Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jackson on Robinsons return.

Comments

• I won't boo him. After all without him, we would never have had Bowyer. The best thing he has done is brought in the best Manager since Powell and Curbs. For that I am greatful for.
  • tom- k said:

"He brown nosed his boss and also the owner of the club". What else was he meant to whilst he was employed? Slag them off at every opportunity?

He could have followed Chris Wilder's example, recognised that Roland and Katrien were poisonous (not as if it's a secret) and got a job somewhere else instead.

He decided not to. He jumped into bed with them instead.
  • I don’t think any more or less of him than I did from before he became our manager. Didn’t think much of him then, don’t think much of him now. Didn’t boo him then, won’t boo him now.
  • Can't believe all the posts on here praising Robinson.
    I don't remember him getting too much praise while he was here.(last 6 months at least ).
    The fact is he was a one trick pony who's preferred system did not work.
    Rather than try something different he stuck to it regardless.
    I won't boo him but I certainly won't clap him either.
    I don't wish him anything bad I'm just glad he is no longer with us.
    Shocking manager.

I can't understand the praise either. The football we played under him was dire.
  • I'd class myself as one of the most anti Robinson posters on here, both during and after his short spell at the helm, but even I won't be booing him. Yes he's a shite manager and came across as a bit of a prick, but he did is a favour by fucking off to Oxford so we can't really hold that one against him.

People will boo because they'll boo anything, but I'll just enjoy the three points.
  • It is pretty clear that Jacko has learnt from the one trick carthorse's inflexibility. I shall be booing as my rule of not booing my own team stopped me doing so while he was here. Not too keen on moneybag Holmes either.

• a lot of people saying robbo was a puppet - majority of us that work for bosses have to agree with them all be it in our lines of work we dont have to deal with fans etc, fortunately for bowyer we are picking up the results and hes a more likeable person.
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

Can't believe all the posts on here praising Robinson.
    I don't remember him getting too much praise while he was here.(last 6 months at least ).
    The fact is he was a one trick pony who's preferred system did not work.
    Rather than try something different he stuck to it regardless.
    I won't boo him but I certainly won't clap him either.
    I don't wish him anything bad I'm just glad he is no longer with us.
    Shocking manager.

I don't think he's being praised as much as we're saying he didn't do much to warrant being booed. What you say is absolutely correct, but he didn't abuse a tea lady, he didn't piss millions up the wall, he didn't slag off the supporters after he left. He did a poor job and left.

I like to think we're classier than booing an ex-manager for that, particularly as we're in a better position since his departure.
    We basically agree with one another.
    Like I said I will not boo him.
  • Booing people never works and boosts their ego.
  • 3 points and dogs abuse for you know who at the end of the game please.
  • He meant nothing to me, I don't blame him for taking employment to put food on his families table and whilst he got up my nose with his brent-isms he, like every other manager we have had in the best part of 5 horrible years, was working in an environment where he can never succeed.

If I wasn't boycotting I'd give him a clap and be done.
  • Blame Meire for making such a bad appointment .. Robinson is a bit of a %$£(&% but he is what he is .. he did his best for us, just that his 'best' is basically tosh as Oxford United FC is discovering all too quickly
  • Despite being Palace, Pardew was a good player for us and I find it hard to hate him too much.
  • Despite being Palace, Pardew was a good player for us and I find it hard to hate him too much.

You deserve a blood good flagging for this :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

He managed to destroy any good memories I had of him as a player by his attitude and performance as our manager. Absolute chancer and he's a hard enough man to like anyway
  • I thought he showed his limitations as a manager - which is when you are in a mess, he doesn't have a clue how to get out of it. When things are going well, he has done well. Not sure I can hate him for what I see as deficiencies in the same way I can't hate Robinson.
  • I thought he showed his limitations as a manager - which is when you are in a mess, he doesn't have a clue how to get out of it. When things are going well, he has done well. Not sure I can hate him for what I see as deficiencies in the same way I can't hate Robinson.

I wouldn't waste emotional energy on having him, I just think he's 99% labia
  • edited October 2018
    Rudders22 said:

I won't boo him. After all without him, we would never have had Bowyer. The best thing he has done is brought in the best Manager since Powell and Curbs. For that I am greatful for.

Robinson did no worse for Charlton than his successor has so far done... Something to think about.
  • Davo55 said:

Robinson is certainly far from being a major part of the Duchatelet shitfest but I won't forget the brown nosing he did to both Duchatelet and Meire.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-ive-had-backing-of-charlton-athletic-owner-roland-duchatelet/

Erm....... not sure if that’s fair considering Bowyer hasn’t exactly been slating Roland but seems to get away with it
  • Davo55 said:

Robinson is certainly far from being a major part of the Duchatelet shitfest but I won't forget the brown nosing he did to both Duchatelet and Meire.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-ive-had-backing-of-charlton-athletic-owner-roland-duchatelet/

Erm....... not sure if that’s fair considering Bowyer hasn’t exactly been slating Roland but seems to get away with it
    Have to admit though this came directly after Bowyer was given the job on a Full-Time basis

Does have a feel to it as though Bowyer was told to say this or he wasn't getting the job

Its like the tweets players produce after the game, some of them granted will be from themselves but sometimes they'll be told to do it from the club like good old Victor Anichebe

• Dazzler21 said:

Rudders22 said:

I won't boo him. After all without him, we would never have had Bowyer. The best thing he has done is brought in the best Manager since Powell and Curbs. For that I am greatful for.

Robinson did no worse for Charlton than his successor has so far done... Something to think about.
    At the point KR left I think we'd won once in eight games and our season was effectively over. We were getting poor results and playing shit football - nothing much good springs to mind.
  • edited October 2018

Dazzler21 said:

Rudders22 said:

At the point KR left I think we'd won once in eight games and our season was effectively over. We were getting poor results and playing shit football - nothing much good springs to mind.
    And once Bowyer has been here as long we can accurately decide if he was better or worse. For now however I would expect their results H2H to be very similar... I'm even tempted to go and do the research as work is boring me today...
  • So Lee Bowyer has been in charge for 28 games so these stats are for the first 28 games:

Karl Robinson
    P28, W6, D10, L12

Lee Bowyer
    P28, W13, D5, L10

It is evident from this that Robinson created no new manager bounce and Lee B has been more successful in terms of consistency.

Then I asked myself how did they do after a full pre season?

Karl Robinson
    P16, W9, D3, L4

Lee Bowyer
    P16, W7, D4, L5

Though this looks closer, Robinson had more to spend and as a result churned out 2 more wins.

I think the result is somewhat skewed by Bowyer's lack of funding.