Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Britain's got talent

Comments

• edited June 2018
    lost voice guy - certainly a different act and the 1st disabled winner of the show - issue is would people pay to go and see him on his own - i dont think many would.

dvj being there was ridiculous.

my top 3 would of been
    1.) giang brothers
    2.) Gruffydd Wyn
    3.) wiggle guy
  • Walliams made a good point in the Extra Show afterwards by asking whether people would pay to go and see Lost Voice Guy on tour and listen to him for two hours - Ultimately he thought that people would yet am not too sure, reckon the novelty would be there at the beginning for most people yet they'd probably get bored in the end
  • Hard to say. I saw him at a comedy club in Durham just over a year ago, and he was easily the best of the three on that night, though the others werent bad. He probably did about half an hour, and was funny throughout. Stretching to an hour/hour and a half might be a big leap, but good luck to the guy.
  • IdleHans said:

Hard to say. I saw him at a comedy club in Durham just over a year ago, and he was easily the best of the three on that night, though the others werent bad. He probably did about half an hour, and was funny throughout. Stretching to an hour/hour and a half might be a big leap, but good luck to the guy.

Exactly what I was thinking. I could see him doing a half hour set, but would possibly need to be followed on stage by other comedians in a comedy evening.
  • Have always been a fan of Milton Jones from Mock the Week and decided to go see him at the Apollo once

After an hour of his one liners I'd stopped laughing because it eventually became tiring and a bit boring to listen to - Although that could be different for a one liner comedian and one who'll have a detailed joke

Had respect for Robert White too, after coming second he too could go on and have a career in comedy quite easily yet when interviewed he only cared about preparing for the job in teaching that he's about to start
  • Whats even worse than the appalling middle-of-the-road show, is people on social media arguing about who should have won, if anyone thinks that some of the comics or musicians on BGT are good then you will drop your load if you ever go out to a proper gig or a comedy club.
    A mates unique band (they are every very good) were contacted by BGT researchers a few years ago (their stuff was seen on youtube) and indeed auditioned, but were told that they will have to change their act a little to fit in with the shows demographic.
    Its contrived BS and they know who will be in the final before the shows are aired.
  • Greenie said:

Whats even worse than the appalling middle-of-the-road show, is people on social media arguing about who should have won, if anyone thinks that some of the comics or musicians on BGT are good then you will drop your load if you ever go out to a proper gig or a comedy club.
    A mates unique band (they are every very good) were contacted by BGT researchers a few years ago (their stuff was seen on youtube) and indeed auditioned, but were told that they will have to change their act a little to fit in with the shows demographic.
    Its contrived BS and they know who will be in the final before the shows are aired.

Yes, it is all fake to make money for Cowell. It is great that a disabled guy has won, whereas he made his reputation on taking the piss out of mentally ill people, to the point where the authorities had to intervene on his audition shows. That's why you see less of the delusional now.

The worst bit is how he makes himself out to be the leading authority on everything. Stop, change that, sing another song with more feeling - all staged to make him look good. You don't need Simon Cowell to have a talent show and the sooner he is kicked off our screens the better!
  • Have always been a fan of Milton Jones from Mock the Week and decided to go see him at the Apollo once

After an hour of his one liners I'd stopped laughing because it eventually became tiring and a bit boring to listen to - Although that could be different for a one liner comedian and one who'll have a detailed joke

Had respect for Robert White too, after coming second he too could go on and have a career in comedy quite easily yet when interviewed he only cared about preparing for the job in teaching that he's about to start

I saw Milton Jones and agree.
  • Greenie said:

Whats even worse than the appalling middle-of-the-road show, is people on social media arguing about who should have won, if anyone thinks that some of the comics or musicians on BGT are good then you will drop your load if you ever go out to a proper gig or a comedy club.

Naff and contrived perhaps but the voting is legit. There was a free App for voting but you could also vote via landline or text message. That comes at a cost. Any rigging of the votes as you suggest would be a criminal offence. Don’t think the broadcaster would risk that. They don’t know who will be in the final before the shows are aired.

• Walliams made a good point in the Extra Show afterwards by asking whether people would pay to go and see Lost Voice Guy on tour and listen to him for two hours - Ultimately he thought that people would yet am not too sure, reckon the novelty would be there at the beginning for most people yet they'd probably get bored in the end

I'm sure he'll make a better living off the back of winning BGT for a good while, but doesnt need to do a 90 minute/two hour solo show. He'll be able to command a good appearance fee as part of comedy night line ups that largely feature 3-5 acts, which is what I think he's been doing anyway, only now he'll be the headliner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

Naff and contrived perhaps but the voting is legit. There was a free App for voting but you could also vote via landline or text message. That comes at a cost. Any rigging of the votes as you suggest would be a criminal offence. Don’t think the broadcaster would risk that. They don’t know who will be in the final before the shows are aired.

Hmmm, they try and mould acts to fit the BGT demographic, they have the golden button that the judges hit that take acts to the semi final?, the judges constantly mention their favourites, they tweet about which acts should be in the final, indirectly this gets acts popularity. Ultimately its a front for Simon Cowells popularity.
    Also, all these talent shows are for 14 year old girls, middle aged women and people who dont go and see live acts/gigs.
    We really have embraced mediocrity with this nonsense.
    I have a good friend that came second on one of the two singing talent shows, she is the best female vocalist I have had the pleasure to work with, absolutely astonishing, dont get me started on the contract she was offered, they offer the top 3 a contract each, basically they bloody own you....she turned it down.
  • edited June 2018
    IdleHans said:

Walliams made a good point in the Extra Show afterwards by asking whether people would pay to go and see Lost Voice Guy on tour and listen to him for two hours - Ultimately he thought that people would yet am not too sure, reckon the novelty would be there at the beginning for most people yet they'd probably get bored in the end

I'm sure he'll make a better living off the back of winning BGT for a good while, but doesnt need to do a 90 minute/two hour solo show. He'll be able to command a good appearance fee as part of comedy night line ups that largely feature 3-5 acts, which is what I think he's been doing anyway, only now he'll be the headliner.
    Yes, I'm sure that is the direction he can go - He cant do the TV panel shows that seem staple for many comedians for obvious reasons!

