Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Come back CARD

Another season derailed by Roland, Bowyer and Jackson out of contract in a few months, most of the squad free to leave with them, and still no budging on a stupid asking price as the future of the club slides into more danger.

CARD, the B20 and other groups were crucial in persuading Roland to put us up for sale, but after a year of nonsense negotiations surely now is the time to re-exert some pressure and hurry along this desperately needed change.

With the rat over in Belgium, no CEO to vent our anger at in the West Stand, and an obvious desire not to over-disrupt a promotion push, it may not be easy knowing how to protest at the moment, but we know Roland is affected by fan action so you have to feel it's time to go again...

Comments

• I'm really pleased we're not bringing in another striker, at least it will save Roland a few quid , heck why do even need strikers at all!
  • Not sure why we need two goalies either. You can’t play both in a match. Gonna give RD a call. Save him some more pennies.
  • I still have a banner and if enough people are intetested and have their own(or you have 5 days to make something) I would like to join with @Hertsseasider and for us and Blackpool fans to do another walk to the ground then a joint protest.

Who would be interested and @Hertsseasider is this something we could do with your fans
  • I still have a banner and if enough people are intetested and have their own(or you have 5 days to make something) I would like to join with @Hertsseasider and for us and Blackpool fans to do another walk to the ground then a joint protest.

Who would be interested and @Hertsseasider is this something we could do with your fans
    about 50 or so of mine that i made for CARD are floating about too 

There may be a few more after recent events.  

If anyone interested let me know
  • Next major protest to be fronted by Jim White, in St Truiden, disrupting Roland's lunch.

And all live on TalkSport ... after the break ...
  • Mrkinski said:
    Not sure why we need two goalies either. You can’t play both in a match. Gonna give RD a call. Save him some more pennies.
    Well, you can, but only one can wear gloves and a different coloured jersey, the other one can play outfield. Even if you setup with the genius Karel Fraye formation of only eleven on at a time, this works.
  • Sponsored links:

• In all honesty, we (not CARD specifically) have not kept the protests up, and the consensus amongst most our own fans is that what's happening on the pitch takes precedent over what happens off it.

That attitude is dangerous because for protests to be truly effective you need the broader footballing community and media's sympathy. We're not going to get that, or the coverage we need, if there is a belief that we're throwing our toys out of the pram after 3 games without a win.

My view is let's be patient and see what happens this summer. Having only 6 or 7 contracted players and a management team out of contract, Roland has a several big decisions to make. A Billionaire trying to ruin a football club during the summer break whilst Man City aren't beating Chelsea in 6-0 is going to get far more column inches than a league one club not trying to sign a striker on a free.
  • Maybe we misunderstood Roland's plan to get us out of League 1. He didn't say in which direction.
  • Been done to death - and will never happen - but a complete boycott of one home game would get more publicity than throwing some crisp packets onto the pitch will ever do.

Agreed it would do but would it help hasten a sale? We're all frustrated but I don't see what a one off boycott at The Valley will do to speed up the sale of the club.
  • Thing is some detest CARD, they claim they are detrimental to our on field performances and that CARD is simply a bunch of egos. Maybe others could do their own thing, it could start off small and grow. Don't leave everything to others.

I would say I personally think CARD are all legends but I won't as their egos are already bloated.  ;)
  • To be honest it is clear that the protests had very little impact.

We all found out what Roland's real remit was when Meire famously mentioned in her Dublin speech that amongst other tripe 'fans would get the opportunity to see premier League stars of the future.'

That was nearly 4 years ago.
    Karlan Grant left for premier League Huddersfield less than two weeks ago!

He's still well and truly pulling our pants down.
    Agree with this .The more weanniy him the more he annoys us .
  • redbuttle said:
    To be honest it is clear that the protests had very little impact.

We all found out what Roland's real remit was when Meire famously mentioned in her Dublin speech that amongst other tripe 'fans would get the opportunity to see premier League stars of the future.'

That was nearly 4 years ago.
    Karlan Grant left for premier League Huddersfield less than two weeks ago!

