Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Medical team nominated for League One Award

Charlton Athletic’s medical team have been nominated for the League One Medicine and Performance Team of the Year award. The award acknowledges outstanding contribution from a clubs Medicine and Performance Association.

The Addicks medical team will be going up against Bristol Rovers, Peterborough United and Portsmouth at the awards evening later this month.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5cc96b852f75e/medical-team-nominated-for-league-one-award

Comments

• I honestly thought this might be a joke, wtf surely we should be bottom as we always have people injured. If they were doing it properly perhaps we wouldn't get so many...
  • they have enough to do !
  • I honestly thought this might be a joke, wtf surely we should be bottom as we always have people injured. If they were doing it properly perhaps we wouldn't get so many...
    Not the Medical team that are doing the injuries though...

In the sense of getting the players back they're doing a good job as none have been forced into retirement
  • Hopefully the Medical team of the year curse will happen and we won’t get anymore injuries. 
  • They all deserve a medal just for getting Igor fit and firing. I think most of us thought he was a lost cause.
    This is a crazy post.
    The amount of work they have done trying to get players fit in a contact sport is unbelievable. 
    We have quite a few players who aren't made for a contact sport. Williams, Page, Vetokele, Reeves, plus the ACL to JFC and the dislocated shoulders to Cullen and Igor.
    Also Pearce is getting more injuries, and Solly's long term knee problem has to be continually monitored.

Yes the medical team have been superb this season and deserve a medal.

Was kind of in jest, calm down.....

Although sometimes we have rushed players back, not saying that's the medical team to blame and probably more in the past as we always seem to get a lot of injuries.

This is a crazy post.
    The amount of work they have done trying to get players fit in a contact sport is unbelievable. 
    We have quite a few players who aren't made for a contact sport. Williams, Page, Vetokele, Reeves, plus the ACL to JFC and the dislocated shoulders to Cullen and Igor.
    Also Pearce is getting more injuries, and Solly's long term knee problem has to be continually monitored.

Was kind of in jest, calm down.....

Although sometimes we have rushed players back, not saying that's the medical team to blame and probably more in the past as we always seem to get a lot of injuries.

I think until the last two seasons there was validity in questioning the methods of Cafc medical team. Players would disappear for six weeks in the summer and their injuries weren't monitored according to Russell Slade. Slade's best work was improving the medical team and the players nosh !

Igor Achilles heel problem was a case of should he rest or have an operation. In the end Igor lost confidence with playing when he was only 75% fit.

Strange that despite Duchatelet the football and medical side have improved so much in the last year.
  • clive said:

Charlton Athletic’s medical team have been nominated for the League One Medicine and Performance Team of the Year award. The award acknowledges outstanding contribution from a clubs Medicine and Performance Association.

The Addicks medical team will be going up against Bristol Rovers, Peterborough United and Portsmouth at the awards evening later this month.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5cc96b852f75e/medical-team-nominated-for-league-one-award

That’ll be because of all the practice they’ve had
  • Sponsored links:

• Well,they certainly get plenty of practice.
  • Sage said:
    I honestly thought this might be a joke, wtf surely we should be bottom as we always have people injured. If they were doing it properly perhaps we wouldn't get so many...
    This is a crazy post.

100%.

The medical team have been absolutely fantastic and until people see and realise what they do to get our players in the condition they're in now is unbelievable.

We essentially have a fully fit squad now. That is unheard of at this time of the season where most teams have players breaking down at this stage. You can say we deserve a bit of luck, and sure, we do. However, the medical team have done a brilliant job and I will be rooting for them to win this award.
    Yeah we have lost a lot of players this year, but when you look at how long they're expected to be out for, we seem to be getting them back on time, which is pretty rare in football these days. Some are even back ahead of schedule. The work they've done with JFC must have been brilliant to get him back so fast.

When you look at injury prone players like Reeves or Bielik (maybe a bit harsh, but I known injury ruined his time at Walsall), they've played or been fit a whole lot this season. As mentioned above, how quick and strong and sharp Igor has looked in the last few weeks is absolutely brilliant. 
  • edited May 2019
    I’ve never known a season like this one for so many players picking up injuries, we must have had the equivalent of 3 season injuries.

Whether it’s because of the brand of football we play, or  the fact we have so many injury prone players on our books (is it possible to look at players injuries from season gone by before we sign them?)

Is it because the budget is so tight, we have to take risks on signing injury prone players?

It can’t all be down to just bad fortune.

Anyway well done the medical team, they’ve earned their corn this season.
  • I hope they send someone else to pick up the trophy if they win it.  With our luck, whoever lifts the award is bound to pull something.