Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Information for any boycotters

If you are boycotting the play offs, because you do not wish to give your money to Roland, please read the rules below.

The money from the play offs is pooled, & 50% of the funds are shared between the 4 clubs.

So Charlton get just 12.5% of the total revenue if I am correct.

I just thought you should be aware if you wanted to come along. Regards to all.

6 Financial Rules relating to the Semi-Final matches

6.1 For all semi-final matches the visting Club may claim travel expenses incurred (and the amount claimed shall be an expense of the match) at the following rates:

6.1.1 standard class railway fares for up to 24 persons for the Players and officials of the visiting club at a maximum rate of £100 per person; or

6.1.2 air fares for up to 24 persons for the Players and officials of the visiting club at a maximum rate of £100 per person; or

6.1.3 actual cost of motor coach hire (not exceeding £2,400). 6.2 For all semi final matches, subject to Rule 5.3, the visting Club may also claim hotel expenses incurred (and the amount claimed shall be an expense of the match) at the following rates:

6.2.1 for an overnight stay, for up to 24 persons for the Players and officials of the visiting club at a maximum rate of £100 per person; or

6.2.2 where there is no overnight stay, a maximum of £450 (where necessarily incurred).

6.3 A visting Club shall only be entitled to claim overnight hotel expenses where it would not be possible for the visting Club to return to its home stadium or training ground (as applicable) within 5 hours (including a stop of not more than 45 minutes) of the conclusion of the match. Any hotel expenses (overnight or otherwise) shall be agreed between the home Club and visiting Club in advance. Any disputes shall immediately be referred to The League for settlement and whose decision will be final.

6.4 Income from television broadcasting of any match shall not form part of the proceeds of the match. Facility fees payable to Clubs shall be determined by the Board.

6.5 The proceeds of each match (including replayed matches and admittance to the away Club’s ground where a beamback is provided) shall after paying thereout the travelling and/or hotel expenses of the Visiting Club (calculated in accordance with Rules 5.1 to 5.3), the ground and other expenses of the match including Value Added Tax, floodlighting of the playing pitch and ancillary lighting (not to exceed £200), advertising, printing, postage, police charges, costs incurred pursuant to Rule 2.6, turnstile operators, stewards and contribution to first aid helpers shall hereafter be referred to as ‘the Semi Final Net Gate Receipts Before Levy’.

6.6 A levy amounting to 3% of the Semi Final Net Gate Receipts Before Levy shall be payable in accordance with Article 36. The balance of the net proceeds after deduction of the levy represents the 'Net Gate Receipts' and such Net Gate Receipts shall be divided as follows:

6.6.1 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be paid into the Pool Account referred to in Article 35; and

6.6.2 the remaining 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be aggregated, Division by Division, and each Division's aggregated monies shall be shared equally amongst the four Clubs taking part in that Division's Play-Off matches.

6.7 Each Home Club shall send the 3% levy and the shares of the Net Gate Receipts to be paid into the Pool Account to The League together with a statement of the calculations thereof within ten days of the match to be aggregated by Division.

7 Financial Rules relating to the Final matches

7.1 Where a Club sells match tickets on behalf of The League, the proceeds of ticket sales shall be paid to The League in accordance with the provisions of Article 47.

7.2 In respect of the Final, each Club shall be entitled to claim (and the amount claimed shall be an expense of the match) travelling expenses at the following rates:

7.2.1 standard class railway fares for up to 24 persons for the Players and officials of the visiting club at a maximum rate of £100 per person; or

7.2.2 air fares for up to 24 persons for the Players and officials of the visiting club at a maximum rate of £100 per person; or

7.2.3 actual cost of motor coach hire (not exceeding £2,400).

7.3 Both Clubs shall be entitled to claim a maximum of two nights overnight hotel accommodation if incurred. Such expenses shall be limited to those incurred for a party not exceeding twenty-four in number at a maximum rate of £100 per person.

7.4 The proceeds of each match after paying thereout the travelling and/or hotel expenses of the competing Clubs (calculated in accordance with Rules 6.2 and 6.3), the ground and other expenses of the match including Value Added Tax, hire of stadium, advertising, printing, postage, police charges, turnstile operators, stewards, contribution to first aid helpers, catering, entertainment, travelling and/or hotel expenses of the Board, staff, match officials and ball boys shall hereafter be referred to as ‘the Final Net Gate Receipts Before Levy’. A levy amounting to 3% of the Final Net Gate Receipts Before Levy shall be payable in accordance with Article 36. The balance of the net proceeds after deduction of the Levy represents the Net Gate Receipts and such Net Gate Receipts shall be divided as follows:

7.4.1 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be paid into the Pool Account referred to in Article 35;

7.4.2 the remaining 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be divided equally between the two Clubs taking part in each Final Play-Off match.

7.5 Where spectators are admitted to the Final Play-Off matches as part of hospitality arrangements by The League then the income from such hospitality arrangements shall be included in the Final Net Gate Receipts Levy.

7.6 Income derived from programme sales and perimeter advertising after paying thereout all attributable costs shall be included in the Final Net Gate Receipts Before Levy.

7.7 Any income or costs which are attributable to more than one match, including without limitation the Stadium hire costs, will be apportioned pro rata to gate receipts.

7.8 Income from television broadcasting of any match shall not form part of the proceeds of the match. No facility fees shall be payable to Clubs.

