Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who wants to be a millionaire

Anyone watching this? Quite like Jezza so far - bit Anne Robinson-esque with the put downs instead of the sycophantic Tarrant which kind of breathes a bit of life in what is otherwise a very tired format.

Also like the new addition of the ask the host lifeline, although don't see the need in the moving the safety net thing...

Comments

• I know they probably didn't want to blow the load on the first night but they could have vetted these contestants a bit - thick as pig shit the lot of them
  • Who wants to be a millionaire?

Start being a billionaire, then buy a football club.
  • Can't stand him, opinionated buffoon.
  • Rubbish contestants. I remember back at the original series they would regularly get people who won 32-80,000 and those going away with just a grand were few and far between.
  • Like most of these shows any contestant born after 1990 is like Forest Gump on a slow day.

Good luck Jezza. I am sure your usual detractors will be along soon.
  • Like most of these shows any contestant born after 1990 is like Forest Gump on a slow day.

University Challenge?

Yes. We should all be clones and should be afraid to have opinions

Everyone 28 or younger are thick then are they?

I don't like that prick Clarkson
  • Sponsored links:

• JC is alright as far as enemies of all things holy go
  • edited May 2018
    Stig said:

Like most of these shows any contestant born after 1990 is like Forest Gump on a slow day.

University Challenge?
    Is that the one where you have to push the counters over the moving shelves?

That description covers the majority of TV personalities.
  • Christ they've got some dum dums on haven't they

Ricky Holmes was buggered from the start
  • Far too slow moving for me, and the contestants hardly had a brain cell between them.
  • Much prefered CT
  • In which county is Blackpool?
    what the shining fuck?
    How JC avoided ripping the piss out of the dullard is beyond me.
    "I'm not from round here" no shit.
  • Anyone watching this? