Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luton fans

Comments

• luton admire a small club doing it - but i do not see how they are top of the league and think they will come straight back down next season. 
  • First it was smoking in the toilets, now it’s moved on to Cottaging. 
    Well now we know why they are called The Hatters.
  • Quite like looking at other team's forums when we've beaten them, makes Monday lunchtime go a bit quicker.

Nearly choked on my sandwich when I read a comment from a Luton fan about us being "small time" (because we have a drum), how a patch of form can go to your head!

I doubt that many Luton fans have witnessed an atmosphere like that before.

It's very rare for the away team to be out-sung by the home support but even when they were 1-0 up we were still louder than them, and the whole ground got involved (well three sides anyway).

• fog horn said:
    I met a Luton fan in the toilet near the end of the game. He said how great he thought we had played and how great our fans were. He said we are very noisy.
     I didn’t go up the station after the game but I bet the rest of their support wasn’t as complementary as he was.😂
    Were you sharing a cigarette? fag
    Sorted that for you
  • It wasn't that long ago that Luton were a top flight club and even won the League Club.
  • Lipsmackingckerbcrawlingwalshstealingelliottrobbingtwobobbingwhoreknobbingluton.

Apologies to Pepsi
  • I had a pleasant conversation with a bus driver earlier.

He was so nice...it is now safe to assume that he's a Luton fan.
  • It wasn't that long ago that Luton were a top flight club and even won the League Club.
    Plastic pitch days?
  • Sponsored links:

• luton admire a small club doing it - but i do not see how they are top of the league and think they will come straight back down next season. 
    Probably because half their team was out injured and we were full strength.
    I wouldn’t say we were at full strength - No Page or JFC. 
    Probably because half their team was out injured and we were full strength.is that why we drew with them when we had half the team injured. 

What is it with our fans?

You can only beat what's in front of you and we battered them.
    Agree entirely. I was simply responding to palarsehater not understanding why Luton are top and that they will get relegated immediately.

I think Luton have been comfortably the best team this season and will likely not be relegated.
    We were superb.
    JFC is still not back from injury and he’d probably be the second name on everybody’s team sheet after Taylor’s so we weren’t at full strength either 
    JFC is still not back from injury and he’d probably be the second name on everybody’s team sheet after Taylor’s so we weren’t at full strength either 
    True. I meant full strength as in our best team available for most of this season. 
    What is it with our fans?

You can only beat what's in front of you and we battered them.
    Agree entirely. I was simply responding to palarsehater not understanding why Luton are top and that they will get relegated immediately.

I think Luton have been comfortably the best team this season and will likely not be relegated.
    We were superb.
    Luton have cantered both last season and this.

Their momentum will make them a comfortable mid table next season.
    I'd have Bielik | Sarr | Bauer | Cullen ahead of Forster-Caskey in the team
  • edited April 2019
    redbuttle said:
    luton admire a small club doing it - but i do not see how they are top of the league and think they will come straight back down next season. 
    Probably because half their team was out injured and we were full strength.is that why we drew with them when we had half the team injured. 

No, I was referring to why Luton weren't at their best on Saturday.
    Obviously, part of the reason was that we were superb and tore them apart.
    Another part (who knows how much), was that they had 6 players out including top scorer Collins and Lua Lua.

At Luton (I was there), it was a teriffic game and a well deserved point, thanks to our last gasp equaliser.
    They did look very good though, as did we.
  • Sponsored links:

• Two sitting in the row behind me. in their thirties, hipster beards, but once we equalised they never twitched a muscle.Thought home tickets were restricted sale?
    How did you know they were hipsters?

• Dave2l said:
    I had a pleasant conversation with a bus driver earlier.

He was so nice...it is now safe to assume that he's a Luton fan.
    You and a bus driver, @Foghorn and guy in the toilets, this site is turning into Grindr!
  • Lad from work was in the director's box as a neutral on Saturday and said he couldn't believe how quiet the Luton fans were for an away sell out.

With the acoustics of the Jimmy Seed as well, 3k fans at 1-0 for a lot of the first half they really didn't do much.
  • edited April 2019
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47937011

Luton supporting mate sent me this after getting lots of gloating from me after our result.
  • Chelsea and Arsenal are in the process of speaking to all parents involved no doubt!!

After all Jack Wilshere was originally part of Luton's setup
    They will do well once they arnt cash limited by that dump of a ground. 

Ps don't forget they had there 2 main strikers missing. Hate the club, but hate there recentish treatment 're the points deduction even more. 
    i cannot see them competing in the championship only time will tell, the money being chucked about in the league above is ridiculous i will freely admit that we would struggle, clubs like forest spending in excess of 23 million and sitting in mid table is all you need to look at. 

• I think we are best equipped for the Championship at the moment, but Luton are certain to go up, we have work to do, they are more stable, we have a mad owner. Not sure we can gloat too much. 
  • edited April 2019
    I think we would struggle, on Saturdays showing - which is only the 2nd time I’ve seen Luton play - they didn’t look great I don’t watch other league 1 games just the team I support so I can only comment on what I have seen. 

But it anyway we’ll in lads tore them a new one 2nd half. Players out injured or not 
  • I think we are best equipped for the Championship at the moment, but Luton are certain to go up, we have work to do, they are more stable, we have a mad owner. Not sure we can gloat too much. 
    that's the problem. we are not equipped for the championship with him. he's unlikely to spend any more than necessary. a lot of our players and staff are out of contract, not forgetting the roles the loan players are doing.
     so unless he dramatically changes his approach (not gonna happen) or we get a new owner we will be cannon fodder if we went up.
    all we can hope for is that during the summer he gives a bit of money across for contracts and Bowyer and Gallen can get in a few cheap/free/loan deals that surprise us all we might have a chance.