Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Qualification

Comments

• se9addick said:
    Scotland were pretty rubbish. Belgium didn’t get out of second gear all game and probably could have scored 5 or 6 if they wanted.

On the plus side I’m pretty confident the Scotland fans to night are the drunkest set of supporters I’ve ever seen (and I’ve followed Scotland & Rangers around Europe a few times).
    3-0 flattered Scotland - completely outclassed.
  • out of the home nations 

cannot see wales and scotland qaulifying - that late goal last night from hungary would of flattened wales, although scotland are guaranteed a playoff spot so will be interesting to see who they get

northern ireland will need something out of germany and holland and have to play both home and away 

ireland may get through but think they needed a few more against gibraltar
  • so far the group that has suprised me is greeces group and how badly bosnia are doing. (x) means playoff spot gauranteed, due to nations league

1 Italy4400131+1212

2 Finland (X)430162+49
    3 Armenia420276+16
    4 Greece411268−24
    5 Bosnia and Herzegovina (X)411257−24
    6 Liechtenstein4004013−130
  • out of the home nations 

cannot see wales and scotland qaulifying - that late goal last night from hungary would of flattened wales, although scotland are guaranteed a playoff spot so will be interesting to see who they get

northern ireland will need something out of germany and holland and have to play both home and away 

ireland may get through but think they needed a few more against gibraltar
    If Ireland can get something from their next match at home to Switzerland then they have a good chance. Admittedly their 3 wins have only been against Georgia and Gibraltar (twice) but a draw in Denmark was a good result. They were also helped by Switzerland and Denmark drawing against each other.

They should all beat Georgia and Gibraltar so it's naturally going to come down to their results against each other, effectively making it a 3 team play off, same as NI with Germany and Holland.
  • so far the group that has suprised me is greeces group and how badly bosnia are doing. (x) means playoff spot gauranteed, due to nations league

1 Italy4400131+1212

2 Finland (X)430162+49
    3 Armenia420276+16
    4 Greece411268−24
    You seem to know your Internationals and qualification routes. How does it work now after these group games are finished? In regards the Nations league i am still not sure how it is all decided who qualifies for the Euros.
  • Application for the Ticket Ballot opens today at 1400 on UEFA website

1 Italy4400131+1212

2 Finland (X)430162+49
    3 Armenia420276+16
    4 Greece411268−24
    You seem to know your Internationals and qualification routes. How does it work now after these group games are finished? In regards the Nations league i am still not sure how it is all decided who qualifies for the Euros.
    Top two from each Group will qualify automatically for the Euros

Play-Offs will then happen based on the Nations League Group winners from each Division (So there is a Play-Off for each of League A | B | C | D)

If one of the Nations League Group winners has qualified automatically then their Play-Off spot will go to the next best team

1 Italy4400131+1212

2 Finland (X)430162+49
    3 Armenia420276+16
    4 Greece411268−24

Play-Offs will then happen based on the Nations League Group winners from each Division (So there is a Play-Off for each of League A | B | C | D)

If one of the Nations League Group winners has qualified automatically then their Play-Off spot will go to the next best team
    Cheers. So assuming most top ranked nations will qualify looking at the groups. Then lets say Scotland for example, will be in play offs with the likes of San Marino, Malta,Faroe Islands etc and one of them will definately qualify? Is that the point? So lesser teams get into a tournament
  • looking at prices for the london wembley games - shows why uefa simply do not care about fans;

Group stage
    CATEGORY 1
    €185
    CATEGORY 2
    €125
    CATEGORY 3
    €50

Round of 16
    CATEGORY 1
    €185
    CATEGORY 2
    €125
    CATEGORY 3
    €50

Semi-finals
    CATEGORY 1
    €595
    CATEGORY 2
    €345
    CATEGORY 3
    €195
    FANS FIRST *
    €85

Final
    CATEGORY 1
    €945
    CATEGORY 2
    €595
    CATEGORY 3
    €295
    FANS FIRST *

dont know what fans first means anyone shed any light?

1 Italy4400131+1212

2 Finland (X)430162+49
    3 Armenia420276+16
    4 Greece411268−24

Cheers. So assuming most top ranked nations will qualify looking at the groups. Then lets say Scotland for example, will be in play offs with the likes of San Marino, Malta,Faroe Islands etc and one of them will definately qualify? Is that the point? So lesser teams get into a tournament
    Well Scotland are already assured of a Play-Off spot so doesnt really matter if they finish top two or not... the difference with the Play-Offs this year though compared with other years is the fact that only one team from each level will Qualify, i.e. instead of being a two legged affair its setup in the form of the Football League Play-Offs that we see every year (just without the two legs in the Semi-Finals)

But yeah thats partly the point of the Nations League, i.e. League D Play-Off currently have: Georgia | Belarus | Kosovo | Macedonia, its unlikely that any of those will get automatic qualification to Euro 2020 so they'll face each other in the Play-Offs meaning one of those will be at the Finals come next June...

