Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace planning new stadium

Comments

• The biggest problem is , it's the wrong way round !! You can still see the pitch !!
  • In a perfect world they'll get relegated while building that monstrosity and spunking their ill gotten gains on premiership player contracts. We can but hope.
  • edited April 2018
    Shouldn’t this thread be changed to “Palace planning a new stand” ? One nice stand does not a new stadium make.

Tossers
  • Even shitholes take time to plan and build...
  • Even shitholes take time to plan and build...

Perhaps Parish should headhunt Keohane?

Now there's a Project Manager for you - a modern day I K Brunel.
  • Looks like a cheap version of Liverpool's new stand.
  • Obviously I’m biased, but the picture of their “new stadium” on the previous page looks dreadful
  • they look set to stay at selhurst if Croydon council agrees to the new stand development. 34,000 nigels all under one roof.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/steve-parish-set-to-find-out-if-crystal-palace-will-get-goahead-for-100m-new-stand-at-selhurst-park-a3817921.html

What a crappy mess
  • edited October 2018
    I love the fact the top artists impression shows the stand extends to the full perimeter of the ground with the ends of the stand seemingly projecting past the Holmesdale and Sainsburys ends.

Whereas in the bottom artists impression, the new stand appears to have shrunk in the wash.
  • Sponsored links:

• My oh my what a dogs dinner!
  • Addickted said:

Massive issue when the biggest house developer in Croydon happens to be a Brighton Season Ticket holder who is outbidding them whenever he gets a sniff of them interested in a site without planning permission.

HAHAHAHAHA!! Buy that man a beer on me!

• just what London needs .. another new cookie cutter style stadium
  • That would be a pretty wonky cookie
  • That looks awful!!

Looks like someone had added a two storey conservatory on the end of their bungalow
  • £100 million for one stand. With the rest of the stadium looking like something from the seventies. Think someone somewhere should insist that the wooden stand that poses a fire risk must be prioritised over any fantasy development that Palace have.
  • £100 million for one stand. With the rest of the stadium looking like something from the seventies. Think someone somewhere should insist that the wooden stand that poses a fire risk must be prioritised over any fantasy development that Palace have.

Isnt it meant to replace that wooden stand ?
  • Addickted said:

Seems that Steve Parish is starting to hit some planning hurdles and pretty hard.

"It had been hoped that work could begin on the new stand at the end of the current season, with likely completion in 2021, to be ready to open for the 2021/22 season. But Palace are currently discussing with the council over the terms of the S106 agreement to fund transport and community improvement initiatives as part of the project.

When those details are agreed, the plan will then go the Mayor of London's office for approval, when planning permission will formally be granted, once it has been signed off by the mayor. But the Palace chairman has conceded that the project could be pushed back".

"The new main stand, we have got some issues," he said, speaking on the Five Year Plan podcast this week. "Unfortunately these things do tend to slide, but we are on the front foot with it and we are doing our utmost to get the final agreements we need in place to get it done." "We were hoping at the end of this season, but it is drifting away from us slightly".

Part of Khan's requirement is to replace the six houses that are proposed to be demolished with six brand new houses (all 4 bed) within Croydon.

Massive issue when the biggest house developer in Croydon happens to be a Brighton Season Ticket holder who is outbidding them whenever he gets a sniff of them interested in a site without planning permission.

No deal has been made with Sainsbury's either who I understand are playing hardball.

Meanwhile, the maintenance and health & safety costs on the main stand continue to soar and the stabilising of the water table under the Holmesdale Stand is starting to fail.

Still at least the LFB at West Norwood have suggested they could utilise the water under the Holmesdale to put out any possible fire in the main stand - so there's always some good news.

Hero.
  • To be fair as a stand I think it looks quite nice

It will look horribly out of place with the other stands though, and realistically it's hard to imagine the rest of the ground getting much work after this, as that's the only side with room to expand. The Arthur Waite side is horrible, but I can't imagine they'll be allowed to build anything significantly higher to replace it
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like that wooden stand might be about to burn down one night, meaning that they have to replace it with something.
  • It's the equivalent of those monstrosity cars you used to get with a massive spoiler or some other "mod" on it.

It's still a piece of junk.

Aren’t both the members and Arthur wait stands wooden?!
  • YTS1978 said:

£100 million for one stand. With the rest of the stadium looking like something from the seventies. Think someone somewhere should insist that the wooden stand that poses a fire risk must be prioritised over any fantasy development that Palace have.

Isn't it just some of the seats in the AW which are wooden? The stand was built in the 60s so I doubt the structure was wooden
  • YTS1978 said:

£100 million for one stand. With the rest of the stadium looking like something from the seventies. Think someone somewhere should insist that the wooden stand that poses a fire risk must be prioritised over any fantasy development that Palace have.

Isn't it just some of the seats in the AW which are wooden? The stand was built in the 60s so I doubt the structure was wooden
    You may very well be right. I was just taking the piss!
  • Never minded the Arthur Waite to be honest. Far worse stands than that.
  • Pringle said:

Never minded the Arthur Waite to be honest. Far worse stands than that.

Is there?
  • The away ends at Everton, Chelsea and Villa imo. Not that we'll be seeing those any time soon I guess.
  • Pringle said:

The away ends at Everton, Chelsea and Villa imo. Not that we'll be seeing those any time soon I guess.

Everton and Chelsea are planning new grounds, and away section at Chelsea now is at The Shed End anyway which is fine.