Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Planning for next season...

Is it happening? Who will be our manager? Who's renewing/terminating contracts? Who is identifying potential summer signings? Who's organising the pre season programme? Who's in charge?

What a mess we are. Just sod off Roland so we can get our club back.

Comments

• Dont worry... Season Tickets go on sale tomorrow...
  • And I guess that the terminating of Contracts will fall to Lee Bowyer and Richard Murray to decide, if its someone like Ahmed Kashi (who they'll maybe want to re-sign) they'll be hoping that the player will return to Sparrows Lane for pre-season depending on further interest

Any U23 Players who are out of contract will probably have their future decided with Jason Euell may be having any input on whether its worth trying to keep them around for the same reason as already mentioned.

In a way if the takeover isnt decided till August then staying in League One will be a saving grace - If we go up via. the Play-Offs then we're going to be ridiculously under prepared for life back in the Championship and results could end up being embarrassing if / when Roland shows no interest.
  • Nobody is going to be re-signed while Roland is owner, so no decisions to make. Kashi will be off for warmer climes, whether Bow wants him to stay or not. Bow will make any decisions that need to be made while he is caretaker boss, but that won't mean spending any money.
  • If RD is still the owner we'll be in a relegation battle next season with crowds around the 5000 mark. There will be no planning.
  • We have a plan?
  • thats early - usually a week later in mid July.
  • thats early - usually a week later in mid July.

It’s because we will have so many new players to bed in.

• edited May 2018

A disgraceful thing to say.

• Sponsored links:

• A couple of seasons ago Russell Slade was reportedly appalled that nobody at the club had given the players a date to report back for pre-season training. Who at the club has done so this time? Murray? Chris Parkes? Bowyer - who is presumably no longer employed by the club? Who is requesting the opposition for pre-season friendlies? Who is leading on football matters?

I just hope the new owners have this all in hand behind the scenes, and we don’t know about it.
  • edited May 2018
    SX_Addick said:

A couple of seasons ago Russell Slade was reportedly appalled that nobody at the club had given the players a date to report back for pre-season training. Who at the club has done so this time? Murray? Chris Parkes? Bowyer - who is presumably no longer employed by the club? Who is requesting the opposition for pre-season friendlies? Who is leading on football matters?

I just hope the new owners have this all in hand behind the scenes, and we don’t know about it.

Unless and until it is announced formally I see no reason to presume that Lee Bowyer isn't still the first team manager. As such I'm sure a date for a return to pre-season training has been given to the players and that Lee is still leading on first team matters - including having input into pre-season opposition.

We may not have have a CEO or CFO but business continues, and sometimes more effectively without them!
  • I thought Bowyer was given the job until the end of the season. Either way do you @bobmunro think Bowyer is putting the pre-season plans together?
  • SX_Addick said:

I thought Bowyer was given the job until the end of the season. Either way do you @bobmunro think Bowyer is putting the pre-season plans together?

In terms of returning to pre-season training - yes. Pre-season friendlies will follow a similar pattern to previous years and will be organised by the Club Secretary.
  • Can't wait for RD to eff off. Surely other clubs' managers have already begun recruitment work? We don't even know who the manager will be! It will negatively affect the preseason preparation if the takeover drags on.
  • I would like to think that if the new owners are confident of buying the club. they will already have spoken to their choice of manager, (yes I know, they have said they have names in mind), and learnt the requirements and I would then expect our Head of Recruitment: Steve Gallen to already be working on them.
  • Crawley away 21st July, friendly match arranged.
  • Crawley away 21st July, friendly match arranged.

Could be a job interview
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

I would like to think that if the new owners are confident of buying the club. they will already have spoken to their choice of manager, (yes I know, they have said they have names in mind), and learnt the requirements and I would then expect our Head of Recruitment: Steve Gallen to already be working on them.

Sorry Ross I admire your optimism but if you are under the impression that is going on behind the scenes I fear you may be in for a shock.
  • Being played in East Grinstead too and not @ Crawley

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b067d2e53084/charlton-to-face-crawley-town-at-east-grinstead-in-pre-season

Nice chance for the real Charlton fan to slip in some sightseeing on the Bluebell Railway beforehand..

And tick off a new ground.

Souvenir flasks and anoraks should be sold for the occasion :smile:
  • Played on their ground twice for under 18’s and reserve team football. Hundred percent record at their ground.
  • Played on their ground twice for under 18’s and reserve team football. Hundred percent record at their ground.

Bring yer boots your playing
  • edited May 2018
    The longer things go on, the better placed Bowyer will be I think.
  • The longer things go on, the better placed Bowyer will be I think.

Not on the transfer market, it won’t.
  • edited May 2018
    You are right, but Bowyer is well placed to have a decent insight as to what is needed and if time is your enemy, you need a manager with that. We all know the problems, we don't score enough goals and we get bullied too easily. That can probably be solved with two or three additions, and not throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but getting those additions right will not be easy unless we have silly money to throw about! And the longer this drags on, the more likely the players who might make a difference, may have gone elsewhere!
  • Being played in East Grinstead too and not @ Crawley

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b067d2e53084/charlton-to-face-crawley-town-at-east-grinstead-in-pre-season

Nice chance for the real Charlton fan to slip in some sightseeing on the Bluebell Railway beforehand..

East Grinstead is just a short drive through country lanes for me. I'll be there.
  • Oh I don’t know. Some players spend the summer playing clubs off against each other to get the best offer they can and then are surprised they are then unfit and there whole season is disrupted a la Ben Reeves. At this rate Duchatelet’s parting gift will be fucking up next season too.
  • Oh I don’t know. Some players spend the summer playing clubs off against each other to get the best offer they can and then are surprised they are then unfit and there whole season is disrupted a la Ben Reeves. At this rate Duchatelet’s parting gift will be fucking up next season too.

Roland is the rotten gift that just keeps on giving.