Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Patrick Bauer (**Confirmed Leaving Pg 2**)

Comments

• Johnny Williams proves once & for all that the Welsh can’t sing!!! 😉
  • He's going to be a big miss both on and off the pitch when he leaves us this summer :(
  • He's going to be a big miss both on and off the pitch when he leaves us this summer :(

Yeah think he seems like a real decent chap. I remain naively hopeful that a new owner could come in and get him to sign a new deal on better wages, particularly if we're in and around promotion. But that's probably naive.

Easily one of the best defenders in the division.
  • If a new owner pays BFG "better wages" in league one, they are either so minted we will be the next Man City, so stupid we will be the next Pompey or so bent we will be the next Notts County. I find it highly unlikely its the former knowing our luck.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

If a new owner pays BFG "better wages" in league one, they are either so minted we will be the next Man City, so stupid we will be the next Pompey or so bent we will be the next Notts County. I find it highly unlikely its the former knowing our luck.

I mean who else buys football clubs these days?

I think signing him to a new contract makes good business sense as he has sell on value, so even if, say, we didn't get promoted I'm sure clubs would be in for him, and thus you won't lose him for nothing. He also seems quite settled and happy in London, so you might be able to persuade him on those grounds too.
  • edited January 2019
    Sadly I think Paddy has decided to try his luck elsewhere. I will be amazed if he’s in a Charlton shirt next season regardless of division.
  • Sadly I think Paddy has decided to try his luck elsewhere. I will be amazed if he’s in a Charlton shirt next season regardless of division.

My head knows you're right, but my heart isn't ready to believe it.
  • Just confirmed that he’s leaving
  • Ciao Pat. Always a hero after Wembley- shame the feckless owners couldn’t offer him a bit more cash 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just confirmed that he’s leaving
    Where?
  • Just seen that on twitter. Thanks for the memories Paddy and for your last contribution in a Charlton shirt. Unforgettable.
  • Valley11 said:
    Just confirmed that he’s leaving
    Where?
    On his socials
  • Takeover came too late to save him. Hopefully only by a matter of weeks and not months.
  • Probably need 2/3 centre backs now. Sarr, Lockyer? , ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    Had a feeling he was gonna stay. 

Good luck pat 

at least gallen and bowyer know we have his wages to play with in the budget now. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Probably need 2/3 centre backs now. Sarr, Lockyer? , ?
    Pearce? 
  • Fuck me what a shite few days . 
  • edited June 2019
    Ahh shame, a very solid championship CB, would’ve been a good player to build around.

Both sides losers really, we lose one of our better players. Bauer, despite a wage increase will probably end up somewhere grim like Boro or Blackburn.

Hes been a good servant for club and one we would’ve kept if we weren’t run by such a c***.

• Absolutely gutted. 

Big shoes to fill for someone else and our loss is definitely someone's else's gain. Wish him nothing but the best though, he always put in a shift for us.

Thanks BFG
  • Gutted to see good players go but it isn't a surprise given he'd said he was off at the start of last season. A shame promotion and Bow staying couldn't have convinced him but then you have no idea what we have offered him in comparison to others other than it's probably a hell of a lot less
  • If the finances had been better and the takeover had gone through earlier would we have been able to tempt him to stay for another year or two? Maybe yes but maybe no. We will never know. Best of luck to him.
  • Thanks for everything Pat, and that very special goal which will stay with Charlton fans forever! 
  • A big loss,thought he might stay,new baby,settled in the area.possibly his agent convinced him to move,these people only think about their cuts.
  • What a way to leave though. 
    A moment we will remember forever. 
    Good luck paddy and many thanks for everything.