Firstly its a chance for lesser teams have a chance on the big stage but secondly they wont have the same opportunity next time because finishing top of their Nations League Group means they'll each be promoted to League C for the next campaign and so qualification will be even harder
  • Sponsored links:

1 Italy4400131+1212

2 Finland (X)430162+49
    3 Armenia420276+16
    4 Greece411268−24

Well Scotland are already assured of a Play-Off spot so doesnt really matter if they finish top two or not... the difference with the Play-Offs this year though compared with other years is the fact that only one team from each level will Qualify, i.e. instead of being a two legged affair its setup in the form of the Football League Play-Offs that we see every year (just without the two legs in the Semi-Finals)

But yeah thats partly the point of the Nations League, i.e. League D Play-Off currently have: Georgia | Belarus | Kosovo | Macedonia, its unlikely that any of those will get automatic qualification to Euro 2020 so they'll face each other in the Play-Offs meaning one of those will be at the Finals come next June...

Firstly its a chance for lesser teams have a chance on the big stage but secondly they wont have the same opportunity next time because finishing top of their Nations League Group means they'll each be promoted to League C for the next campaign and so qualification will be even harder
    Sorry i am probably being thick but i still dont get it. What stops a team purposely dropping down to League D and taking their chances that way? 
  • looking at prices for the london wembley games - shows why uefa simply do not care about fans;

Group stage
    CATEGORY 1
    €185
    CATEGORY 2
    €125
    CATEGORY 3
    €50

Round of 16
    CATEGORY 1
    €185
    CATEGORY 2
    €125
    CATEGORY 3
    €50

Semi-finals
    CATEGORY 1
    €595
    CATEGORY 2
    €345
    CATEGORY 3
    €195
    FANS FIRST *
    €85

Final
    CATEGORY 1
    €945
    CATEGORY 2
    €595
    CATEGORY 3
    €295
    FANS FIRST *

At first glance it seems a rip off but if England make the semis or the final then those tickets will be worth 10 times that.

Also 100 quid for a category 2 ticket to the last 16 game doesn't seem too bad either. 
  • Think fans first means fans of the countries who are actually playing in those games 

1 Italy4400131+1212

2 Finland (X)430162+49
    3 Armenia420276+16
    4 Greece411268−24

Sorry i am probably being thick but i still dont get it. What stops a team purposely dropping down to League D and taking their chances that way? 
    Your half right... When it comes to trying to Qualify for the Euros its probably the better option, doing that pre-World Cup Qualifying will be a lot riskier though

e.g. Take the qualification numbers: Euro there are 24-Nations that Qualify; World Cup there are 14-spaces available... I imagine the next Nations League (pre-2022 World Cup) will be done slightly differently to the one we've seen this time around, i.e. imagine that the Leagues / Teams at each level will remain the same (will still be promotion / relegation) but dont think there will be a Play-Off for a League D team to try and qualify for the World Cup.

As for a team like Germany their relegation from League A this time around has already made their World Cup hopes a little bit harder.

i.e. They're now in League B means that they wont be one of the top seeds for World Cup Qualification, means they'll end up in a Group with one of the top seeds (potentially France | Italy | Spain etc.), World Cup Qualification from Europe usually sees just the top team from each Group getting automatic Qualification, imagine it'll be the same again so Germany may then be forced down a Play-Off route to reach the World Cup itself

Ultimately League A is probably the one Division you want to be in... There seems to be better organisation with the Seedings / FIFA Rankings using the Nations League so its better to be in League A to increase your chances of reaching Major Tournaments, else you're potentially having to rely on other Nations further up the ladder tripping up

1 Italy4400131+1212

2 Finland (X)430162+49
    3 Armenia420276+16
    4 Greece411268−24

Your half right... When it comes to trying to Qualify for the Euros its probably the better option, doing that pre-World Cup Qualifying will be a lot riskier though

e.g. Take the qualification numbers: Euro there are 24-Nations that Qualify; World Cup there are 14-spaces available... I imagine the next Nations League (pre-2022 World Cup) will be done slightly differently to the one we've seen this time around, i.e. imagine that the Leagues / Teams at each level will remain the same (will still be promotion / relegation) but dont think there will be a Play-Off for a League D team to try and qualify for the World Cup.

