Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Porto Advice

Few of us travelling to Porto for the Nations League. Staying 4 days, so will need stuff to do.

Anyone been before? Good bars/restaurants to check out?

Comments

• Sounds like your stuff to do is drinking and eating.
  • iaitch said:
    Sounds like your stuff to do is drinking and eating.

and a bit of bugle as well.

• iaitch said:

Scrap the eating then
  • iaitch said:

Any numbers greatly appreciated 
  • 42 or 666.
  • If you like fish/seafood i can reccomend Palato restaurant. They have a big grill outside and you just chose your fish and they cook it. Simple but tasty.
  • A lovely place to visit for a long weekend...if you can get a visit into the douro valley vineyards you must go ....there is a local delicacy called a francesinho...no not à Brazil squad member but a horrible gruesome mix of cheese ham and beefburger ..if you can finish one just check when you awake next day to see if you are still alive ....go easy on the port ....lots of nice restaurants riverside 
  • edited May 2019
    Great city to wander by foot, especially along the riverfront. The best bars tend to be further up the hill into the city. 

Walking over the top of Luis I Bridge is a highlight. It’s free with good views and some good restaurants on the other side of the river. 

A great snack to pick up when walking between bars is a pastel de bacalhau. Mix of potato and codfish, usually deep fried. Ignore my poor description, they are delicious! 
  • Caves Ferreira
    Caves Taylor's
    Caves Cálem
    Caves Churchill

B)

• Guindalense Football Club, amazing bar, great views, worth the climb.