Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Biggest risk is saturated fat. Sadly, it's found in all the things we love.
  • My dietary regime usually means I try and keep it down to 14 chips per portion...
  • Interesting on TV today saying biggest thing is eating good foods. We don't eat enough of them, and it is more important to introduce those than stop eating the bad food!
  • The price of nuts compared to say chocolate and crisps is a joke. 
  • If it tastes REALLY good it's probably high in Fat or Sugar or both.

Now put down the doughnuts and fried chicken!

• Interesting on TV today saying biggest thing is eating good foods. We don't eat enough of them, and it is more important to introduce those than stop eating the bad food!
    More of a positive message than being nagged about eating the wrong foods.

Surprised that Israel came out so well, the shawarma in my local Jewish restaurants is massively unhealthy!

Surprised that Israel came out so well, the shawarma in my local Jewish restaurants is massively unhealthy!
    So continue eating the same amount of unhealthy foods but also eat healthy foods? That's a massive caloric excess. 

It really should be more along the lines of 'reduce the bad, don't wipe it all out. Increase the good, but don't make food boring'.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Interesting on TV today saying biggest thing is eating good foods. We don't eat enough of them, and it is more important to introduce those than stop eating the bad food!

So continue eating the same amount of unhealthy foods but also eat healthy foods? That's a massive caloric excess. 

It really should be more along the lines of 'reduce the bad, don't wipe it all out. Increase the good, but don't make food boring'.
    Sounds sensible.
  • I think it is best to cut down on the bad foods - but introducing more good foods is an easier win.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2019
    The price of nuts compared to say chocolate and crisps is a joke. 
    This is one of the problems... Nuts are filling over a longer time than chocolate or crisps, however they seem worse value as you can get a 500g bag of nuts for what £4 - £5 or you can get a bar of chocolate and a packet of crisps for around £1-£1.50. 

You eat a portion of nuts, you'll probably be okay for a couple of hours. After a dairy milk AND a pack of crisps you'll probably fancy something else again in an hour or less.

Another great tip I find is to up water levels. It really helps me feel fuller for longer or at least reduces my likelihood to snack. 
  • Plan meals, stop mindless eating, move more
  • Dazzler21 said:
    The price of nuts compared to say chocolate and crisps is a joke. 
    This is one of the problems... Nuts are filling over a longer time than chocolate or crisps, however they seem worse value as you can get a 500g bag of nuts for what £4 - £5 or you can get a bar of chocolate and a packet of crisps for around £1-£1.50. 

You eat a portion of nuts, you'll probably be okay for a couple of hours. After a dairy milk AND a pack of crisps you'll probably fancy something else again in an hour or less.

Another great tip I find is to up water levels. It really helps me feel fuller for longer or at least reduces my likelihood to snack. 
    With all the offers in supermarkets u can get a pack of 4 or 5 chocolate bars for a £1. Hardly ever any offers on nuts or maybe i always miss them
  • Slimming World plan is pretty good. You couldn't pay me to attend the group but the missus does it and it seems to work for her.

They got stick a few years back for supposedly "vilifying" people for eating "bad foods" by using syns to label certain foods and produces. They actually don't, you can eat pretty much anything, you just have a certain number of syns and certain foods have a certain syn level. Meh, I feel a little silly typing that but it's okay, I don't religiously stick to it but it does work to be fair, more for if you are just trying to slim down rather than excessively lose wait imo.

They have some good recipes. So does Pinch of Nom which is sold in most ASDAs and also a healthy comfort eating cookbook.

• Salad said:

Great journalism in that article.   Salt is popular with Fish and Chips......well no shit, Sherlock! 
  • I eat a handful of cashew nuts every morning - doesn't work out that expensive. They are pretty filling.
  • Omelette for breakfast (chicken, cheese, mushrooms). 
    Soup for lunch. 
    Chicken or mince cooked up with heaps of veggies for dinner. Served with grated, fried cauliflower (cauliflower rice). 
    For snack: Wasabi peas and 70% dark chocolate. 
    Drink lots of water. 
    Exercise: Sprint as fast as you can up a hill for 30 secs x 4.

• Strong unforgiving sugarless black coffee.
    I have it and nothing but 1 banana through the day untill 5pm.
    Then its a mosh until bed intervene. 
    Works for me...
  • edited April 2019
    I've lost 8 kilos in 6 weeks since I took out about 80% of my gluten. Did not change anything else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Strong unforgiving sugarless black coffee.
    Works for me...
    Oh yes, super strong black coffee. Love it. Still can't get my head around why anyone would spoil coffee by adding milk and sugar. 
  • Danepak said:
    Strong unforgiving sugarless black coffee.
    Works for me...
    Oh yes, super strong black coffee. Love it. Still can't get my head around why anyone would spoil coffee by adding milk and sugar. 
    New to coffee, went straight in on Black Bitter Coffee... Horrible at first, however now tolerable and certainly does have the appetite suppressing qualities it's known for... It's also great for keeping all things moving in the bowels.
  • Seafood diet
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Danepak said:
    Strong unforgiving sugarless black coffee.
    Works for me...
    New to coffee, went straight in on Black Bitter Coffee... Horrible at first, however now tolerable and certainly does have the appetite suppressing qualities it's known for... It's also great for keeping all things moving in the bowels.
    I love the bitterness of very strong black coffee.