Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Four legends for dinner at yours?

A fanatical Aberdeen supporting mate of mine was recently at a Dons Legends dinner at Pittodrie. After all the main prizes and fund-raising, Willie Miller threw in the idea that he, Jim Leighton, Neil Simpson and Johnnie Hewitt (four proper legends) would come around for dinner to a supporters home as a last prize and my mate won it. Last night he, his Wife, Dad and Nephew had dinner in his house with Miller, Leighton, Simpson and Hewitt. They brought drinks as well as their medals and other honours and stayed until 2am reminiscing. A fantastic night which makes me think, who would our dream four be for the same thing? I will go with Killer, Paddy Powell, Mark Kinsella and Clive Mendonca.

Comments

• Great question 
  • Clive
    Yann
    Jacko
    Lyle
  • edited February 2019
    Killer
    Yann
    Di Canio
    Mendonca

not an easy question!

got to add a 5th in case one can’t make it - Lee Bowyer
  • Curbs
    Powell
    Jackson
    Solly
  • edited February 2019
    Mendonca, Curbishley, Firmani, Peacock .. room for a fifth ? .. Chris Powell
  • Foley
    Powell
    Peacock
    Firmani
  • Peacock

Hales

Curbishley

Powell (Chris)

Covers pretty much all my time of supporting the Club. At least until Douche Bag got his feet properly under the table and sacked Powell anyway.
  • I think that to reminisce properly they would have to know each other... but

Curbs
    Lawrence
    Powell
    Bowyer

• Yann
    SCP
    Jacko
    Robinson (of the John variety)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2019
    Scotty Kingsley, Sam Bartram, Norman Smith, Moskey Mills.

Already had a dinner with @SoundAsa£ and Eddie Firmani, two legends
  • Killer
    Super Clive 
    Curbs 
    Matt Tees 
  • Eddie Firmani, Alan Simmonsen, Charlie Wright & Alan Curbishley 
  • Killer
    Jorge Costa
    Shirtfliff
    Yann
  • Real  answer:

Hunt
    Yann
    Brown
    Curbs
  • Alexi Smertin
    Anthony Barness
    Jason Lee
    Chris...Bart Williams.
  • edited February 2019
    Blimey, what a terrific prize for your mate @Cardinal Sin

Also nice that it clearly meant something to the players too for them to stay until 2 in the morning. 

Reminds me of our league one winning season under Powell. Players and fans had a great bond as the season went along. Bumping into players in hotel lobbies after away games, always happy to stop for a drink, have a long chat etc. 

As for four legends: Jacko, Keith Peacock, Chris Powell and John Robinson
  • Sir Chris
    John Robinson
    Peter Garland
    Di Canio 
  • Steve Jones
    Keith Jones 
    Colin Walsh
    Eddie Youds 
  • Sponsored links:

• Kim grant
    lee bowyer
    carl leaburn
    peter garland
    The loanee who scored against the Millwall at Upton Park who’s name escapes me . Hendrie?

• Katrien and Roly for me.... Spit getting ready. 
  • Danny Murphy, Carlton Cole, Marcus Bent, Scott Parker then piss in the gravy. 
  • Lennie, Curbs, Killer and Yann.
  • Whoa, whoa, whoa, are you asking me to cook so that four overpaid footballers can come round and ponce a free meal off of me while showing off how much better at football they are than me by taunting me with medals. They can bugger off. No-one gets into my inner sanctum that easily. 
  • Can’t have Peter Garland. I’d have to cook too much food. 

SCP
    Yann
    Douchebag
    JJ

i would love to haveDouchebag for dinner with those 3 to have a genuine off the record discussion.  I’d have a special desert just for Roland. 
  • Andy Todd, table for one. 
  • Kim grant
    lee bowyer
    carl leaburn
    peter garland
    The loanee who scored against the Millwall at Upton Park who’s name escapes me . Hendrie?

I’d also request six guests so I could invite Paul Rogers and stern John.
  • edited February 2019
    Kim grant
    lee bowyer
    carl leaburn
    peter garland

Yes, John Hendry IIRC on loan from Spurs.