Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton 4 Wimbledon 3 in behind closed doors friendly

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5cc854f758e21/u23s-report-charlton-4-afc-wimbledon-3

Charlton: Harness, Yao (2), Keefe, Stevenson, Page, Marshall, Morgan (Quitirna 60), Forster-Caskey (1), Odoh (Sarpong-Wiredu 60), Doughty (Umerah (1) 46 ), Parker.

Sub (not used): Maynard-Brewer.

No apology for putting the result in the title

Comments

• Interesting to see Marshall involved but no Fosu
  • No RHF either who may still be injured
  • Interesting to see Marshall involved but no Fosu
    I don't think LB doubts Marshall's attitude, he just doesn't rate him.
  • shows how far we have come under lb last season people were devestated about fosu being out now he cannot even get in the side. well done lee a job well done despite wank chops best efforts 
  • There must be more to Fosu not playing than him simply being out of form. Parker and Marshall aren't exactly tearing up league one.

I'm convinced there must have been a row between them at some point.
  • There must be more to Fosu not playing than him simply being out of form. Parker and Marshall aren't exactly tearing up league one.

Or maybe an Alex Hales situation?
  • Based on this season, he wouldn't be able to get both himself and the ball beyond the umpire 
  • Blimey.......another goal from a free kick. Think I need a lie down. 
    He was waiting to see a doctor or someone yesterday at Farnborough hospital (or whatever it's called now).
    So that may well be the case.
  • Sponsored links:

He was waiting to see a doctor or someone yesterday at Farnborough hospital (or whatever it's called now).

I think Doctors are still called Doctors @blackpool72 : - )

Princess Royal Hospital.

He went off injured in his last Bromley game.  Glad to see that CAFC are using the NHS.

Princess Royal Hospital.

He went off injured in his last Bromley game.  Glad to see that CAFC are using the NHS.
    They have been for years ben.
    I broke my arm years ago and went to queen Mary's in sidcup.
    Johnny Robinson and Carl Leaburn both turned up to see a (doctor).
    True story. 

Has to be something along those lines, but I doubt we'll ever find out. A real pity as I think Fosu is a really gifted footballer. I don't think Marshall has let the side down and when he's been played at right back he's looked quite lively. As for Parker, I fear he will join those who will be listed in the 'Worst Players bought' roll in months/years to come. Total waste of space.

Princess Royal Hospital.

True story. 
    Imagine being the doctor/nurse having to put up with Robinson's moaning  :D

Princess Royal Hospital.

True story. 

John Robinson was in to speak to the plastic surgeon about his chin.

Maybe he’s signed a precontract with someone and is showing he wants out?

Princess Royal Hospital.

True story. 
    I actually spoke to him for ages while we were waiting and he was very freindly and chatty tbh.
    But then I'm not a referee .
  • Fosu has become Persona non Grata in Lee Bowyer's plans. I have always felt he had the X factor but by not being involved today his Gillingham home MOM performance is going to be his swan song. Too many ugly duck shows has made him history in the mind of the Charlton manager.

From Memory, Fosu, Zyro, Ajose, Aribo and Magennis were our attacking options at the end of last season. We now have the improved Aribo, Lyle Taylor Baby, the return of the Igor, Williams and Reeves to hopefully score or assist.
    Parker unfortunately does seem a dud, but that was a result of the wonky winter window.

Great that JFC and Page got more game time. 

Princess Royal Hospital.

True story. 
    I actually spoke to him for ages while we were waiting and he was very freindly and chatty tbh.
    But then I'm not a referee .
    You say that now.... 
  • Sponsored links:

• what has happened to Maxwell the goalie on loan?
    Was rumoured to be ill for the Gillingham game

Be surprised if we've sent him back to Preston as be a big risk letting him go if something happened to Dillon

Be surprised if we've sent him back to Preston as be a big risk letting him go if something happened to Dillon
    I was surprised because I thought it might be worth giving him a game either against the Gills and Rochdale to help keep him match sharp 
  • Richard J said:
    what has happened to Maxwell the goalie on loan?

I was surprised because I thought it might be worth giving him a game either against the Gills and Rochdale to help keep him match sharp 
    I guess Goalkeeper is the one position you dont really want to mess about with too much
  • Feel a bit for Maxwell, probably expected a fair amount of game time and will likely leave with none. But Dillon has obviously been too good to leave out. 
  • JFC getting in practice for his last minute winner from a free kick in the playoff final

Princess Royal Hospital.

True story. 
    You should have had a look around for Cory Gibbs when you were there.
    I've just checked. He's still waiting.
  • Shame about Fosu, thought he was our best player last season comfortably and now he don't even get a look in. It's fair enough cause he has had shockers except two games where he was brilliant, I think Wombles at home and someone else.

All the best to him, Bowyer knows best