As for a team like Germany their relegation from League A this time around has already made their World Cup hopes a little bit harder.

i.e. They're now in League B means that they wont be one of the top seeds for World Cup Qualification, means they'll end up in a Group with one of the top seeds (potentially France | Italy | Spain etc.), World Cup Qualification from Europe usually sees just the top team from each Group getting automatic Qualification, imagine it'll be the same again so Germany may then be forced down a Play-Off route to reach the World Cup itself

Ultimately League A is probably the one Division you want to be in... There seems to be better organisation with the Seedings / FIFA Rankings using the Nations League so its better to be in League A to increase your chances of reaching Major Tournaments, else you're potentially having to rely on other Nations further up the ladder tripping up
    A team like Germany dropping down to League B is mainly bad news for the other teams who end up in their group, as it makes it much harder to get 2nd place!

It's similar to N Ireland who've ended up with Germany and the Netherlands, presumably because the Netherlands were lower ranked at the time the draws were made

1 Italy4400131+1212

2 Finland (X)430162+49
    3 Armenia420276+16
    4 Greece411268−24

Understood i think. Thanks for the patience

1 Italy4400131+1212

2 Finland (X)430162+49
    3 Armenia420276+16
    4 Greece411268−24

A team like Germany dropping down to League B is mainly bad news for the other teams who end up in their group, as it makes it much harder to get 2nd place!

It's similar to N Ireland who've ended up with Germany and the Netherlands, presumably because the Netherlands were lower ranked at the time the draws were made
    Draws were made after the Nations League had been decided

Netherlands were in Pot 1 when the draw was made because they were of course one of the four top teams from League A - Germany went into Pot 2 because they were one of the worst two relegated teams from League A (only 10-Groups for Euro 2020 Qualification so only 10 of the 12 teams from League A were seeded), had they gotten just one more point they'd have been in Pot 1 too 

Northern Ireland were Pot 3 because they themselves finished bottom of their Nations League Group

Had they not been relegated then they would have gone into Pot 2 and so would have missed both Netherlands and Germany

1 Italy4400131+1212

2 Finland (X)430162+49
    3 Armenia420276+16
    4 Greece411268−24

N Ireland always seem to get a shitty hard group or maybe its my imagination
  • edited June 2019
    so far the group that has suprised me is greeces group and how badly bosnia are doing. (x) means playoff spot gauranteed, due to nations league

1 Italy4400131+1212

2 Finland (X)430162+49
    3 Armenia420276+16
    4 Greece411268−24

I know we posted at the same time but unfortunately its their own fault this time

Saying that having Bosnia and Austria in their Nations League Group wouldn't have been easy either...

Ironically though Northern Ireland are currently doing better than either team in Euro 2020 Qualifying
  • Finland has never qualified for a Euro or World Cup before.
  • Sponsored links:

• Danepak said:
    Finland has never qualified for a Euro or World Cup before.
    Ironic then... They've got this Play-Off space available to them via. the Nations League setup

Might not even need it if they can remain in the top two of their Group which would be their best Qualifying finish ever

Teemu Pukki for Norwich was probably one of the best Free Transfers in the Football League last season, am curious to see how he steps up
  • Danepak said:
    Surprising, considering they've had a few decent players down the years. The likes of Jaaskelainen and our own Jonatan Johansson

1 Italy4400131+1212

2 Finland (X)430162+49
    3 Armenia420276+16
    4 Greece411268−24

They're ranked about 50 in the world, so they're going to get tough draws as they're always in pot 3 or 4.
  • Tough game for Russia. 9-0 v San Marino. 

San Marino seem to get worse as the years go by. 
    The problem for San Marino is that the postman who plays in goal is reaching retirement age, and doesn't know where his posts are any more.
  • Danepak said:
    Surprising, considering they've had a few decent players down the years. The likes of Jaaskelainen and our own Jonatan Johansson
    Not to forget Jari Litmanen and Sami Hyypia.
  • Litmanen at Ajax was a class player. Class
  • Litmanen at Liverpool was a crap player.

Group stage
    CATEGORY 1
    €185
    CATEGORY 2
    €125
    CATEGORY 3
    €50

Round of 16
    CATEGORY 1
    €185
    CATEGORY 2
    €125
    CATEGORY 3
    €50

Semi-finals
    CATEGORY 1
    €595
    CATEGORY 2
    €345
    CATEGORY 3
    €195
    FANS FIRST *
    €85

Final
    CATEGORY 1
    €945
    CATEGORY 2
    €595
    CATEGORY 3
    €295
    FANS FIRST *

FIFA/UEFA "who can we rip off to make ourselves stinking rich?"

also FIFA/UEFA "fans first"
  • Jesus... €945 for a ticket right at the back of the top tier, only bonus is you not behind a goal!!

Could easily do a better price range like what we got for the Play-Off Finals
  • have applied for semis and final as i would go regardless of who was in it the rest of the games im confident my england caps should be enough, have booked a cheapish flight out to dublin for the round of 16 as will be nigh on impossible to get anything sorted after final game of the group.