Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Upcoming Video Games thread

Comments

• edited October 2018
    So much hype around RDR2 that it’s tempting to go out and buy a games console just to be able to play it. Gonna wait until at least Black Friday for a deal.
  • I am delighted I decided to go freelance a few months before this came out. Have been hammering work as quickly as possible and enjoying the game with the rest of the day. Loving it. The world is so deep. I love how unforgivingly slow some of it is - particularly the hunting.
  • looks good red dead kids won’t come off it so I’m still in the snow. Wish there’d bring out a battle station Pacific game on Xbox one really liked that on 360
  • So much hype around RDR2 that it’s tempting to go out and buy a games console just to be able to play it. Gonna wait until at least Black Friday for a deal.

Yeah my xbox 360 packed up last year. Only ever really played GTA4 and 5 regularly with the odd game of FIFA but this game is tempting me to get one as loved the first one. Was quite traumatised by the ending of the first ha ha.

Any idea of when/ if they'll be a GTA 6?
  • So much hype around RDR2 that it’s tempting to go out and buy a games console just to be able to play it. Gonna wait until at least Black Friday for a deal.

Yeah my xbox 360 packed up last year. Only ever really played GTA4 and 5 regularly with the odd game of FIFA but this game is tempting me to get one as loved the first one. Was quite traumatised by the ending of the first ha ha.

https://segmentnext.com/2018/10/29/gta-6-release-window-leaked-by-alleged-rockstar-developer/
  • Great to see they are making a new Bully game! The first one was class!

already about 70% through it, i got the delux game for about £90.

best £90 i ever spent, its 10 times better than the first one.

ending of the second is also traumatising i can assure you

I might be able to help you there - I've got an XB1 that I forgot I had. It was in the garage, underneath some other stuff so it's a bit scuffed up and messy, hence why I haven't bothered selling it. But it works absolutely fine. Could cut you a deal on it...
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    Hitman 2
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    FIFA 19
    Fallout 76
    Spiderman

My gaming sorted for the winter
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    FIFA 19

My gaming sorted for the winter

Mine :)

i dont really play too often but no point getting any other game for me. I once bought GTA loved it but after a week back for fifa.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

So much hype around RDR2 that it’s tempting to go out and buy a games console just to be able to play it. Gonna wait until at least Black Friday for a deal.

I might be able to help you there - I've got an XB1 that I forgot I had. It was in the garage, underneath some other stuff so it's a bit scuffed up and messy, hence why I haven't bothered selling it. But it works absolutely fine. Could cut you a deal on it...
    Depends if you can get it shipped to Texas for a decent price!! Lol :-)
  • Baby due in just over a week, don't think I'll get time for RDR for some time unfortunately!
  • Talal said:

Baby due in just over a week, don't think I'll get time for RDR for some time unfortunately!

Congratulations
  • I'll stick with World of Tanks because I'm old!

ending of the second is also traumatising i can assure you
    Now it won't be. Especially as the first one has used up the biggest shock in gaming that I can remember.
  • I’ll buy it if I can bring myself to get away from this warhammer table.
  • Played the FO76 beta... What a crock of shit.

I completed FO4 several times, spent hundreds of hours on it over 4 years... 76 is just so souless and forced.
  • Talal said:

Baby due in just over a week, don't think I'll get time for RDR for some time unfortunately!

Congratulations yet dont worry... Its the job of the Mum to look after the baby so that you can continue playing Video Games
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

Congrats!

You might be surprised, Mum and Baby slept a lot early on so after the first two weeks' paralysing fear, I cracked on with some serious FM.
  • I will buy Red Dead 2 but am sort of delaying it as it’ll be a long while ‘til another one. I’ll spend a lot of time wandering aimlessly and sightseeing.

I might buy the Resident Evil 2 Remake in January, I’ve always liked RE games but I’m terrible at them. I panic and die far too easily, RE2 looks like it’ll be full of such moments.
  • RedPanda said:

I will buy Red Dead 2 but am sort of delaying it as it’ll be a long while ‘til another one. I’ll spend a lot of time wandering aimlessly and sightseeing.

I might buy the Resident Evil 2 Remake in January, I’ve always liked RE games but I’m terrible at them. I panic and die far too easily, RE2 looks like it’ll be full of such moments.

10 hours in 12% main story done, 6% total completion...
  • Dazzler21 said:

RedPanda said:

I will buy Red Dead 2 but am sort of delaying it as it’ll be a long while ‘til another one. I’ll spend a lot of time wandering aimlessly and sightseeing.

I know, it’s ridiculous. ‘Ride 3’ is out soon and once I’ve got my money’s worth from that I’ll commit the hours needed to RDR2. It looks as much art as video game.
  • Dazzler21 said:

RedPanda said:

I spent an entire night achieving very little. And I was fine with that! Just went hunting, hung out with my horse, watched a sunset etc.
  • Talal said:

Congrats!

You might be surprised, Mum and Baby slept a lot early on so after the first two weeks' paralysing fear, I cracked on with some serious FM.
    Frantic Masturbation?
  • Talal said:

Congrats!

Frantic Masturbation?
    Yes, and then played Football Manager a bit in the recovery period.
  • edited May 2019
    Days Gone - Massively underrated IMO. 

Looks great, plays well, has a great story and is being battered by most reviews. 
  • FFVII Remake is silky and gorgeous if this demo is anything to go by.

My first real RPG now in 4k...with proper character models and graphics. Yes please
  • I never played any of the old FF games, I do kind of feel like I've missed out as there seems to be a lot of hype around this remake. But is that just because there's nothing good coming out as developers seem to be waiting for the next gen consoles?

I started replaying The Witcher 3 a month or so ago (off the back of the Netflix series) and forgot how much I loved it. I'm kind of gutted I got bored with Monster Hunter before the expansion came out, the new stuff looks great but I'm not sure I can really invest the grind time to catch up now as I have an 8 week old now. 

Does anyone have a good 3rd person RPG they'd recommend (on the PS4)? I really fancy something new with a good story that I can dip in and out of when I have some time.

I've played Skyrim, The Last of Us, Uncharted 1-4, The Witcher 3, Horizon:Zero Dawn, RDR2, GTAV etc. etc.