us and I hope Taylor tears you a new one.
    I reckon you're in for a big disappointment Tel.
    If we stay up it will be a great achievement and I think we have a fighting chance.
  • Also makes me think a takeover isn't that close. As Bowyer could've said to him 'hang on a bit and we'll be able to give you a better offer'. Pretty sure he'd have preferred to stay here than move up north. He'd still be contracted for another 2 weeks anyway?
    I don’t think it’s just about the money tbh. Despite LB’s heroics it’s very plain to see that Roland is a totally incompetent nut job and we’ll always be a basket case under his ownership. I don’t blame anyone for fancying a move to somewhere that’s run by someone sane who understands football even a little bit. 
  • Must admit I’m struggling to accept the money in the game nowadays. Bang average Championship players are earning more in a month than the vast majority of us do in a year. Seemed only,a few years ago that was the prem players, but now they get that in a week. 

Football has definitely lost its head in terms of paying wages that a club doesn’t earn. That’s one of the few things Roland actual has right imo
    Whilst I probably agree why is it any different from the sums actors and musicians earn and other "entertainers"?

Said it before but if everyone cancels their Sky Sports and BT subscriptions this morning the revolution would happen by tea time and salaries return to some semblance of normality.

Football fans have put the money in the game largely through sky sports subscriptions as the tv money facilitates all the financial madness.

Stop funding that and pretty much overnight the model materially changes.
    But TV money ISN'T funding Championship wages. Premier League clubs earn massive TV money, EFL clubs don't. As a result most Championship clubs are making massive losses, with owners pumping in money in the hope of reaching the promised land.

It's not a sustainable model.
  • Sad to see him go.

Is there a better replacement available on a free on whom we can spend the £10,000pw we're not paying Paddy?  I seriously doubt it.  Or one we can sign for £250,000 and pay £5,000pw?  Snowball and hell spring to mind.

So, unless Paddy was absolutely intent on leaving us, this is seriously bad business by Twoshits.  Spend £2m on a player and not spend £250,000 to keep him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Must admit I’m struggling to accept the money in the game nowadays. Bang average Championship players are earning more in a month than the vast majority of us do in a year. Seemed only,a few years ago that was the prem players, but now they get that in a week. 

Football has definitely lost its head in terms of paying wages that a club doesn’t earn. That’s one of the few things Roland actual has right imo
    Whilst I probably agree why is it any different from the sums actors and musicians earn and other "entertainers"?

Said it before but if everyone cancels their Sky Sports and BT subscriptions this morning the revolution would happen by tea time and salaries return to some semblance of normality.

Football fans have put the money in the game largely through sky sports subscriptions as the tv money facilitates all the financial madness.

Stop funding that and pretty much overnight the model materially changes.
    But TV money ISN'T funding Championship wages. Premier League clubs earn massive TV money, EFL clubs don't. As a result most Championship clubs are making massive losses, with owners pumping in money in the hope of reaching the promised land.

It's not a sustainable model.
    Parachute payments.

• Thank you Pat.
  • edited June 2019
    Sage said:
    100% it was Pearce. Came out about 10 yards to ensure he headed the ball away.
    Take a look at this.  About 16' 10" in
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez6ASIU0Ip4

Like you I was convinced it was Pearce - but it wasn't
  • Moo said:
    Must admit I’m struggling to accept the money in the game nowadays. Bang average Championship players are earning more in a month than the vast majority of us do in a year. Seemed only,a few years ago that was the prem players, but now they get that in a week. 

Think we will see more financial meltdowns of championship clubs next year. Apparently Birmingham losing 700k a week! 
    Possibly why Monk got the sack.
    Perhaps Brum wanted to cut the expenses & Monk said he wouldn't be able to compete ?
  • LenGlover said:
    Solid, efficient centre half who quietly went about his business.

The kind of player who will only be fully appreciated when he's gone although the Wembley goal is a wonderful legacy for him too of course.

Good luck BFG
    This. Since the season ended I've been keeping close to the news Iin hopeful anticipation that Pat would stay. I don't believe he is the most talented player but his heart is always on the pitch. I have much respect for this man as he conducts himself in the right way on and off the pitch. Saddened more than gutted he's going. He will always be remembered as part of a special season on our supporting lives. We all know they don't come around very often so 'legend' is not too high a comment being mentioned. All the very best from Sheffield. its not 'grim oop North' Pat but there's no place like Charlton. 

• A big loss,thought he might stay,new baby,settled in the area.possibly his agent convinced him to move,these people only think about their cuts.
    I don't know why that person LOL'ed your post. I am sure that you are absolutely on the money. Bauer after the final seemed to be focused on his family, his new-born. 
  • Davo55 said:
    Also makes me think a takeover isn't that close. As Bowyer could've said to him 'hang on a bit and we'll be able to give you a better offer'. Pretty sure he'd have preferred to stay here than move up north. He'd still be contracted for another 2 weeks anyway?
    I don’t think it’s just about the money tbh. Despite LB’s heroics it’s very plain to see that Roland is a totally incompetent nut job and we’ll always be a basket case under his ownership. I don’t blame anyone for fancying a move to somewhere that’s run by someone sane who understands football even a little bit. 
    I think it pretty much is just about the money.
    If we had offered the same as Preston/Blackburn, would he have left ?
    I very much doubt it.
  • Sage said:
    100% it was Pearce. Came out about 10 yards to ensure he headed the ball away.
    Take a look at this.  About 16' 10" in
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez6ASIU0Ip4

Like you I was convinced it was Pearce - but it wasn't
    Blimey, never realised it was Purrington with the final header!
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Am I the only one who is a little upset by this as his decision? Money over loyalty to Bowyer and co imo? 
    Becoming a father may have had something to do with it I think. 
    I would have thought that it was despite that, going only from how I have seen him talking about it. But double the wage is a lot of money. Which btw he would not get anywhere near in Germany 
  • Preston ....
  • Also it’s not as if these players are struggling to put food on the table, the new father line etc, 20k a month ain’t bad money imo 
  • He’s going to the mighty Preston!
  • More money but will have to shit in a bucket 
    95% of homes in Preston have outside lavvies.....highest per capita figures in the country.
  • I wish him luck, but... Preston?