Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Accrington Stanley Away, No Trains?

Just had a look and apparently no trains to or from Euston that weekend? Anyone else had a look and what on earth are us train spotters to do!

Comments

• edited June 2018
    I looked, I thought from Euston and were trains, but I may be wrong. There were definitely trains at about £90 return. I'll wait for an offer or reduced prices.
  • National rail are saying Euston to Preston then Preston to Accrington
  • Further down the page it does say no trains out of euston on the 18th and 19th. National rail website
  • edited June 2018

• shirty5 said:

Further down the page it does say no trains out of euston on the 18th and 19th. National rail website

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/181751.aspx
  • Just had a look via Leeds, looking at about 8 hours on the train that day, bliss.
  • Just had a look via Leeds, looking at about 8 hours on the train that day, bliss.

Or 8 hrs on the coach :(
  • Clive and Elfsborg Travel will resume tonight.

You need to tell the driver to take the breaks off then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Even with a railcard I can only find for £60+. Will try and get to this match but do not want to pay £50+ to travel to watch 3rd division football.
  • edited June 2018

Even with a railcard I can only find for £60+. Will try and get to this match but do not want to pay £50+ to travel to watch 3rd division football.

Cheaper via Leeds but with no trains from euston, obviously a longer journey
  • After him doing a nice little pub crawl when he groundhopped Accrington a while back, Shirty5 can be our pub guide for this game.

• After him doing a nice little pub crawl when he groundhopped Accrington a while back, Shirty5 can be our pub guide for this game.

Will have to double check nearer the time that the pubs I visited a couple of years back are still open. (Especially with pubs closing on a regular basis these days)

However there were at least 6 decent pubs so plenty of choice which includes a cheap Samuel Smith pub.
  • Even with a railcard I can only find for £60+. Will try and get to this match but do not want to pay £50+ to travel to watch 3rd division football.

I have pm'd you.
  • clive said:

Even with a railcard I can only find for £60+. Will try and get to this match but do not want to pay £50+ to travel to watch 3rd division football.

I have pm'd you.
    Cheers mate.
  • shirty5 said:

After him doing a nice little pub crawl when he groundhopped Accrington a while back, Shirty5 can be our pub guide for this game.

Will have to double check nearer the time that the pubs I visited a couple of years back are still open. (Especially with pubs closing on a regular basis these days)

However there were at least 6 decent pubs so plenty of choice which includes a cheap Samuel Smith pub.
    A Samuel Smith pub sounds good to me.

Lead the way Sir.
  • Cheaper to split the journey at Leeds and then buy a separate ticket to Accrington
  • LouisMend said:

Cheaper to split the journey at Leeds and then buy a separate ticket to Accrington

I thought the SLP or BBC London provided a private helicopter for all your away games :smile:
  • If there are mainline trains to Preston, go that way. About 2 and a half hours Euston to Preston. It's slightly less to Leeds but It'll take you fucking hours to get to Accrington from Leeds - about 40 minutes from Preston
  • Sponsored links:

• If there are mainline trains to Preston, go that way. About 2 and a half hours Euston to Preston. It's slightly less to Leeds but It'll take you fucking hours to get to Accrington from Leeds - about 40 minutes from Preston

70 minutes Leeds to Accrington
  • LouisMend said:

Cheaper to split the journey at Leeds and then buy a separate ticket to Accrington

I thought the SLP or BBC London provided a private helicopter for all your away games :smile:
    Thats only if has to get back in time to watch Palace on MOTD
  • 19.16 19.45 20.16 from Leeds are £16 singles

The 6.30 and 7.03 to Leeds are £16 singles, with the 7.35 and three other trains upto the 9.33 being £22 singles

The 19.16 19.45 20.16 from Leeds are £16 singles

The above are before group discount bookings of 3 or more people, plus any railcard discounts.

Trains are 20/51 past the hour from Leeds to Accrington, on the way back the 17.27 will be the first you can get, then they run at 11/27 past the hour. This leg costs £15 return and can be booked on the day.

Over to Shirty5 for the pub guide!

I am glad you are leaving the important stuff like pubs to an expert now.

The 6.30 and 7.03 to Leeds are £16 singles, with the 7.35 and three other trains upto the 9.33 being £22 singles

The above are before group discount bookings of 3 or more people, plus any railcard discounts.

Trains are 20/51 past the hour from Leeds to Accrington, on the way back the 17.27 will be the first you can get, then they run at 11/27 past the hour. This leg costs £15 return and can be booked on the day.

Don't get me started on Bradford.

not your finest moment that, good job @clb74 was there to sort out a proper boozer with stella only a quid.

not your finest moment that, good job @clb74 was there to sort out a proper boozer with stella only a quid.
    Got a bit wet at Bradford last season didnt we only had shorts and jumper on.
  • Zzzzz if someone picks me up a match ticket, I’ll drive them there :smiley:
  • Dont forget virgin east coast whatever its called now.
    If your going london to leeds return 3 adults or more get group save.
  • Ten of us going via Leeds - leaving Kings X 9.03 and back 9.29.About £44 with card discount