Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: League One Play Off Final at Wembley: Charlton 2-1 Sunderland

Many thanks to the 115 Lifers who gave marks for this match and to all of you who have marked this season, the end of season compilation will be out within the next 2 weeks, see you all in the Championship:

Comments

• Great work as always @lancashire lad . Would it be possible (for next season) to add the penalties we face, with the keepers name, number conceded/saved, and possibly who conceded them too?

• Pedro45 said:
    Great work as always @lancashire lad . Would it be possible (for next season) to add the penalties we face, with the keepers name, number conceded/saved, and possibly who conceded them too?
    Pedro- I'm happy to include a basic penalties concede next season but the rest of the information you can hopefully get from the match reports
  • Thanks @lancashire lad for doing this each match!
  • Thanks @lancashire lad for another season of STATBANK. Consider yourself promoted to the Championship.

Have enjoyed the stats so much of late as our 2 full backs who couldn't attack suddenly became wing backs and getting higher marks as they both scored goals and got the hang of their new position.
    Seeing Mr 6.5 Purrington average over 8 for the first time and getting his first every goal at Wembley is what dreams are made of.

• Fantastic work @lancashire lad

Definitely think Sarr's score seems unfair. But lifers always need a whipping boy. No way was it a sub 6 performance. He was outpaced a few times sure, but in the air he was solid and provided the flick for Taylor's wild volley. 

I genuinely believe Bielik over 94 was not even as good as a 7 score.
  • As always LL, enjoyed reading these stats and thank you for adding to our wonderful season's pleasure
  • Thanks as always @lancashire lad I'm looking forward to the DVD boxset of this year's stats  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• What's the difference between our assist stats (19 for Taylor) and the official ones which have him with 11?
  • Thanks @lancashire lad. One question re Sunday's game - does Cullen not get an assist for the cross that led to Bauer's goal, or does he not get it because Bauer's initial header was saved?
  • Thanks @lancashire lad. One question re Sunday's game - does Cullen not get an assist for the cross that led to Bauer's goal, or does he not get it because Bauer's initial header was saved?
    Yes Cullen does get an assist, I did put it in the assist table but forgot to include it in the main table - thanks Robin for pointing it out - all corrected now
  • What's the difference between our assist stats (19 for Taylor) and the official ones which have him with 11?
    I am a little more lenient with assists, for example if a player is fouled and the ensuing  free kick results in a goal then the fouled player gets an assist, that is where most of Lyle'e extras came.
  • through sarr and phillips ( who i lay the blame with ) we were 10 seconds away from et and penalties, that's the reason for the low scores.
  • more thanks and appreciation from me L L
  • Thanks LL take a couple of months off :smile:
  • burning question of the hour .. just why is Lyle Taylor missing from the exultant team photo .. was he the man behind the camera ? 
  • through sarr and phillips ( who i lay the blame with ) we were 10 seconds away from et and penalties, that's the reason for the low scores.
    To be fair His save not long after saved us being 2 down and probably game over though. 

Good as a goal that save imo
  • Sponsored links:

I am a little more lenient with assists, for example if a player is fouled and the ensuing  free kick results in a goal then the fouled player gets an assist, that is where most of Lyle'e extras came.
    So both the fouled player and the free kick taker get an assist? (unless the taker scores obviously)
  • Pedro45 said:
    Great work as always @lancashire lad . Would it be possible (for next season) to add the penalties we face, with the keepers name, number conceded/saved, and possibly who conceded them too?

And while you're doing that, put a broom up your jacksie and sweep the floors at the same time?
  • Anyone who didn't give Bauer a 10 doesn't understand what scoring a last minute winner at Wembley to ensure promotion actually means.
  • Scoham said:
    What's the difference between our assist stats (19 for Taylor) and the official ones which have him with 11?
    So both the fouled player and the free kick taker get an assist? (unless the taker scores obviously)
    I think LL awarded Lethal Lyle an assist for his goal against Scunny on the grounds that he'd been fouled for the free-kick, so in that instance Lyle got the goal and the assist.

Greedy bugger.
  • Great season's work, LL. The marks seem low to me. I gave no-one less than 8. And I was sober at the time.
  • edited May 2019
    Great season's work, LL. The marks seem low to me. I gave no-one less than 8. And I was sober at the time.

I would argue they seem high based on the result. 2 below 7 is a good average overall and the 2 marked down had 1)major mix up 2) poor game

I didn't think we were far off the ratings, I don't think BFG would have got MOTM had the significance of last minute winner, but he was solid and a couple other spots but again that's just a difference in opinions. I would have had 1)Cullen 2)Williams 3) Bauer

• burning question of the hour .. just why is Lyle Taylor missing from the exultant team photo .. was he the man behind the camera ? 
    Or might have been taken while he was being interviewed by Colin Murray?