Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• He shouldn't have been able to resign, shouda got the pump
  • Bunch of Nazis ;-)
  • Corbyn soft on Anti -semitism?

Never!
  • edited May 2018
    He couldn't be expelled as he had a legal defence rather than a moral one. The Labour party tried to expel him. I'd be surprised if he wasn't asked to resign by Corbyn.
  • I would
  • Yes but you would wouldn't you!

Not just me, there's quite a few people that wouldn't agree with your theory, including the Jewish leaders who met Corbyn in April.

Don't shoot the messenger...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018

Yes but you would wouldn't you!

Not just me, there's quite a few people that wouldn't agree with your theory, including the Jewish leaders who met Corbyn in April.

Well strangely enough some would criticise Corbyn if he had done so - stating he should have sacked him. Surprised you didn't attack him from this angle as I wasn't praising or slagging him off in my theory, just observing that he probably was asked to resign which isn't really that incredible a theory, even if that is all it is.

Neither you are I are messengers, just speculators.

Well strangely enough some would criticise Corbyn if he had done so - stating he should have sacked him. Surprised you didn't attack him from this angle as I wasn't praising or slagging him off in my theory, just observing that he probably was asked to resign which isn't really that incredible a theory, even if that is all it is.

So Corbyn has down precious little to sort out the reputation of both himself and his party regarding anti-semitism, but when one of their worst offenders resigns, you wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't asked to by...... Corbyn?
  • Great . Another political thread .

So Corbyn has down precious little to sort out the reputation of both himself and his party regarding anti-semitism, but when one of their worst offenders resigns, you wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't asked to by...... Corbyn?
    Well you may not have noticed that Corbyn has been under fire for not doing enough - Many would say too late - so taking actions now shouldn't be too far a stretch really!
  • Great . Another political thread .

We finally have our Labour thread back. Assemble!
  • edited May 2018
    So you liked my post for suggesting he acted too late because it is negative about Corbyn? But your post suggested he wouldn't ask him to resign - because you thought I was praising Corbyn in my OP when I wasn't. But as long as the theory is critical of Corbyn you don't care! Fair enough!
  • Leuth said:

Great . Another political thread .

We finally have our Labour thread back. Assemble!
    Come back to the cricket threads far more pleasant
  • On lbc now
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

I'm keeping a tally of people saying that this proves Corbyn is a racist

I certainly don’t think Corbyn is actually racist. But I do think he is very conflicted over a number of issues - the behaviour of Israel’s government being the most apposite example, given his long-time support for the Palestinians. When Corbyn is conflicted he seems to be unable to act and such inaction means journalists jump to conclusions. What Corbyn should have been doing is going full-out on the record about where he stands on many issues - Livingstone, anti-semitism within the Labour Party generally, Brexit.... and if he is going on the record he needs a new press team who are clearly incapable of getting his point into the media.

Livingstone probably has been able to avoid getting the boot from Labour because his argument is that journalists have emphasised incorrectly what he said. He should have made that clear at the time - but as is the case with Red Ken, why be awkward when with a little more effort you can be bloody impossible.

Corbyn probably should have made Livingstone the cause of the issue from the very off - not the Labour Party - to avoid the fallout that’s happened.
  • Some people tend to mix antisemitism with those that are against the Israeli Government policies. I’m not quite about Ken as I have not read the book he was referring to when he said Hitler was a Zionist. Has any poster read into his quote?
  • Solidgone said:

Some people tend to mix antisemitism with those that are against the Israeli Government policies. I’m not quite about Ken as I have not read the book he was referring to when he said Hitler was a Zionist. Has any poster read into his quote?

That is very much the case - and is partly why I think Corbyn is conflicted over the anti-Semitic issues.
    No idea on the quote but given the sensitivity of such a remark it’s either naive or brazen to either extreme not to handle it with extreme care or indeed to mention it at all.
  • Solidgone said:

Some people tend to mix antisemitism with those that are against the Israeli Government policies. I’m not quite about Ken as I have not read the book he was referring to when he said Hitler was a Zionist. Has any poster read into his quote?

the usual nonsense line trotted out by Labour anti-semites. "Oh, were not anti-semitic, just anti- Israel policies" only they then go on to use the most vile abuse including holocaust denial, repeating the blood libel, talking about world Jewry and the how the Rothchilds and Jews control the world and on and on.

This is Livingstone track record of anti-antisemitism

More example of racism from Labour members, officials and candidates

https://www.facebook.com/labouragainstAS/

https://twitter.com/LabourAgainstAS
  • Solidgone said:

the usual nonsense line trotted out by Labour anti-semites. "Oh, were not anti-semitic, just anti- Israel policies" only they then go on to use the most vile abuse including holocaust denial, repeating the blood libel, talking about world Jewry and the how the Rothchilds and Jews control the world and on and on.

This is Livingstone track record of anti-antisemitism

More example of racism from Labour members, officials and candidates

https://www.facebook.com/labouragainstAS/

https://twitter.com/LabourAgainstAS
    i think there are people labour or otherwise who are capable of being against a lot of Israel policies and without holding those type of negative views on Jews.
    absolutely but there are plenty within Labour who aren't capable and who are allowed by their party to trot out stuff that wouldn't be out of place in a far right party. They then start the "whatabout-ism" and "Israel" does this or that.
  • He couldn't be expelled as he had a legal defence rather than a moral one. The Labour party tried to expel him. I'd be surprised if he wasn't asked to resign by Corbyn.

I think you're probably right.

The attached link explains how the Labour Party NEC Disputes Panel and National Constitutional Committee operate in cases where accusations are made against members.

Whatever his personal feelings Corbyn as leader cannot decide to expel someone (or alternatively dismiss accusations that are made).

http://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/who-will-decide-ken-livingstones-fate-and-what-options-do-they-have-2/
  • Tip of the ice berg.