Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Darts

Comments

• Certainly seems to be worse behaviour this year, saw people chucking pints several time - which isn’t on it’s not a festival - also if your in fancy dress it isn’t original or really funny it’s the norm.
  • Certainly seems to be worse behaviour this year, saw people chucking pints several time - which isn’t on it’s not a festival - also if your in fancy dress it isn’t original or really funny it’s the norm.

My Robert is going on Saturday with a bunch of mates and their theme is Toy Story. Roles were drawn out of a hat and Robert is going as the front end of Slinky!
  • bobmunro said:

Certainly seems to be worse behaviour this year, saw people chucking pints several time - which isn’t on it’s not a festival - also if your in fancy dress it isn’t original or really funny it’s the norm.

My Robert is going on Saturday with a bunch of mates and their theme is Toy Story. Roles were drawn out of a hat and Robert is going as the front end of Slinky!
    i think its a laugh didn't bother with fancy dress this year, just some of the costumes are not practical for the stands as they are too big and this year that have started making people sit down we were fortunate as were back row of the stand so could stand and see. only other downside is did see 3 fights kick off - which really isn't what it is about. one of the reasons i stopped attending live boxing matches was crowd behaviour.
  • Clive = Vincent Van Der Voort.
  • I was there Saturday daytime with 9 mates and was my 5th year running. It's getting dearer & dearer and sadly it's attracting more & more idiots. Group of us left early before we thumped these pissed up pricks.
    Don't think I'll be rushing back, which is a shame as I love the darts.
  • I was there Saturday daytime with 9 mates and was my 5th year running. It's getting dearer & dearer and sadly it's attracting more & more idiots. Group of us left early before we thumped these pissed up pricks
    Don't think I'll be rushing back, which is a shame as I love the darts.

Chinny beard.
  • It definitely gets worse every year. Full of idiots. I was only there to see Josh. Don't enjoy the atmosphere as much as I used to
  • Peter Wright out last night
    RVB struggling tonight
  • Can Barney survive ?
  • Can Barney survive ?

No
  • Sponsored links:

• Barney out !
  • Barney out !

Bugger, I was due to see him play on Sunday evening.
  • 3 matches played so far today

Thornton 2/5 LOST
    Evans 2/5 LOST
    Ratajski 1/6 LOST

Thornton 2/5 LOST
    Evans 2/5 LOST
    Ratajski 1/6 LOST

Why do you continue to quote betting , when you are trying to get away from betting. I am sorry to dig you out, i really am but i have a mate who suffers and constantly posting odds/ in the betting thread will not be good in anyway what so ever.

Ignorance is bliss, even if the odds just flashed up during the match/ before on TV i still think this sort of thing you should just shut out completely.

Thornton 2/5 LOST
    Evans 2/5 LOST
    Ratajski 1/6 LOST

Why do you continue to quote betting , when you are trying to get away from betting. I am sorry to dig you out, i really am but i have a mate who suffers and constantly posting odds/ in the betting thread will not be good in anyway what so ever.

Ignorance is bliss, even if the odds just flashed up during the match/ before on TV i still think this sort of thing you should just shut out completely.
    Easier said than done mate,

Being away from my kids everyday, not having anything to do, looking at the odds of things is a distraction for me and believe me I need that.

Not to be to blunt but without the distraction if i had to sit alone everyday and think about what is going on then I wouldnt be here now
  • edited December 2018

3 matches played so far today

Thornton 2/5 LOST
    Evans 2/5 LOST
    Ratajski 1/6 LOST

Being away from my kids everyday, not having anything to do, looking at the odds of things is a distraction for me and believe me I need that.

Not to be to blunt but without the distraction if i had to sit alone everyday and think about what is going on then I wouldnt be here now
    I know its easier said than done, my mate suffers too and also is alone for long periods at a time (Has people around him and a GF) but parents recently moved out so has alot of alone time even though he is quite sociable). . Often he wont now watch more than one football game as he knows he is more likely to bet now and he loves his football.

