Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Strangest football appointment of the day

Diego Maradona has been appointed as chairman of Belarusian top-flight side Dinamo Brest.

The Argentina legend, 57, has signed a three-year deal and will take up the role after the World Cup.

Maradona left his position as coach of Al Fujairah last month after missing out on automatic promotion from the United Arab Emirates' second division.

Dinamo are based in Brest, in south-west Belarus, on the border with Poland.

They are eighth in the Belarusian Premier League and face Bate Borisov in the Belarusian Cup final on Saturday.

The club say Maradona's role will see him "deal with strategic development of the club".

Would bet every penny i have that he will not see out the full 3 years.

Comments

• $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • edited May 2018

All together now

You put your left hand in, left hand out, in out in out you shake it all about , you do the Maradona and you score a goal, that’s what it’s all about , Oh Diego Maradona...

You looking forward to Scotland's chances in the World Cup this year mate? - Ohhh yeaaa.... ;)
  • All together now

You put your left hand in, left hand out, in out in out you shake it all about , you do the Maradona and you score a goal, that’s what it’s all about , Oh Diego Maradona...

Highlight of Scottish football fans' summers is looking forward to England's demise.

Akin to the cuckolded husband stalking the ex and giggling as her and her new lover have a tiff before going back to the bedsit to cry wank and binge on Irn Bru and battered heroin.
    Pretty much, that and hearts having a pre season game at Fulham.
  • Shit weather, especially in the winter......a very bleak neck of the woods too!
  • All together now

Highlight of Scottish football fans' summers is looking forward to England's demise.

Akin to the cuckolded husband stalking the ex and giggling as her and her new lover have a tiff before going back to the bedsit to cry wank and binge on Irn Bru and battered heroin.
    'Battered heroin' made me actually LOL.
  • Shit weather, especially in the winter......a very bleak neck of the woods too!

I'm sure there will be plenty of snow.
  • Has he just been told to go into rehab in this picture?
  • Sponsored links:

• All together now

Sounds better than the night up The Millers I had planned.