Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

when did it last feel this good

just thinking to myself... when did I last feel this high

Blackburn last year was good..but not this good

was buzzing before the play off last year but it didn't out

the great Finish in 2013

staying up in 2014

cup run 2014

promotion in 2012

for me this level of euphoria isn't matched since that title winning year of 2012. 

Comments

• I'd say its the first time since Powell's first year in the Championship when we went on a run and got so close to the Play-Offs
  • We are actually playing much better football than the 2012 season, so despite being 5th Im loving this.
  • This season:
    Portsmouth, Barnsley and Doncaster were great, Sunderland was good as well, mainly because we thought Roland had 48hrs left before selling. But yesterday was different class when we gave a master class 2nd half performance with a 3-0, 45 minute dismantling of the Champions elect.

Last season Rotherham and Plymouth were top displays at the business end of season.
  • Best season since the Premier League days for me. If there's one positive to take from the Roland era it's the renewed togetherness of the fans. The atmosphere's have been brilliant all season. 
  • I feel very very proud right now! Roland doesn’t have a scooby about what he has here at this great club! Absolute fool! 

Bowyer is an an absolute hero whether we go up or not!!
  • drewman said:
    This is about the only time I have felt excited by Charlton since the twat took over. So, probably 2012 for me.
    Yup, that’s the way I feel too ... and it feels good. 
  • TEL said:
    We are actually playing much better football than the 2012 season, so despite being 5th Im loving this.
    Sometimes, as you’d expect. It would be hard to say we played “better football” at Wycombe, in the first half at Plymouth, or against Bradford and Burton, even recently, although we won all those games.
  • edited April 2019
    TEL said:
    We are actually playing much better football than the 2012 season, so despite being 5th Im loving this.
    Sometimes, as you’d expect. It would be hard to say we played “better football” at Wycombe, in the first half at Plymouth, or against Bradford and Burton, even recently, although we won all those games.
    To be fair, our football wasn’t always the greatest in 2012, but we ground out the results. 
  • The run in when we just missed out on a play off place in our first season back in the championship. I was half convinced Danny Haynes was going to power us into the prem. 
  • Sponsored links:

• It's one thing to thank Roland for I suppose. He's alienated himself and bonded the team and fans.
    The sooner he fucks off the club will be as one again.
  • Without wishing to over egg it but surely Bowyer’s performance in a time of adversity is putting him right up there with our greatest managers. Nearly 51% win rate from 61 matches outstrips all our other managers and the run since the New Year is up alongside the Curbs run up to the 98 play off final, the 2000 bounce back and Powell in 2012.
  • Without wishing to over egg it but surely Bowyer’s performance in a time of adversity is putting him right up there with our greatest managers. Nearly 51% win rate from 61 matches outstrips all our other managers and the run since the New Year is up alongside the Curbs run up to the 98 play off final, the 2000 bounce back and Powell in 2012.
    What'll set him apart is his ability to do it at a higher level too

Jimmy Seed we know took the club from the Third Division to second place in the First Division, impossible to achieve now so we shouldn't expect that... After a few years of rebuilding Charlton; Curbs took us from being mid-table in the First Division to mid-table in the Premier League... Same with Powell really when he took us from mid-table in League One to mid-table in the Championship

I still believe that what stopped Powell from taking us further was the simple fact that Kevin Cash pulled funding and then had Roland to screw him over - Bowyer at the moment is showing he can do really well at this level but like players, there are a good few managers (Paul Hurst being one at the moment; Phil Parkinson another?) who have their own ceiling level
  • Best season since the Premier League days for me. If there's one positive to take from the Roland era it's the renewed togetherness of the fans. The atmosphere's have been brilliant all season. 
    Totally agree and believe major reason behind this is bowyer and jacksons connection with the fans. We believe in him and he knows what we want. So so good atm
  • edited April 2019
    Didn’t realise so many people were THAT caught up in it this year. 

Last time I felt good about Charlton was this time last year when Bowyer had us get into playoffs from nowhere.

1-0 win away at Pompey comes to mind immediately and people were posing exactly the same question then as they are now.
  • It so good to read this.....
  • Didn’t realise so many people were THAT caught up in it this year. 

Last time I felt good about Charlton was this time last year when Bowyer had us get into playoffs from nowhere.

1-0 win away at Pompey comes to mind immediately and people were posing exactly the same question then as they are now.
    Last year felt fairly similar, but we have a better team now and Bowyer hasn't had to recover the season like he did after KR left.

