Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chelsea Transfer Ban

Sarri isn't their only problem! Couldn't happen to a nicer club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47329293

Comments

• They'll just have to use a few of those several hundred players they loan out every year - probably wont make much difference given their current form
  • Bet they're hoping that Hudson-Odoi signs a new Contract now
  • They'll just have to use a few of those several hundred players they loan out every year - probably wont make much difference given their current form
    Just watch their unofficial feeder clubs like Vitesse Arnhem make huge signings now and then end up at Chelsea on loan or something as soon as the ban finishes.
  • Biggest thing for me is what it means for the players they currently have, as above Hudson-Odoi is more important now but also will this be the final straw for Hazard?
  • Morata is currently out on loan for 18 months and I bet there isn't a recall clause, and Higuain is only on loan until the end of the season, so there is the chance that Tammy Abraham may be their only striker next season. Hopefully Hazard will be tempted in the summer by Real Madrid and be sold.

However, we all know that they'll appeal and it will be overturned, or they'll have it delayed so that they can sign players this summer.

• cfgs said:
    Biggest thing for me is what it means for the players they currently have, as above Hudson-Odoi is more important now but also will this be the final straw for Hazard?
    I know they've Pulisic arriving in the summer but they'd be crazy to let Hazard go until 2021 now
  • cfgs said:
    Biggest thing for me is what it means for the players they currently have, as above Hudson-Odoi is more important now but also will this be the final straw for Hazard?
    Hazard said a few weeks ago that he had already made up his mind as to whether he was going to sign a new contract - I wouldn't bet on him staying.

They also have other players who have possibly just one more big move in them. Are they going to hang around or make that move now?
  • They'll wriggle out of it or find a way round it as usual. 
  • edited February 2019
    Again! Banned in 2011
  • The FA are appealing against it presumably because they are concerned that other Clubs will get caught up in this - and that in turn will harm the status of the PL and ultimately TV revenue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Liverpool have been banned for this before. So have a few other big clubs. They knew exactly what they were doing and that it was wrong.

Glad FIFA takes this sort of thing on, the FA never would. Hate the fact that they are appealing instead of changing.
  • The FA are appealing against it presumably because they are concerned that other Clubs will get caught up in this - and that in turn will harm the status of the PL and ultimately TV revenue.
    Are they appealing Chelsea’s ban or their own fine?
  • About time but I bet they are not the only club at it. 
  • About time but I bet they are not the only club at it. 

Yes - Celtic are the worst ;-)
    FFS!!... Need to get their heads out the arses of the Premier League and SKY - Should be more worried about the fact that another club are damaging the reputation of English Football by bending the transfer rules to suit them!!
  • Didn't Barcelona sign Suarez and Neymar when they were under a FIFA set transfer embargo?
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Didn't Barcelona sign Suarez and Neymar when they were under a FIFA set transfer embargo?
    Had theirs put back a year on appeal according to bbc

However, a Barcelona appeal saw their punishment pushed back a year, allowing the club to sign Luis Suarez, Ivan Rakitic, Jeremy Mathieu, Claudio Bravo and Marc-Andre ter Stegen.”
  • Even on their ban, Barca signed Arda Turan and just loaned him out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Could be the final nail for Sarri, seeing as the claim is he needs two windows to get the players in that can play to his system. Not that he has much chance of lasting the season anyway.
  • Kap10 said:
    Could be the final nail for Sarri, seeing as the claim is he needs two windows to get the players in that can play to his system. Not that he has much chance of lasting the season anyway.
    Who are they going to tempt to join in place of him though? Zidane will want his own signings I would expect. Wenger? Lampard? 
  • Under-18s can only be transferred abroad if:

• The player's parents move to the country in which the new club is located for non-footballing reasons.
    I assume this requirement was met when Jeremy Sarmiento moved to Benfica ?
  • Dizzle said:
    Kap10 said:
    Could be the final nail for Sarri, seeing as the claim is he needs two windows to get the players in that can play to his system. Not that he has much chance of lasting the season anyway.
    Who are they going to tempt to join in place of him though? Zidane will want his own signings I would expect. Wenger? Lampard? 
    Robinson.
  • Hex said:

Under-18s can only be transferred abroad if:

• The player's parents move to the country in which the new club is located for non-footballing reasons.
    I assume this requirement was met when Jeremy Sarmiento moved to Benfica ?
    Such a wishy washy rule. Clubs will just give handouts to the parents to pretend they are moving to that country anyway.
  • Who did they poach from us other than Palmer?  What goes around, comes around.
  • Finally getting what they deserve! I hope it is upheld and they don't just sweep it under the rug