Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Britain's got talent

Can this show be done under the trade descriptions act?

Comments

• Became 'Britain's run out of talent' a few years back. Even the few good ones are mainly foreign.

First 3 or 4 series were good though.
  • Acts now make the final based on, race, religion, cute, and pure political correctness. Yes, I know it's a public vote, but if you believe that ! Then good luck.

When Simon Cowell is praising people who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, we are in trouble. The comedian Wednesday night was really pretty good, perhaps a little near the line for BGT. The panel said they didn't understand his jokes !

• Why the lol @Ducktapeshoerepairs

you disagree that they are funny??
  • Lost voice guy isn’t funny, at all.
  • State of the plastic surgery on Holden and captain Closet Cowell.
  • Stephen Mulhern is funny.
  • Became 'Britain's run out of talent' a few years back. Even the few good ones are mainly foreign.

First 3 or 4 series were good though.

all 8 of the finalists so far are British
  • PopIcon said:

Stephen Mulhern is funny.

My wife watches the shows which means I sometimes have to and I'll give you that.
  • Watched out of habit now and wishing I hadn't.

Most of the acts are average at best and some are pretty poor.

The only one who has had me murmuring approval is the comedian with the tank tops.
  • Sponsored links:

• Alesha Dixon is the ONLY reason to watch this crap.
  • Watched about half hour last night, Amanda Holden would get it
  • Why are Dixon, Holden and Walliams even judges in the first place?

• 1st series of bgt I've ever watched & I've begrudgingly enjoyed it. Alesha Dixon is so fit!

Dec has proven he's more than capable as a solo presenter

I'd have to disagree. He has single-handedly allowed me to laugh at other peoples misfortunes again, without being made to feel guilty about it.

It's like we're back in the 80's.
  • edited June 2018
    I personally found the comedian with autism a bit ott personally, like the welsh opera singer lad, the magician with the painting is good yet again more urban dance troups which I find as entertaining as watching paint dry
  • I personally found the comedian with autism a bit off personally, like the welsh opera singer lad, the magician with the painting is good yet again more urban dance troups which I find as entertaining as watching paint dry

Probably due to the cerebral palsy.
  • The no voice man is fresh and funny, but his act seems to revolve around one joke! Mind you, you can say that about quite a few comedians! Would be interesting to see how he develops it! You can of course find a handful of good acts, but these were good acts before the show! And they are heavily diluted with so much rubbish.
  • Don't usually like dance acts but I actually enjoyed the routine of those alien guys last night. Thought it was more entertaining than the Diversity wannabes.
  • edited June 2018
    It is because it was different - It still wasn't great though! But if I wanted to watch kids singing or dancing, I'd go to a school production! Actually, that might look a bit dodgy so I probably wouldn't. But I don't want to see it because all the mums and dads who go to those productions keep looking at their watches! I know, I have been there!
  • Sponsored links:

I'd have to disagree. He has single-handedly allowed me to laugh at other peoples misfortunes again, without being made to feel guilty about it.

Just in time for a trip to Kenilworth Rd.
  • I do think singing should not be allowed in bgt, there are already too many shows dedicated to it.
  • Or dancing etc....
  • Talal said:

I do think singing should not be allowed in bgt, there are already too many shows dedicated to it.

I've got no problem with it yet think the Semi-Finals should be categorised based on what your there to do

i.e. One Night for Singers | One for Dancers | One for Comedy | One for Variety etc.

As it is we've currently got a Final of two Comedians (one of those "sings"), six singers and a dance group

I guess though as Simon said yesterday; Comedy isnt his branch so wanted David's opinion on Noel James

Just in time for a trip to Kenilworth Rd.
    You're not looking to ground share with Luton, are you?
  • I personally found the comedian with autism a bit off personally, like the welsh opera singer lad, the magician with the painting is good yet again more urban dance troups which I find as entertaining as watching paint dry

Probably due to the cerebral palsy.
    I think Palarsehater is referring to the one with Aspergers.
  • edited June 2018

Talal said:

I do think singing should not be allowed in bgt, there are already too many shows dedicated to it.

I've got no problem with it yet think the Semi-Finals should be categorised based on what your there to do

i.e. One Night for Singers | One for Dancers | One for Comedy | One for Variety etc.

As it is we've currently got a Final of two Comedians (one of those "sings"), six singers and a dance group

I guess though as Simon said yesterday; Comedy isnt his branch so wanted David's opinion on Noel James
    Don't think I could sit through a whole show of one category! Going to be a painful final for me with all those singers but the gf loves it so expect I will have to suffer it.

• edited June 2018
    Talal said:

Talal said:

Don't think I could sit through a whole show of one category! Going to be a painful final for me with all those singers but the gf loves it so expect I will have to suffer it.
    Just keep reminding her that you watching this for her, is preparation for her watching the whole World Cup with you
  • At least a dog won't win for a change...
  • Back in 2001 ish 15 year old me met Alesha Dixon, she was hot as.....in real life and I had a little trouble hiding my appreciation of her looks from her, she was also lovely.

As for BGT, meh....its not been great for a few years now.