Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cambridge University Students Union.

What a disgrace as they have voted not to acknowledge Remembrance Sunday amid fears about the “glorification” of conflict.
If it wasn't for our grandfather's and great grandfather's they wouldn't have the opportunities in life they have today.
God help us if this is future.

Comments

• What's actually happened here?
  • They should F**k off. They wouldn't have freedom of speech to even be able to say this sort of thing if it wasn't for the people we are remembering.Thought they were supposed to be intelligent people!
  • Couldn't agree more everyone is entitled to there views,however the reason we can have those views is because people paid the ultimate sacrifice.
    Remembrance Sunday does not glorify conflict.
  • Stuck up turds should have a shuffty at a history book or two.
  • These utter cockwombles are the future politicians of our great country. All I can say is God f*****g help us.
  • edited October 2018
    What I will say is that the Students Union could have maybe chosen their words better and not used 'glorification' (although the article cuts off before I can see what they actually say...according to Our Two Patriotic Lads/Lasses)
  • Meant to be incredibly intelligent but clearly a bunch of imbeciles.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2018
    Leith in usual bollox shock
  • 'Throughout England people, especially elderly people, were thoroughly shocked. 'What is wrong with the younger generation?' was the general query.'

When the Oxford Union voted that they wouldn't fight for King and Country in 1933.

There's nothing new under the sun.
  • Keith in usual hollow shock

Fixed that for you.

• The retort that “ they would be able to voice these opinions if it weren’t for war/sacrifice/etc” has always been a weird one for me to grapple with.

So you want them to have those freedoms but not to put those freedoms into practice?

Also the Second World War is the only conflict we've ever been involved in where freedom of speech would have been under threat of we'd lost.
  • bunch of spotty, self centred, attention seeking morons.
  • True Brendan but what about the Cambridge Students ?
  • Simply a disgrace
  • Sponsored links:

• Erm, was that a deliberate or accidental typo @Addickted?
  • Uboat said:

True Brendan but what about the Cambridge Students ?

Nice one, but it's the 'desperate to be offended' crowd that are the real attention seekers here.
    Yes, but enough about Leuth. What about the poor students?
  • Uboat said:

True Brendan but what about the Cambridge Students ?

Nice one, but it's the 'desperate to be offended' crowd that are the real attention seekers here.
    Yes, but enough about Leuth. What about the poor students?
    I think we've had that joke already.
  • aliwibble said:

Erm, was that a deliberate or accidental typo @Addickted?

Whoops :blush:
  • Freedom of expression is what people gave their lives for.
  • I'll be wearing my poppy.
  • Do what you want. Wear a poppy or not. As long as you don't impose your point of view as being the only one possible.
    Me, I won't wear a poppy or support the British Legion.
    But I respect those who gave their lives actively or not for freedom.