I worked with a girl who auditioned for X Factor a few years back. She gave us a sample in the office and she was excellent. She didn't get through and I asked her, naively, what the judges comments were. She said she didn't see the judges! I was confused, I said but there was an old guy with no teeth, slobbering Bohemian Rhapsody out of tune - he was seen by the judges. She said they already know who they want to see and they like to have comedy acts they can take the pee out of for the ratings. A lot of great singers don't get a proper chance!
  • I honestly dont see Lee (Lost Voice) doing great out of this with Simon Cowell and will mainly benefit out of the prize money that he's got from the show - i.e. I cant see Simon being able to manage a comedian too well and when judging Noel James after his semi-final performance, deferred to David's opinion on how he thought he did.

Its not like we'll see Lee on I'm a Celebrity or Big Brother either in the future
  • didn't actually think he was that funny really and definitely got the sympathy vote IMO.

found it slightly uncomfortable viewing if I'm honest
  • a shame that Micky P Kerr blew it in the final and wasn't funny at all
  • IdleHans said:

Walliams made a good point in the Extra Show afterwards by asking whether people would pay to go and see Lost Voice Guy on tour and listen to him for two hours - Ultimately he thought that people would yet am not too sure, reckon the novelty would be there at the beginning for most people yet they'd probably get bored in the end

Yes, I'm sure that is the direction he can go - He cant do the TV panel shows that seem staple for many comedians for obvious reasons!

I worked with a girl who auditioned for X Factor a few years back. She gave us a sample in the office and she was excellent. She didn't get through and I asked her, naively, what the judges comments were. She said she didn't see the judges! I was confused, I said but there was an old guy with no teeth, slobbering Bohemian Rhapsody out of tune - he was seen by the judges. She said they already know who they want to see and they like to have comedy acts they can take the pee out of for the ratings. A lot of great singers don't get a proper chance!
    I thought it was fairly common knowledge that when you go to the auditions you have to go through 1-2 panels of 'normal' judges first and that either the brilliant, the bat shit crazy or the downright appalling only ever make it onto the tv auditions.
    These days though, you never know whether someone is genuinely there for an audition or if they've been invited to appear and the 'audition' is just a set up.
  • Yes, I hadn't really given it a lot of thought when I asked her. A bit like talking about our dog to my mum, when I was in my twenties, who went to live on a farm when I was a young boy. As I said it, I clocked what I was saying and said oh sh*t!
  • These sort of shows always have their favourites on who they want to win or Get to finals this is done simply by things like in the semi finals they made who they wanted through perform last so it’s fresher in the audiences memories.

I remember in xfactor when Louisa Johnson was competing or whatever the word is, they bought her the twitter handle ’@louisa’ now that may not seem a big thing but it’s absolute bias and setting up who they want to win and pushing it as such into your faces.

I don’t enjoy these shows but the other half does so I compromise to only ever have them on during the live shows, never them poxy auditions.
  • elcafc said:

Spanish said:

Good luck @elcafc to your boy... I'll download the app and give him a Charlton vote !!

I think the show is good viewing and there are some very good acts mixed in between some dreadful ones, i.e. how the 60+ Brummy is in the final at the expense of one other is a joke.

Thanks Spanish, I think we might actually know each other. Did you used to sit in the f block. Do you know the brothers LW and RW??
    Leighton and Tricky ??
  • I though I saw a person playing the jaws harp and being a horse on the television set and assumed they would win. Quite obviously the best thing on screen since that expert was interrupted by his little girl and baby in a baby walking frame.
    I want a cat to win the prize one day.
  • Sponsored links:

• The most talented act on the show was the Giang brothers. The disabled fella wasn’t even funny, sympathy vote if ever I’ve seen one.

Really??

I suppose its all about opinions, I found him really funny and I voted for him for that and not Sympathy
    Really??

You don't think the sympathy vote played its part? I was very surprised he made it to the Semi, he simply wasn't that funny.

He had jokes, but we've all got jokes, doesn't mean they're all winners...
  • We all have different sense of humours.
  • Glad Lost Voice Guy won. Bravo for the disabled! and he does have an adroit sense of humour. Imagine the shit, snide comments that he has had to suffer over the years from people who make value judgements from the way he looks! A kind of revenge I think. Personally thought 'Tina Turner show' knocked them all into a tin hat and my missus thought the same re the 'Magic Mike' troupe.
  • Anyone seen the Tina Turner show?
    Any good?
  • Know it is being pushed everywhere so can't be selling well!
  • For me, the Vietnamese brother should have won by a mile, that was stunning.
  • edited June 2018

For me, the Vietnamese brother should have won by a mile, that was stunning.

Which one - the one on the top or the one on the bottom? Bit harsh on the other one if you ask me!

Which one - the one on the top or the one on the bottom? Bit harsh on the other one if you ask me!
    Bottom 100% the one on top done nothing :wink:

Bottom 100% the one on top done nothing :wink:
    He didn't fall off.

I’ll go with your response seen as I missed off the s, I’d argue the bottom one.