Comments

• edited May 2019
    clb74 said:
    CE are you working 24/7 over the next 3 days 
    Disappointingly he’s not turned up for his 7am shift this morning 
    To be fair to him if you'd been constantly banging your head against a brick wall you'd probably have a day off 😉.
  • I get your point Covered End but it’s actually 25% as we’d get 12.5% of the pooled money for all the leagues as well as 12.5% of the pooled money for our league.
  • Item 6.6.2 Above says that we only get 12.5% shared between the 4 clubs taking part in the divisions play off. I can't see we get a share of the Championship and Leauge Two pools. 
  • clb74 said:
    CE are you working 24/7 over the next 3 days 
    Disappointingly he’s not turned up for his 7am shift this morning 
    Getting a bit worried now , this sites gone to pot since he was last active.
    Probably drove up to Donny at 3am to demand these extra 800 tickets 
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for the info Covered End. I've got my away tickets and am happy with that, thanks.

Anyway it begs the question, who's siphoning off the money if the clubs only get 50% between them? Here it just says, "50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be paid into the Pool Account referred to in Article 35".  Pool fund!  Is Harvey using the cash to build himself an Olympic-sized plaything?
  • To those fans who are still having digs at the fans who have boycotted over the last few seasons because of the way roland has all but destroyed the club.

How many of you stopped going to games during the Selhurst/Upton Park seasons?

Nobody had sarcastic digs at you back then or said you weren’t a “real fan”. What’s the difference between boycotting then & boycotting now?

FYI I attended the majority of games during those seasons, including when I had no money because of unemployment, & when ill with pneumonia.

Charlton Til I Die
    Social media is the difference here. 
    I went to Shithurst & met many a fan who boycotted then, usually in the pub. 
    We’d chat, face to face, have a laugh then buy each other a drink. 
    Sad but true. 
  • Stig said:
    Thanks for the info Covered End. I've got my away tickets and am happy with that, thanks.

Anyway it begs the question, who's siphoning off the money if the clubs only get 50% between them? Here it just says, "50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be paid into the Pool Account referred to in Article 35".  Pool fund!  Is Harvey using the cash to build himself an Olympic-sized plaything?
    Someone tell Rolly. He will put a round up someone’s bottom if it does not get his full share.
  • I have read from top to bottom and can’t see anyone chewing out boycotters. 
  • There is no right or wrong in attending/not attending.
    There is when it comes to you
  • Sponsored links:

• robroy said:
    I fully understand why people have boycotted. For me I could never do that as spending time with my Dad is invaluable and I would never miss out on that. 

However, if the boycotters come back for these games its their choice and they should be welcomed back with open arms. We are all FANS 
    If our Dad was still about and he wanted to go, we’d be taking him. 
    No question. 
    Give your Dad a cwtch from me. 
  • I would like to attend, but shall not do so.
    Percentages are irrelevant. I shall not support CAFC until a new ownership is realised.
    This is my opposition to the status quo.
    In seeking something positive from a negative situation I am using the free time to good effect in campaigning activities not related to football; in these I am enjoying success.

Don't worry, he'll be gone soon.

Jim Ratcliffe going through the EFL paperwork as we speak.
  • It's not even 12.5% of the price of a ticket, because that effectively includes VAT. So on £21 ticket the club will get approx £2.19p. 
  • I note the clubs don't get any TV money at all. 
  • colthe3rd said:

I've decided to break my own boycott for the home leg. Possibly a bit hypocritical coming back for such a huge game but it's been 2 years for me, that's a fair few quid Roland has missed out on from me in that time, it's been very difficult at times to not go back especially this season but I need to get back for this match. Fair play to anyone still continuing to boycott you're stronger willed than I am.

Going to the home leg after boycotting is not hypocritical in my view. Boycotting is really hard and in my opinion the best way of encouraging RD to sell.
    A losing strategy probably but nobody knows the answer when dealing with this likely sociopath (well, on the scale somewhere at least)!
    I have attended one home game per season for the last 3 seasons and managed to only spend £5 but will be going to the 2nd leg home game as my only visit this season and will have to pay the full price. Of course it is even harder to boycott when the team is doing so well and I may have even gone the whole season but I wanted to see this team at the Valley before it is invariably broken up this summer.
    When booking I looked at the season ticket page to see that some arsehole has already bought my 'boycotted' seat.....I will try and avoid eye contact because no doubt it would not end well.....

• colthe3rd said:

I've decided to break my own boycott for the home leg. Possibly a bit hypocritical coming back for such a huge game but it's been 2 years for me, that's a fair few quid Roland has missed out on from me in that time, it's been very difficult at times to not go back especially this season but I need to get back for this match. Fair play to anyone still continuing to boycott you're stronger willed than I am.

Going to the home leg after boycotting is not hypocritical in my view. Boycotting is really hard and in my opinion the best way of encouraging RD to sell.
    A losing strategy probably but nobody knows the answer when dealing with this likely sociopath (well, on the scale somewhere at least)!
    I have attended one home game per season for the last 3 seasons and managed to only spend £5 but will be going to the 2nd leg home game as my only visit this season and will have to pay the full price. Of course it is even harder to boycott when the team is doing so well and I may have even gone the whole season but I wanted to see this team at the Valley before it is invariably broken up this summer.
    When booking I looked at the season ticket page to see that some arsehole has already bought my 'boycotted' seat.....I will try and avoid eye contact because no doubt it would not end well.....

A bit uncalled for mate. We're all friends here :-)
  • I haven’t attended a home game since the Coventry game in 2016. It would be hypocritical of me to pretend that boycotting has not been made easier by the fact that for the last 15 months I have lived in Wales. I can’t get to the home leg as I will be in Belgium that evening but I will find  somewhere where I can watch the game on the telly.

I admire the fortitude of those such as Anna Kissed who will resist the lure of a Wembley final but I will go if we reach there. I will continue to boycott home games until Roland leaves.