He's still well and truly pulling our pants down.
    Agree with this .The more weanniy him the more he annoys us .
    Sorry meant to say the more we annoy him the more he annoys us. 
  • The fact that he stopped us signing a replacement striker shows his contempt for the supporters. He is not interested in promotion just get as much out of the club before selling. We are in a perilous situation because of all the contracts expiring in the summer. If there is no sale we will be signing lesser players than we have now and I think we will be relegated. So it’s time for another protest IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• a complete boycott of all home games starting next season will be my protest - enough is enough
  • JamesSeed said:
    Been done to death - and will never happen - but a complete boycott of one home game would get more publicity than throwing some crisp packets onto the pitch will ever do.

Slightly disingenuous to only mention the crisps. The pigs got global publicity.

And @carly burn without the protests would Roland even be selling the club? Would Meire have left? I doubt it. 
    More than likely.
    Remember. The club has not been sold. And by the looks of things he's only really dipped his toe in the water. Certainly not showing signs of someone that is desperately trying to get shot due to fan pressure.

Meire did not run away. She got a better offer.
  • TARGET RICHARD MURRAY.

Make him want to quit. Forget Roland for a moment.

A full on protest to get this traitor out of our club and gone for good.

It will send the message across!

He is the reason the Belgian owned Charlton in the 1st place.

It is time to do what we are reluctant to do.

Have a Richard Murrary out protest and do not stop until he f*cks off.

He needs to be forced out and publicly embaressed.

It is either us or him. The club is much more important then his employment status of non executive director.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Been done to death - and will never happen - but a complete boycott of one home game would get more publicity than throwing some crisp packets onto the pitch will ever do.

Slightly disingenuous to only mention the crisps. The pigs got global publicity.

And @carly burn without the protests would Roland even be selling the club? Would Meire have left? I doubt it. 
    More than likely.
    Remember. The club has not been sold. And by the looks of things he's only really dipped his toe in the water. Certainly not showing signs of someone that is desperately trying to get shot due to fan pressure.

Meire did not run away. She got a better offer.
    Maybe he’s showing signs of someone wanting to get rid without making it look like fans made him do it? Hard to know with him. Normal rules don’t apply. 

With KM I suspect she was looking for an out, and applied for the job at Wednesday. 
  • Roland is only interested in money. 

Stop giving him your money. 

10000 protestor every week by the sounds of it. Another 6000 to go.

And before you say it's to the detriment of the team I've got 5 years of evidence that says it's not the stay away fans causing it. 
  • Daddy_Pig said:
    Roland is only interested in money. 

And before you say it's to the detriment of the team I've got 5 years of evidence that says it's not the stay away fans causing it. 

Bang on Mr Pig. The fact that (insert average attendance here) turn up each week, buy a programme, a pint, a pie, means money to the club. Stop and the income dries up and he'll soon change his mind. It's tough not going, bloody tough, but it works. 
  • Daddy_Pig said:

Honestly how much would that cost him.

1 or 2 player sales and he doesnt care about tickets.

He just got 1.5M for Grant so i doubt the lack of ticket money will bother him and if it does he will just sell someone else in the summer or give our manager less wage budget.

Not for one second blaming the boycotters for not getting a striker haha, just saying if he loses ticket money he will make up for it by any other means
  • edited February 2019
    Daddy_Pig said:

Bang on Mr Pig. The fact that (insert average attendance here) turn up each week, buy a programme, a pint, a pie, means money to the club. Stop and the income dries up and he'll soon change his mind. It's tough not going, bloody tough, but it works. 
    I thought Oysten was still your owner ?
    When did Oysten say he wanted to sell ?
  • Dave2l said:
    TARGET RICHARD MURRAY.

It is either us or him. The club is much more important then his employment status of non executive director.

So if Richard Murray quits today that means RD will automatically sell up ?

Murray is non executive, which means he isn't paid & has no day to day running of the club.

I can't see how that would help remove RD.

Now Keohane going might make a difference.
  • edited February 2019
    Dave2l said:
    TARGET RICHARD MURRAY.

So if Richard Murray quits today that means RD will automatically sell up ?

Murray is non executive, which means he isn't paid & has no day to day running of the club.

I can't see how that would help remove RD.

Now Keohane going might make a difference.
    What is his (Murray’s) role in your opinion? Is he fulfilling it?