Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wembley on crutches

Hi all, currently on crutches after breaking my heel last weekend being a prat. What are the arrangements for Wembley to accommodate this? Would be shite if I'm caught up in a massive queue as I'd have to sit on the floor after a while! Should I just speak to the old bill when I get there?

Comments

• most football fans are genuine types who i would expect would move out of your way.
  • most football fans are genuine types who i would expect would move out of your way.
    What he says.
    Get there as early as you can and i'm sure you'll be passed to the front of any queue.
  • Oh, I thought you meant Wembley was on.............. never mind.
  • edited May 2019
    Hi all, currently on crutches after breaking my heel last weekend being a prat. What are the arrangements for Wembley to accommodate this? Would be shite if I'm caught up in a massive queue as I'd have to sit on the floor after a while! Should I just speak to the old bill when I get there?
    I got a broken foot and will be on crutches as well, will have the same problem, but just hoping people will be understanding, my worry is getting to excited and walking to Wembley with the crutches, only done a 100 yards so far, think we got a 10 minute walk or and 30 minute hop. I missed the game on Friday night, but I ain’t missing Sunday’s. If needs be I will join you sitting on the floor, but getting up might be a bigger problem.
  • B) Where are you sitting at Wembley? Only asked as two of our older mates are going, both use walking sticks and as we are fairly high up they were a little concerned but apparently there are escalators at the stadium so that may help? I'd set out on Saturday of I were you!
  • We went to Stevenage away on crutches, the only problem I had was, when I went to for a leak at HT, only to find the toilets flooded with about 2” of water. Didn’t really fancy having the plaster getting soaked with piss. Gave it a miss and spent the second half breaking my neck, mad rush to a pub after the game.
  • Hi all, currently on crutches after breaking my heel last weekend being a prat. What are the arrangements for Wembley to accommodate this? Would be shite if I'm caught up in a massive queue as I'd have to sit on the floor after a while! Should I just speak to the old bill when I get there?
    Hi,

Sorry to hear about breaking your heel.
    How did you do that, not celebrating last Friday night?? 

I have had a hip replacement in March. I can walk a little some distance before muscles get tired.
    I was 50/50 about taking crutches but for the same reason as you I was concerned if I didn't take crutches plus don't know what steps are like.

I am going from North Greenwich by tube all the way to Wembley Park on the Jubilee line and going early about 11am to avoid the rush. 
  • Cheers everyone. Was drunk last weekend and decided I'd try and climb a wall at a house party, then jumped down from it straight onto my heels. No idea why I did it. Probably won't be having a drink next weekend so not that bothered about having to go to the loo at Wembley. Gonna be up in block 531 but I've heard there's a lift/escalator so not too bad.
    Going to London Bridge on the train then Jubilee line so there are lifts there anyways, shouldn't be too bad.
  • Cheers everyone. Was drunk last weekend and decided I'd try and climb a wall at a house party, then jumped down from it straight onto my heels. No idea why I did it. Probably won't be having a drink next weekend so not that bothered about having to go to the loo at Wembley. Gonna be up in block 531 but I've heard there's a lift/escalator so not too bad.
    Going to London Bridge on the train then Jubilee line so there are lifts there anyways, shouldn't be too bad.
    You might be better off going to Waterloo rather than London bridge. 
    The walk to the tube is much shorter 
  • Sponsored links:

• addick05 said:
    B) Where are you sitting at Wembley? Only asked as two of our older mates are going, both use walking sticks and as we are fairly high up they were a little concerned but apparently there are escalators at the stadium so that may help? I'd set out on Saturday of I were you!
    Escalators will take you up to your level, but you might still face a long climb if you're not near the vomitory
  • @ladywell_addick For reassurance, probably best to have a look at this, and possibly contact their Disability Liaison Officer http://www.wembleystadium.com/plan-your-visit/disabled-services-and-accessibility/disabled-access