That Pompey win last season was very special. We also beat Blackburn and Rotherham (both promoted) and Shrewsbury in the run in, so beating the top teams isn't new this season, though our overall form in the run in was more inconsistent
    What'll set him apart is his ability to do it at a higher level too

Jimmy Seed we know took the club from the Third Division to second place in the First Division, impossible to achieve now so we shouldn't expect that... After a few years of rebuilding Charlton; Curbs took us from being mid-table in the First Division to mid-table in the Premier League... Same with Powell really when he took us from mid-table in League One to mid-table in the Championship

I still believe that what stopped Powell from taking us further was the simple fact that Kevin Cash pulled funding and then had Roland to screw him over - Bowyer at the moment is showing he can do really well at this level but like players, there are a good few managers (Paul Hurst being one at the moment; Phil Parkinson another?) who have their own ceiling level
    Being really harsh, there's a certain expectation I have with us in this division, that even with a terrible owner we still ought to win plenty of matches at this level. Bowyer has been excellent, but Slade to me underperformed while Robinson was about par.

Parky had a terrible time in the Championship after he took over from Pardew, but with a fairly similar team was able to mount a pretty successful L1 campaign and was unlucky to be sacked the following season. I imagine his L1 win ratio will look pretty good, and indeed in his career elsewhere. Anyone would struggle at Bolton at the moment

• I could say a few things to destroy everyone’s bonhomie but I won’t ......
  • but Bowyer doesn’t have as many coaching certificates on his wall as Robinson.......

seriously great job LB & shows that it’s really all about man management, motivation, inspiration & experience....
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s been a decent season on the pitch regardless and Bowyer has done a good job. 

But despite not strengthening how we hoped and losing Grant, we do still have a good squad for this level so getting promoted wouldn’t be a huge shock. 
  • Queue losing to Oxford!

it certainly does seem as though Bowyer’s helped us turn a corner, but it is absolutely vital that we get up by any means this season because staying in L1 for another year could be disastrous to the long term future of the Club.
  • If we don’t win promotion from this shit heap of a league with this squad I’ll be disappointed, last year would have been a massive surprise promotion , this year not so much , so I was more excited about potential promotion last season .
    decent buzz around Charlton but it’s muffled by the grey clouds of a prick owner still being here .
    if he sold today , I think we’d  be nigh on certain of promotion this season with the feel good factor that would arrive and if it wasn’t this season next would be a cert.

• If we don’t win promotion from this shit heap of a league with this squad I’ll be disappointed, last year would have been a massive surprise promotion , this year not so much , so I was more excited about potential promotion last season .
    decent buzz around Charlton but it’s muffled by the grey clouds of a prick owner still being here .
    if he sold today , I think we’d  be nigh on certain of promotion this season with the feel good factor that would arrive and if it wasn’t this season next would be a cert.

Depends who he sold to.
  • What this season has shown is that Roland is far more effective as an owner when he has lost interest. Bowyer was given the job as he was the cheap option - nobody knew how good he could be - that was massive good fortune. 

Yes, the January window showed that Roland can still make it difficult, but again we have had massive luck with Vetokele finding form. Roland has damaged us with his idiotic decisions, like he always does, but having no interest in us has meant he makes less of them.
  • drewman said:
    This is about the only time I have felt excited by Charlton since the twat took over. So, probably 2012 for me.
    Me too. The title winning season was the last time I was truly excited by watching/supporting Charlton. The last 5 years under the control of rolandRat has seen my passion diminish to the point of boycotting the last 3 seasons (apart from a handful of games in each season). I want to enjoy supporting Charlton again. I want the rat to f*** off & let us have our Charlton back.
  • drewman said:
    Me too. The title winning season was the last time I was truly excited by watching/supporting Charlton. The last 5 years under the control of rolandRat has seen my passion diminish to the point of boycotting the last 3 seasons (apart from a handful of games in each season). I want to enjoy supporting Charlton again. I want the rat to f*** off & let us have our Charlton back.
    The games against Plymouth and Rotherham at the business end of last Season were top notch even if we were poor in the Shrewsbury play off matches.

TBF I have a lot of respect for Boycotters but if you pick a few games to come to each season, aren't you just a "fair weather supporter" ?

Reminds me of the 16 year old who told her mum she's a little bit pregnant !

• edited April 2019
    The problem with now is whilst, thanks to Bowyer, it feels like we are being driven in a Roller, thanks to Duchatelet, we know it is only on rental. We might as well enjoy the ride for now though.

I think the quality of the football we are playing is so good that it enables us to overcome, to a degree, the lack of enjoyment and passion Duchatelet has built into us. But he is still there ready to kick us in the nads and we know it! 
  • feels good atm, but unless we go up i fear for the future of the club.