Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Its Tempting.....

Been lashing down for most of the day , and blowing a hooley , as they say.

Man City on the box tonight in the champions league , a nice warm fire and possibly a bowl of popcorn to boot.

Its tempting.....

To go or not to go , that is the question.

Comments

• edited March 2019
    Pretty much stopped raining in Bromley and only light rain forecast, but stopping well before KO.
    Leaving in half hour.
    Mind you I'd still go if it was coming down sidewards.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/se7
  • edited March 2019
    Got a feeling , really hope i'm wrong that this could after the Lord Mayors show display , after the Pompey match (are the players going to be up for it?) with a thread reignited and resurrected, discussing why Darren Pratley's in the starting eleven!
  • Been lashing down for most of the day , and blowing a hooley , as they say.

Man City on the box tonight in the champions league , a nice warm fire and possibly a bowl of popcorn to boot.

Its tempting.....

You'll be there!
  • Got a feeling , really hope i'm wrong that this could after the Lord Mayors show display , after the Pompey match (are the players going to be up for it?) with a thread reignited and resurrected, discussing why Darren Pratley's in the starting eleven!
    You're probably right, the boys may struggle tonight, so best not turn up and support them.
  • Got a feeling , really hope i'm wrong that this could after the Lord Mayors show display , after the Pompey match (are the players going to be up for it?) with a thread reignited and resurrected, discussing why Darren Pratley's in the starting eleven!

Actually mate, I think you have a point there. Won't be the same team for sure and seen too many games over the years where we don't turn up twice in a row.
  • Real fans are boycotting, stay home. ;o)
  • I am going. Although it would be tempting to stay at home in the warm. Could be my last game of the season due to a hip replacement operation on Thursday. I have a season ticket.
  • I have a ticket but also have jet lag. I think I can get there but if anyone thinks I'm doing a sit-in protest at the end of the game, it will only be because I've fallen asleep!
  • Brightening up nicely in Charlton now. The winds dropped and it's not raining.
  • Sponsored links:

• I missed Portsmouth as I didn't feel well enough for a 70 mile round trip but going tonight bad weather or not.
  • On my way.
    Be there about 5.30.
    And I fully expect a thrilling match with Charlton taking all three points 
  • Roland wants you to stay at home ergo you must attend

That goes for all of you

Hardcore people go to games like tonight ;-)
  • Youngest son Joe on his way with a couple of workmates, his first home game for many moons.
  • I must admit it is tempting to stay in and watch the Brexit debate...
  • Mixing with the high and mighty, west stand parking for the dog van. Got Bailey out to stretch his legs he saw a cat walking through the car park and let rip. Stewards running in all directions and a cat heading down the a2 😂
  • T_C_E said:
    Mixing with the high and mighty, west stand parking for the dog van. Got Bailey out to stretch his legs he saw a cat walking through the car park and let rip. Stewards running in all directions and a cat heading down the a2 😂
    I hope the smell has dissipated by 7:45
  • Rudders22 said:
    I am going. Although it would be tempting to stay at home in the warm. Could be my last game of the season due to a hip replacement operation on Thursday. I have a season ticket.
    Expect a DM from Henry. 
    Good luck with the op. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    I am going. Although it would be tempting to stay at home in the warm. Could be my last game of the season due to a hip replacement operation on Thursday. I have a season ticket.
    Good luck with the op. Don't let the Charlton medical team get involved though, as you'll probably then miss next season as well
  • Sponsored links:

• leaving home in 30mins! COYRS!
  • Blimey, I get the principled #napm stuff, but because its cold and a bit wet? Behave, Its not even winter cold and I don't think its raining any more!

Not exactly the same as standing out in an open terrace.

Permission to swerve game? REJECTED

That’s what’s happens to you, when you get over 40, before you know it, brown is your new favourite colour!
  • I must admit it is tempting to stay in and watch the Brexit debate...
    That’s enough of a reason to leave the house!
  • Blimey, I get the principled #napm stuff, but because its cold and a bit wet? Behave, Its not even winter cold and I don't think its raining any more!

That’s what’s happens to you, when you get over 40, before you know it, brown is your new favourite colour!
    Come off it. 90% of our fans are over 40
    😭

Come off it. 90% of our fans are over 40
    😭
    Lot of pressure on us in the 10% bracket to keep flying the flag
  • On my way
  • Rudders22 said:
    Expect a DM from Henry. 
    Good luck with the op. 
    Thanks mate
  • Rudders22 said:
    Good luck with the op. Don't let the Charlton medical team get involved though, as you'll probably then miss next season as well
    Thanks mate. Will double check first. 
  • I would go any chance I but I live in France. No chance. So if you can GO
  • Been lashing down for most of the day , and blowing a hooley , as they say.

Its tempting.....

I hope you did stay at home after at all & saw Man City score 7 as we were dreadful