Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro 2020 Qualification

Comments

• Turkey beating a very strong France side 2-0
  • World Champions France lose 2-0 to Turkey and have 0 shots on target
  • An upset in Glasgow as Scotland nick a late win against Cyprus.
  • An upset in Glasgow as Scotland nick a late win against Cyprus.
    Terrible match, I’m going to Belgium tomorrow for Scotland’s game there on Tuesday and am quite concerned it will be a tonking! 
  • se9addick said:
    An upset in Glasgow as Scotland nick a late win against Cyprus.
    Terrible match, I’m going to Belgium tomorrow for Scotland’s game there on Tuesday and am quite concerned it will be a tonking! 
    I'd expect at least a 3-0
  • World Champions France lose 2-0 to Turkey and have 0 shots on target
    That result went slightly under the radar. Indeed the European qualifying matches at the moment have been somewhat overshadowed by the Women's World Cup and Nations League, but there are some crucial matches for the other home nations, with Scotland, Wales and N Ireland all playing away on Tuesday.
  • se9addick said:
    i'm not that worried if i'm honest. my money is on a draw but we could knick the three points
  • edited June 2019
    Ireland only beat Gibraltar 1-0 in Gibraltar at half time in Ireland its only 1-0 to Ireland

This is a Gibraltar team who conceded 10 goals in 2 games against Macedonia and Armenia.

Kosovo however are a new nation that are impressing me, they became a Fifa nation in June 2016, and after lots of defeats to start with they went into todays game 13 unbeaten with draws including Denmark and Bulgaria, and they are beating Bulgaria tonight(edit Bulgaria have made it 1-1 just before HT)
  • I'd like to see Taylor and Magennis play together. I think they would be a good pairing.
  • edited June 2019
    Ireland in a group with Switzerland and Denmark, that group could easilly come down to goal difference.

Denmark and Switzerland still have to play Gibraltar twice, and you feel their goal difference after those games will be greater than +2 which Irelands will be.

I get its still 2 wins, but surely no Irish person is happy by only beating Gibraltar 1-0 in both matches

Edit:Ireland score in the 94th minute, still think its not what they wanted goals wise against a nation like Gibraltar
  • Sponsored links:

• Our own Jeff Wood manager of Gibraltar.  Doing a good job with a base of 35,000 to pick from.
  • In our group

Kosovo beat Bulgaria 3-2
    Czech Republic beat Montenegro 3-0

1-England-6 points from 2 games
    2-Czech Republic-6 points from 3 games
    3-Kosovo-5 points from 3 games
    4-Montenegro-2 points from 4 games
    5-Bulgaria-2 points from 4 games
  • 2 late goals from Josh Magennis looks to have won the game for N Ireland against Estonia.
    Got maximum points at the moment

Despite a poor Nations League it looks like they stand a great chance of automatic qualification for the Euros
    Yeah sure. Just the Dutch and Germans to overcome. 
  • The way their fixtures went with the Belarus and Estonia games home and away first all N.Ireland can do is make sure that get 12 from 12.
    then hope they can nick a result at Windsor Park on a cold and windy autumn evening against the big boys.
  • I'd like to see Taylor and Magennis play together. I think they would be a good pairing.
    Different countries mate....
  • Ireland in a group with Switzerland and Denmark, that group could easilly come down to goal difference.

Denmark and Switzerland still have to play Gibraltar twice, and you feel their goal difference after those games will be greater than +2 which Irelands will be.

I get its still 2 wins, but surely no Irish person is happy by only beating Gibraltar 1-0 in both matches

Edit:Ireland score in the 94th minute, still think its not what they wanted goals wise against a nation like Gibraltar
    And Denmark beat Georgia 5-1. 
  • se9addick said:
    i'm not that worried if i'm honest. my money is on a draw but we could knick the three points
    Unless you’re a Belgium fan then I’ll assume you’re joking - this will be a beating of historic proportions. 

Circa 50% of the Scottish population out here and incredibly have, thus far, managed to avoid throwing patio furniture at unassuming locals so far. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    I'd like to see Taylor and Magennis play together. I think they would be a good pairing.
    Different countries mate....
    I meant for us.
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Unless you’re a Belgium fan then I’ll assume you’re joking - this will be a beating of historic proportions. 

Circa 50% of the Scottish population out here and incredibly have, thus far, managed to avoid throwing patio furniture at unassuming locals so far. 
    we have a spy in the belgium camp (Sean Maloney coaches them)

in all seriousness, whilst I always have a bit of blind optimism with Scotland I certainly don't expect anything from tonights game.

best fans in the world !
  • Surely they would have beaten that out of you by now.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

we have a spy in the belgium camp (Sean Maloney coaches them)

in all seriousness, whilst I always have a bit of blind optimism with Scotland I certainly don't expect anything from tonights game.

best fans in the world !
    Way more Scotland fans here than I expected, think most see tonight as a free hit - get anything and it’s a massive bonus. Think I’ll have to have a few Trappist beers beforehand to prepare me for the uncomfortable viewing ahead! 
  • edited June 2019
    Turkey 2-0 down to Iceland just days after beating France 
  • Wales and Scotland losing again. Lovely stuff.
  • Crazy to think Laporte doesn’t even get in the France squad and Zouma does.
  • Meanwhile Norn Iron go marching on #GAWA.
  • Scotland were pretty rubbish. Belgium didn’t get out of second gear all game and probably could have scored 5 or 6 if they wanted.

On the plus side I’m pretty confident the Scotland fans to night are the drunkest set of supporters I’ve ever seen (and I’ve followed Scotland & Rangers around Europe a few times).
  • Good day for England fans, love watching Wales lose now.
  • Meanwhile Norn Iron go marching on #GAWA.
    A shame they are in such a tough group
  • Crazy to think Laporte doesn’t even get in the France squad and Zouma does.
    I'm sure i read that Laporte doesn't get on with Deschamps and that's why he doesn't pick him
  • edited June 2019
    Meanwhile Norn Iron go marching on #GAWA.
    That group is misleading right now.

NI have played Belarus twice and Estonia twice. Now they just have to play Germany and Holland twice!

They will need to win one of their games against Germany and Holland to have a chance of qualifying as everyone will beat Belarus and Estonia. Germany beat Estonia 8-0 last night!