I get its not easy but still thats not an excuse, betting often replaces things. Most people dont bet for a bit of fun, i am just making you more aware that maybe you should steer clear altogether even if it takes your mind of other things, ultimately its not good for you. Try to something more positive, walking/ reading/ gym/ snooker, tv series, absolutely anything.

I know you might think you have it under control but it only takes one relapse to go back again, my friend has been months without betting / even 6 months at one point but always falls back into it.

For your childs sake and your own, please just find another way. Its not easy but just a friendly bit of advice.

Thornton 2/5 LOST
    Evans 2/5 LOST
    Ratajski 1/6 LOST

Keep going Paulie, I enjoy your comments on here, I hope very soon, you can see more of your kids
  • Don't want to butt in to a somewhat private conversation, but Paulie, the closest way to mentally exhaust the same sort of receptors and emotions to betting (if you believe you need that sort of interaction with it).. is a 'fantasy' approach. Perhaps run a CL competition, 1pt for guessing the winner of a match, 3pts for guessing correct score, 1pt for most 180's etc. Of course we have similar for football here. I'll certainly be up for it and it keeps the art of prediction and your interest within the tournament high.

If there's something you love to do and it fulfills you, there's always ways to work around and on that.

Keep your head high pal.

Betdash was amazing for me a few years ago until it was stopped by paddypower.

If there was something like that again, it would help so many people as well IMO.

Get the same rush of betting without the risk
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't want to butt in to a somewhat private conversation, but Paulie, the closest way to mentally exhaust the same sort of receptors and emotions to betting (if you believe you need that sort of interaction with it).. is a 'fantasy' approach. Perhaps run a CL competition, 1pt for guessing the winner of a match, 3pts for guessing correct score, 1pt for most 180's etc. Of course we have similar for football here. I'll certainly be up for it and it keeps the art of prediction and your interest within the tournament high.

If there's something you love to do and it fulfills you, there's always ways to work around and on that.

Keep your head high pal.

Betdash was amazing for me a few years ago until it was stopped by paddypower.

If there was something like that again, it would help so many people as well IMO.

Get the same rush of betting without the risk
    Why dont you just write down your personal experiences around betting, or come up with deterrents, ideas to make a difference. Just a thought but if you put ideas down rather than betting it might feel a bit more rewarding and also encourage you not to bet.

Also like smokers do with counting the days since last cigarette, why dont you mark how long since you have last bet. give yourself a treat at certain points (you would have saved money from not betting)

I know there is no formula , but if you are strong minded you can get through anything.

I am probably a wrong person to give advice as i do bet regularly, however mine is more controlled and i have never really gone over the top.
  • Off to the afternoon session today. Stand up if you love the darts!
  • 1StevieG said:

Off to the afternoon session today. Stand up if you love the darts!

Enjoy, i watched last nights first time this year usually love watching it but haven't had the chance. I notice half the people in the audience aren't even watching it these days.
  • 1StevieG said:

Off to the afternoon session today. Stand up if you love the darts!

Enjoy, i watched last nights first time this year usually love watching it but haven't had the chance. I notice half the people in the audience aren't even watching it these days.
    I went a few years ago and loved it. Hoping the afternoon session is a bit more sensible than the evening one.
  • I thought the commentary was sexist the other day.
    They were totally behind the female, even though she was getting her arse presented to her.

And I thought the presents that I buy are bad.........
  • Despite claims of being a "better, nicer person", James Wade remains one the biggest gits on the oche.
    Stick it to him Seigo.
  • Despite claims of being a "better, nicer person", James Wade remains one the biggest gits on the oche.
    Stick it to him Seigo.

Yep, that was embarrassing
  • Yep. Awful behaviour. Not surprised though, he's always been a twat
  • Boo!

I was looking forward to Wade joining the other seeds who'd been dumped out.

Seigo Asada played well but faltered in the final couple of legs.