Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

April fools

Fortunately there is a separate politics thread where it virtually anything could be an April Fools or government policy.

Restricting ourselves to the best efforts outside of political current affairs, anyone have any links to something that did, or nearly fooled you? 

Comments

• Pull yourself together Neil 
  • April Fools jokes are not worth putting on here as it seems the membership has had a sense of humour bypass...
     "Stupid"
    "Odd behaviour"
    "#flag"

What a shame people can't enter in to the spirit of a good old tradition anymore.

• Fortunately there is a separate politics thread where it virtually anything could be an April Fools or gobernment policy.

Restricting ourselves to the best efforts outside of political current affairs, anyone have any links to something that did, or nearly fooled you? 
    I almost thought there was a P in April on the title of this thread. 
  • It's been cancelled this year fellas.

• I don't really bother with it might but it's such a shame I see the "April Fools perhaps?"/I'm too clever to have been fooled type comments everywhere now.

Why do people have to try and prove they area so big and clever nowadays?  Whatever happened to playing along with a joke?
    Maybe because it's all a bit pointless and not that funny. AF is ok if you are of school age.....once you become an adult I think you should grow up & get on with your day.
  • That's fine Golfie, but why ruin it for people who do find it funny?  It's harmless even of you find it boring.
  • Fortunately there is a separate politics thread where it virtually anything could be an April Fools or gobernment policy.

I almost thought there was a P in April on the title of this thread. 

No, the P is silent, as in bath.
  • The time Rangers were swapping league places with Charlton

Greenwich council saying Charlton had to change their badge.

Making Katrien CEO
  • I don't really bother with it might but it's such a shame I see the "April Fools perhaps?"/I'm too clever to have been fooled type comments everywhere now.

Why do people have to try and prove they area so big and clever nowadays?  Whatever happened to playing along with a joke?
    Maybe because it's all a bit pointless and not that funny. AF is ok if you are of school age.....once you become an adult I think you should grow up & get on with your day.
    Classic Golfie.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2019
    Remember a great one that the senior management did at Tulletts when I was there about 25 years ago. A very official looking memo came round to all staff (long before email) which said that the company had outgrown the current premises in terms of number of staff and there were not enough toilets in the building to meet the demand. It said that staff whose surnames began A-M would be known as No.1's and N-Z the No.2's. No.1's could only go to the loo between 7-9am, 1pm-3pm and No.2's 9-1pm and 3-5pm. If you had to go outside these hours you had to call personnel (not HR!) and say you were a No.1 but needed to go during No.2's slot etc. It was very funny and caused a lot of shouting and indignation amongst many staff before the penny dropped. 
     If something like that would be done today the perpetrator would probably be sacked for stressing out people with IBS or the like! 

• April fools day - fucking annoying and not funny 
  • Riviera said:
    I don't really bother with it might but it's such a shame I see the "April Fools perhaps?"/I'm too clever to have been fooled type comments everywhere now.

Indeed. @Chizz, @paulie8290 and @Addickted2TheReds please note. 
    Two of the biggest drips on the internet, wouldn't let it bother you.
    Exactly, unfair to put Paulie in with those two really...
  • Stig said:

The third one is by far the greatest football badge to have ever graced the game.  It's a work of art!
  • edited April 2019
    I like April Fools Day. But unfortunately it's become victim to it's success as we've all become too knowing.
    Apart from personal tricks my favourites are the classic Panorama spaghetti farming one and the Guardian's one about the island of San Serif.
  • Riviera said:
    Remember a great one that the senior management did at Tulletts when I was there about 25 years ago. A very official looking memo came round to all staff (long before email) which said that the company had outgrown the current premises in terms of number of staff and there were not enough toilets in the building to meet the demand. It said that staff whose surnames began A-M would be known as No.1's and N-Z the No.2's. No.1's could only go to the loo between 7-9am, 1pm-3pm and No.2's 9-1pm and 3-5pm. If you had to go outside these hours you had to call personnel (not HR!) and say you were a No.1 but needed to go during No.2's slot etc. It was very funny and caused a lot of shouting and indignation amongst many staff before the penny dropped. 
     If something like that would be done today the perpetrator would probably be sacked for stressing out people with IBS or the like! 

Haha I did my work experience at Tullets about 25 years ago! 
  • Can't believe people haven't noticed Neil's taking the P in the thread title.
  • Sponsored links:

• The best prank I pulled was I left a message on a colleagues desk to say that someone had phoned, that it was urgent and they should phone back immediately and ask for the BDI department. The number, of course, was for Moorfields eye hospital 
  • iainment said:
    I like April Fools Day. But unfortunately it's become victim to it's success as we've all become too knowing.
    Apart from personal tricks my favourites are the classic Panorama spaghetti farming one and the Guardian's one about the island of San Serif.
    San Serif was quality by The Grauniad, as was their one of Britain being able to control the weather, the very wet March we'd just had was because of a trial run of the technology, and we'd win the Cold War by threatening Russia with ruined harvests, etc.  They got the advertiser to go along with it, so BMW promoted their convertible you could drive in the rain without getting wet.
  • _MrDick said:
    The best prank I pulled was I left a message on a colleagues desk to say that someone had phoned, that it was urgent and they should phone back immediately and ask for the BDI department. The number, of course, was for Moorfields eye hospital 
    Similar old one to this.
    Message left for the estimator to call a Mr C. Lyons about a big job - phone number was for London Zoo
  • Just heard “friend of Roland” Jim White peddling a fairly non-amusing jape about Wickes range of glass hammers on the wireless but it was long gone 12pm, if I remember from secondary school that was the deadline for April 1st fun and if you tried one after that you got bundled or thrown in a hedge? Is that right?
  • Riviera said:
    I don't really bother with it might but it's such a shame I see the "April Fools perhaps?"/I'm too clever to have been fooled type comments everywhere now.

Indeed. @Chizz, @paulie8290 and @Addickted2TheReds please note. 
    Didn't realise it was April Fools! Sorry!
  • Fumbluff said:
    Just heard “friend of Roland” Jim White peddling a fairly non-amusing jape about Wickes range of glass hammers on the wireless but it was long gone 12pm, if I remember from secondary school that was the deadline for April 1st fun and if you tried one after that you got bundled or thrown in a hedge? Is that right?
    Correct.
  • The McPickle