Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Just got 31 points from last 14 played.

Repeat that we are on 84.

Get 6 points from last 3 games - 90 points.

Average to go up automatically is 88

All hypothetical I know.

At this stage it’s just great to be in the mix.

You never know.....

COYR’s
  • What's that other site with the percentage chance of finishing in each position?
  • We have 17 games remaining.

Of the 17 teams left for us to play, we picked up 36 points against them.

Repeat that form and we finish with 89 points. Would be mightly unlucky not to get promoted with that, but it has happened before and there are a good handful of us this season, it’s not like the usual three teams fighting for two places, there’s five of us who believe we can get top two.

Could mean the top two need 92 points, which would be a tough ask.

However, I really do believe we can do it. All it takes is a run and we are already on one. Win a few more in a row now and suddenly things could really be very, very exciting.
  • @lordromford

Was it you that had a spreadsheet that showed all positions you could finish using a baseball formula?

E number or w number ?
  • Will need more than 90 points to get automatic promotion this year. I reckon at least 92. 94 should do it.
  • MrOneLung said:

@lordromford

Was it you that had a spreadsheet that showed all positions you could finish using a baseball formula?

E number or w number ?

Yeah, it was. I’ll see if I can dig it out. (It’s only fun if we’re in with a shout of the autos, so there’s been little point for the last few years!)
    :angry:
  • Keep the faith,Portsmouth slipping,Sunderland drawing too many games,Luton will have a bad run we have good players still to come back from injury ,that will be like new signings when the games come thick and fast.
  • Sponsored links:

• LB reckons we can win them all so 51 more points that gives us 104, enough to be champions again.
  • edited January 2019
    Ok, so it's possible I may be being a tad over-optimistic...

I mean if everyone else draws 0-0 for the rest of the season we're in with a chance :joy:
  • I did it and ended up with Luton winning the league with us second. But I am idiot.
  • If we can do the equivalent of losing four and winning thirteen of our remaining matches we will go up automatically.
  • Barnsley champs. Playoffs for us, but I was fairly pessimistic.
  • One thing doing it told me - it is worth putting money on Barnsley.
  • Just did our results trying to be realistic and we finished on 89 points. Not sure that will be enough.

• Can't put us ahead of Barnsley, Sunderland & Luton atm, hope i'm wrong
  • 1. Barnsley
    2. Luton
    3. Sunderland
    4. Portsmouth
    5. Charlton

Have it all as being pretty close though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tuesday week is the really big one which I might even be tempted to purchase

Luton v Portsmouth!!!!

The gap between those two and the chasing three of Sunderland | Charlton | Barnsley - Only one of them can win and so reopen a temporary gap, best result will be a draw as that'll suit neither team ...

And perhaps, importantly ..... this fixture plays the game in hand that both Luton and Pompey have on us.

As Forever says, both teams can't win.

• edited January 2019

1. Barnsley
    2. Luton
    3. Sunderland
    4. Portsmouth
    5. Charlton

Have it all as being pretty close though.

Pompey home & away good to me - great record against then. Then (probably) Sunderland in the final................
  • I did it and had us finishing on 90. I think I was being far too optimistic, especially considering we are likely to be without Taylor for 5 games. A lot relies on if we get a decent 3rd striker in, we don't lose Grant and if we can overturn the ban (I doubt we can).
  • Tuesday week is the really big one which I might even be tempted to purchase

Luton v Portsmouth!!!!

The gap between those two and the chasing three of Sunderland | Charlton | Barnsley - Only one of them can win and so reopen a temporary gap, best result will be a draw as that'll suit neither team, its a shame SKY arent showing it as they've no games scheduled that night

I’m going! Sitting in the luton end with a season ticket holder! Chief scout for the night!
  • Hand on heart - top six . If we get to Wembley, who knows? Lovely big pitch, would suit our game. This of course depends on whether we keep our best players and maybe bring in a couple more?
  • pretty much cliché time .. all we can do is to keep on winning .. we still have Donny, Pompey, Posh and Luton to play .. win those, all 'six pointers' and we will be right in the frame for the automatic spots
  • Good to see both Portsmouth and Sunderland won their games in the Micky Mouse cup tonight. Hopefully a nice fixture pile up on the way for the pair of them.
  • I wonder if any of the above "predictions" factored in Taylor's impending suspension.

Might want to rework your figures chaps.....
  • I wonder if any of the above "predictions" factored in Taylor's impending suspension.

Might want to rework your figures chaps.....

This, plus the impending departure of Grant may force me to reconsider my prediction. Let's wait and see where we are after the next three games.