Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Its Tempting.....

2»

Comments

•  Behave, Its not even winter cold

• Been lashing down for most of the day , and blowing a hooley , as they say.

Man City on the box tonight in the champions league , a nice warm fire and possibly a bowl of popcorn to boot.

Its tempting.....

To go or not to go , that is the question.
    I hope you did stay at home after at all & saw Man City score 7 as we were dreadful

It was freezing at the Valley this evening and watching the game was painful.
  • happy For a Stewards Enquiry to be lodged on the above!
  • Watched 40 minutes (missed the first five) and left at half time, Ive missed the place and what shift put in by Cullen!

• Much rather stand in freezing cold at The Valley watching my team play then sat at home watching a random team on tv.

Also tonight was the last game at home under the lights so no way was I missing it
  • Already looking forward to March 30th
  • stevec said:
    I would go any chance I but I live in France. No chance. So if you can GO
    But it finished half an hour ago

😉
  • edited March 2019
    I think the Bowl of popcorn, fire, and goalsfest might have been the better option!
    That was bleeding freezing last night, and although another 2-1 win, nothing like the intensity of Saturday, but still 3 points.

The kicker for me was walking back down our street on the way home, it was so cold, I had to pull the hood on my coat right over my head, and hold it down because it was so windy, the end result is I walked head first into a neighbours tree trunk that was overhanging.

Nearly knocked myself out, and couldn’t walk straight, went to bed with a spilitting headache, waiting for the inevitable mole hill to surface on my bonce today.

All in the love of watching charlton rip Burton 2-1.
  • edited March 2019
    I was freezing walking back up the hill. 
    Legs were numb. 

Think the boycotters can finally claim a victory In my opinion. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Think the boycotters can finally claim a victory In my opinion. 
    A lot of warm weather boycotters last night.

well done @Mendonca In Asdas

• I think the Bowl of popcorn, fire, and goalsfest might have been the better option!
    That was bleeding freezing last night, and although another 2-1 win, nothing like the intensity of Saturday, but still 3 points.

The kicker for me was walking back down our street on the way home, it was so cold, I had to pull the hood on my coat right over my head, and hold it down because it was so windy, the end result is I walked head first into a neighbours tree trunk that was overhanging.

Nearly knocked myself out, and couldn’t walk straight, went to bed with a spilitting headache, waiting for the inevitable mole hill to surface on my bonce today.

It's sort of karma mate, for having doubts about going in the first place! Hope the bump isn't too noticeable!
  • edited March 2019
    I think the Bowl of popcorn, fire, and goalsfest might have been the better option!

Let's hope the Millwall fans aren't reading this :-)
  • T_C_E said:

Think the boycotters can finally claim a victory In my opinion. 
    A lot of warm weather boycotters last night.

well done @Mendonca In Asdas

On the flip side, I haven't seen a full game since PC Palmer memorial game. Having been in The Valley since 5.30 and standing outside rattling a bucket from 6.00, I loved every minute of it. Admittedly a lot of fans only spoke to me because Bailey was there, but watching the fans arriving for the build up of a night game, the lights on etc. Speaking staff I hadn't spoke to for years, fans that I'd never met and although I was sat in the west stand I took my seat and just gazed around the place almost forgetting the game was on, she was looking beautiful and I'd missed her. Watching games on the tv is not the same and never will be and there's not many Charlton games I have missed since coverage started but I wouldn't have swop last night for anything because it proved to me that I will be back when he's gone despite saying different, but just keeping myself involved through the trust and the likes of Tracey Leaburn with the cycle ride has kept the love simmering for all things Charlton Athletic. "Cold, what cold" 😜
    Awwwww I’d have loved to have a cuddle with Bailey. 
    Glad you enjoyed it xx