Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Darren Pratley (Page 22 - Signed for Leyton Orient)

Comments

• I wonder who the winner was ?
  • My guess would be Marshall or Aribo.
  • Taylor, I reckon
  • Wagstaff used to win them all.

Just saying.
  • Essex_Al said:

Don’t actually know much about him but on paper a very good signing, especially given our current situation.

We lacked a bit of a combative element last season and Pratley has played the vast amount of the last ten years playing at a higher level. People don’t get made captains without being good around the dressing room, having a good attitude and having the respect of other players.

Agreed Dan, with Taylor and now Pratley we have also addressed the height issue with the team which will help the rest of the short arses!

Shit, shouldn't have mentioned short arses :-)
    Hello Alan.
  • I wonder who the winner was ?

If it's Solly we are in even bigger trouble...:(
  • Really impressed by Pratley on Saturday - seemed to be all over the pitch and was a physical presence. Underwhelmed by his signing but glad if he proves me wrong.
  • Really impressed by Pratley on Saturday - seemed to be all over the pitch and was a physical presence. Underwhelmed by his signing but glad if he proves me wrong.

Hasn't he already proved you wrong?
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

Really impressed by Pratley on Saturday - seemed to be all over the pitch and was a physical presence. Underwhelmed by his signing but glad if he proves me wrong.

Not yet - needs to do it over the season. If he plays like he did on Saturday I'll be very pleased.
  • He didn't know Bowyer was only caretaker.....
  • JamesSeed said:

Really impressed by Pratley on Saturday - seemed to be all over the pitch and was a physical presence. Underwhelmed by his signing but glad if he proves me wrong.

Not yet - needs to do it over the season. If he plays like he did on Saturday I'll be very pleased.
    That's a given, but you can see in the two matches he's played in what he brings to the team. He's exactly what we've been crying out for these last two seasons. Just need some creativity alongside him. It's gradually coming together folks.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

That's a given, but you can see in the two matches he's played in what he brings to the team. He's exactly what we've been crying out for these last two seasons. Just need some creativity alongside him. It's gradually coming together folks.
    Maybe when Fosu returns?

• ross1 said:
    Comes across really well, think his experience alongside his ability in the middle will be huge for us this season.
  • ross1 said:
    Comes across really well, think his experience alongside his ability in the middle will be huge for us this season.
    Yes, we've really missed someone like him these last 2 years, experienced but still mobile, physical but can still play
  • I like Pratley and think he will be a great signing he likes to get stuck in.

But why oh why when its 0-0 and they get a free kick or a throw does he walk away with the ball then drop it.

I understand when we are winning but he done it a few times against posh on Tuesday at 0-0 and has done it twice in the 1st half here
  • Every second touch is a tackle
  • He probably does it to lengthen his recovery time after another lung-busting run. He's playing the role of the box to box action man at 33. Needs his kip
  • Sponsored links:

• I like Pratley and think he will be a great signing he likes to get stuck in.

But why oh why when its 0-0 and they get a free kick or a throw does he walk away with the ball then drop it.

I understand when we are winning but he done it a few times against posh on Tuesday at 0-0 and has done it twice in the 1st half here

He's having a breather mate at his age :wink: .
  • RedChaser said:

I like Pratley and think he will be a great signing he likes to get stuck in.

FIRST
  • Every second touch is a tackle

We’re not going to find a ball winning midfielder who’s also great on the ball with our budget.
  • Leuth said:

RedChaser said:

I like Pratley and think he will be a great signing he likes to get stuck in.

FIRST
    I got there as quick as I could ref, still they always give keepers the benefit of doubt :wink: .
  • edited August 2018
    He is a man who lacks subtly.

I was curious to see him given more freedom with Bielik holding. He'd looked alright going forward in recent games and I think the amount of running he does leaves us without cover in front of the defense. But he did not look particularly good going forward today.
  • Scoham said:

Every second touch is a tackle

We’re not going to find a ball winning midfielder who’s also great on the ball with our budget.
    But how many times did he actually win the ball today?

Just as everyone else was, he was useless today.
  • Sage said:

Scoham said:

He always seemed to be near the ball. Not quite on the ball, not quite winning the ball, but adjacent to it.
  • SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Scoham said:

He always seemed to be near the ball. Not quite on the ball, not quite winning the ball, but adjacent to it.
    So basically useless then
  • Sage said:

SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Scoham said:

So basically useless then
    Today, yes.

He has moments that makes me think he's capable of taking it up another notch or two. But then he has some thoroughly dross ones as well. I keep hoping that the flashes of quality are the mean for him and he's just rusty from a lack of a proper pre-season but I increasingly fear that the moments of quality are the outlier as his powers decline at 33.