Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Squad (v Republic of Ireland/Belgium/Iceland from p29)

Comments

• Again I don't understand why Bettinelli and McCarthy are there, why do we need 4 keepers and are either good enough?

Also strange when you consider that Bettinelli was conceding a lot of goals and has been dropped to the bench ever since he let in 4 at Cardiff.
  • Don't know why but watching the players arrive is strangely fascinating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAJD_rUOAuc
  • Named at 2, will put on here as soon as I see it
  • The squad

Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ross Barkley (Chelsea), Jack Butland (Stoke City), Ben Chilwell (Leicester City), Dele (Tottenham Hotspur), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Jordan Henderson(Liverpool), Tom Heaton (Burnley), Harry Kane(Tottenham Hotspur), Michael Keane(Everton), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Leicester City), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Marcus Rashford(Manchester United), Declan Rice (West Ham United), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling(Manchester City), John Stones (Manchester City), James Tarkowski (Burnley), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham Hotspur), Kyle Walker(Manchester City), Callum Wilson (AFC Bournemouth)

• Rice called up
    Heaton back
    Sancho included
  • How is Delph still getting called up 
  • I love the alphabet.

Could happily spend hours sorting things into alphabetical order but seriously, why do England list the squad like that. Nobody wants to read a team like that.

• edited March 2019

• Bit predictable to be honest but in Southgate I trust

Midfield is a bit of a concern at the moment; is Dele Alli fit again? - I thought he was still injured
  • Sponsored links:

• Fucking ERIC DIER ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why not give that spot to Ward-Prowse or literally anybody else.
  • Of the holding midfielders, Rice has a very good case for playing
  • Fucking ERIC DIER ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why not give that spot to Ward-Prowse or literally anybody else.
    Especially as we've picked Rice | Henderson | Delph who can all sit in front of the Defence as well as Dier
  • Of the holding midfielders, Rice has a very good case for playing
    He's the best general central midfielder there
  • edited March 2019
    In an ideal world from that Squad I'd be playing 4-3-3 with

Pickford
    Walker | Stones | Maguire | Shaw
    Alli | Rice | Barkley
    Sterling | Kane | Rashford

As mentioned though, is Alli fit enough for selection yet so do you play Henderson in his place?
  • In an ideal world from that Squad I'd be playing 4-3-3 with

Pickford
    Alli | Rice | Barkley

As mentioned though, is Alli fit enough for selection yet so do you play Henderson in his place?
    Yeah no need for two holding mids in these qualifiers. Id swap Sancho for Rashford and probably have TAA & Chilwell as full backs.
  • Pickford has been poor lately. Probably still our best pick but not as confident in him as a year ago.
  • edited March 2019
    In an ideal world from that Squad I'd be playing 4-3-3 with

Pickford
    Alli | Rice | Barkley

Yeah no need for two holding mids in these qualifiers. Id swap Sancho for Rashford and probably have TAA & Chilwell as full backs.
    I'm more impressed with Rashford as a Man Utd player than an England one

But on his recent form I'd say he deserves to start

Pickford has been poor lately. Probably still our best pick but not as confident in him as a year ago.
    I've always been a fan of Butland but surprised he's being picked with the likes of Alex McCarthy or Angus Gunn in the Premier League for Southampton

• WTF he has played more games than F***ing Delph and yet u picked him

Pickford
    Alli | Rice | Barkley

It has to be said that we have a quality front 3. All in the last 8 of the CL as well
  • Sponsored links:

Pickford
    Alli | Rice | Barkley

I'm more impressed with Rashford as a Man Utd player than an England one

But on his recent form I'd say he deserves to start

Pickford has been poor lately. Probably still our best pick but not as confident in him as a year ago.
    I've always been a fan of Butland but surprised he's being picked with the likes of Alex McCarthy or Angus Gunn in the Premier League for Southampton
    Hopefully Angus will finally accept that he is Scottish! Could be Scotland’s no1 for the next 10+ years 
  • Ward-Prowse has played every minute of Southamptons 11 league games since the end of December

He also played the full 90 in both FA Cup games and the full 30 minutes extra time.

• Ward-Prowse has played every minute of Southamptons 11 league games since the end of December

He also played the full 90 in both FA Cup games and the full 30 minutes extra time.

In the same time period Loftus-Cheek has played in 7 games (averaging 20 minutes a game) and Delph has played 10 minutes of 1 game.
  • Pathetic excuse with no substance behind why he wasn’t included. There are a few players in the team who aren’t playing or playing regularly, it’s a shame but overall a decent team still, especially up top.

Its a proper duff excuse when you take into account that Eric Dier has only actually played 90 mins 13 times this season in all competitions.
  • Makes you wonder why no Harry Winks or James Maddison who have been impressive themselves

Would certainly select those two ahead of Dier and Loftus-Cheek
  • Makes you wonder why no Harry Winks or James Maddison who have been impressive themselves

Would certainly select those two ahead of Dier and Loftus-Cheek
    Winks has been nursing a groin injury for the last two months.
    Southgate is quoted as saying Winks would have been in the squad had it not been for injury, same applies to Lingard too.
  • edited March 2019
    James Ward-Prowse has been called up to the England Squad

Fabien Delph | John Stones | Ruben Loftus-Cheek have withdrawn through injury

So who starts with Maguire in the heart of Defence... Keane or Tarkowski?

We really need Gomez back for sure!!
  • James Ward-Prowse has been called up to the England Squad

Fabien Delph | John Stones | Ruben Loftus-Cheek have withdrawn through injury

So who starts with Maguire in the heart of Defence... Keane or Tarkowski?

We really need Gomez back for sure!!
    Yes, the defence looks a bit shakey without Gomez and Stones
  • Who is Tarkowski?..