Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jackson on Robinsons return.

Interesting interview.
Johnnie Jackson: I’d like Karl Robinson to get good reception on his Charlton Athletic return – but I’m not expecting it!
https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/johnnie-jackson-id-like-karl-robinson-to-get-good-reception-on-his-charlton-athletic-return-but-im-not-expecting-it/

Comments

• Robbo had his ideas but they did not work,he tried his best for us and he therefore should be treated with respeect tonight.Please if you cant bring yourselves to give him a decent welcome,no booing.
  • Robbo had his ideas but they did not work,he tried his best for us and he therefore should be treated with respeect tonight.Please if you cant bring yourselves to give him a decent welcome,no booing.

Not going to boo him but I will laugh my tits off if we beat him.
  • Karl Robinson is a paradox.

One of the youngest coaches to get his A licence in England.
    (Had plenty of time because he never made it as a player)

Gave Man utd a trashing in the cup at MK Dons.
    (United played a weakened team even though the tea lady was their best player)

Managed to get MK Dons promoted
    (Had the teenage Ali who was two classes above the rest)

Said Charlton were a big club and a honour to be the manager.
    (he was out of work)

His initial enthusiasm and words did galvanize the team and fans.
    (Same old hot air after not accepting that playing one non goal scoring striker was a poor idea.)

Karl Robinson is a verbose Scouser.
    (Karl Robinson is a verbose Scouser !)
  • Did not pull up any trees; however, did not do much damage either. Responsible for bringing Bowyer in as well and that has worked out so far.
    Rather than booing, I am hoping to cheer a big win. That would be nice for a change!
  • Sponsored links:

• Really, really want us to beat them/him but wouldn't boo him.
  • nice enough bloke, dont feel the need to boo him/be abusive towards him, just hope we hammer them, oxford fans come across as smug prick that think they should be better than they are - they were lauding it when the got robbo - im greatful to karl without him we would not have lee bowyer.
  • “He’ll tell you he probably felt he wasn’t backed as much with transfers as he would’ve liked."

Unbelievable... the scouse twat would have known that Roland was problematic even before taking the job without having to do much research into it either!!

Not to mention Bowyer has had less backing in the transfer market yet has gone for quality over quantity!!

Yet people moaned we had a small squad last year......
  • I'd prefer him to get a ripple of applause and leave it at that. While he made plenty of mistakes (or one key mistake in the sense that he only picked one formation), I do think he did plenty around the squad and club culture, and that's given Lee Bowyer something to run with. That applies to Slade too.
  • Don’t think I’ll be booing him tonight unless he does something to warrant it

This isn’t Pardew coming back to The Valley

He was and still is tactically naive but I still think he did a lot of good things and don’t think he has a bad word to say about us when questioned since he left

In our league I’d rather give Steve Evans more stick

Out of interest, why do you think Pardew deserves stick but Robinson doesn't? Pardew took over in a wretched position and nearly kept us in the Premier League. He gave us a 4-0 win over West Ham and a double over Palace and kept us in promotion contention before his massive ego exploded and everything went to shit. What were the golden moments under Robinson? The bloke was useless from day one and blamed each defeat on everyone but himself. The fact that Bowyer's doing considerably better with a much weaker squad tells you all you need to know.
  • I don't really care for him and wouldn't boo him. I decided he wasn't all that bad before our play off tie against Shrewsbury, he was very giddy when talking about us and very biased.

Obviously a bit of a prat at times and I do think he is a poor manager but I don't dislike him like I do Fraeye
  • edited October 2018
    Re the above, I would say that Robinson was an over confident 'cheeky scouser' they can be mildly irritating but of no lasting consequence.

Pardew is Palace

I know which one I would reserve the lethal weapon of booing for.
  • MrLargo said:

Don’t think I’ll be booing him tonight unless he does something to warrant it

He was and still is tactically naive but I still think he did a lot of good things and don’t think he has a bad word to say about us when questioned since he left

Out of interest, why do you think Pardew deserves stick but Robinson doesn't? Pardew took over in a wretched position and nearly kept us in the Premier League. He gave us a 4-0 win over West Ham and a double over Palace and kept us in promotion contention before his massive ego exploded and everything went to shit. What were the golden moments under Robinson? The bloke was useless from day one and blamed each defeat on everyone but himself. The fact that Bowyer's doing considerably better with a much weaker squad tells you all you need to know.
    Is it a weaker squad though? At left back and goalkeeper, sure we miss Dasilva and Amos. However other areas, I’d say are just as strong, if not stronger. Up front especially. Granted we miss Forster-Caskey and Kashi had quality, but Cullen is excellent, Aribo has stepped it up, Reeves too, and then Pratley is a good player for this division. We have Ward, Fosu and soon Clarke for one position. Okay we lost Holmes but as a whole, I do think we are better now. When we had Holmes everything went through him. Now we have threats coming from everywhere and a partnership that you know is going to score goals, and then Igor waiting in the wings for his chance.

I used to be a fan of Robinson’s for a little while but things changed and he quickly changed my opinion of his ability and he just wasn’t right for us.

I’d love to beat them tonight more than other sides, it’ll show how things could’ve been if he was more flexible. But I wouldn’t boo him, there’s many other managers I can’t stand who aren’t good for the game, Robinson is annoying but he isn’t an Evans as mentioned above.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

I must admit, before I joined this forum I didn't really understand the Pardew hate. But I have been converted.

As I perceive it, Pardew pissed a lot of money up the wall. Sure, we can blame Murray for that too, but Pardew is the one who decided he needed more and more strikers for 1-2m a piece, only to play them on the wing or not at all while our midfield floundered. Add to that the fact that he was often acknowledged to be a total prick to work with/ for, it's harder to forgive his mistakes.
  • "But on Tuesday I hope we stuff him, and probably a little bit more so - because I know him so well"

Johnny likes him.

Because he tried his best for us, doesn't mean he should be treated with respect. I'm sure Karel Fraeye tried his best for us, but I don't think many people would treat him with respect. Likewise, i'm sure Katrien Meire tried her best for us, but she wouldn't be treated with respect.
  • edited October 2018
    TBF to Gobbo, he got more money out of Douchebag than others have managed.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

MrLargo said:

I must admit, before I joined this forum I didn't really understand the Pardew hate. But I have been converted.

As I perceive it, Pardew pissed a lot of money up the wall. Sure, we can blame Murray for that too, but Pardew is the one who decided he needed more and more strikers for 1-2m a piece, only to play them on the wing or not at all while our midfield floundered. Add to that the fact that he was often acknowledged to be a total prick to work with/ for, it's harder to forgive his mistakes.
    I agree with that completely. He squandered money left, right and centre, not just on strikers but on people like Dean Sinclair (£250,000) who was clearly never going to get anywhere near the first team. I don't like Pardew at all. But I remember the whole North Stand chanting for him to be our next manager after the League Cup loss to Wycombe under Les Reed, and I remember being pleased that he was our manager for at least a year after he joined us. We had some good times while he was in charge. None of that happened under Robinson, and he cosied up to an owner (and CEO) who's done more damage to this club than anyone else in history.
  • I will just be happy if we beat Oxford - just glad that he's left.
  • edited October 2018
    He brown nosed his boss and also the owner of the club, What else was he meant to whilst he was employed? Slag them off at every opportunity?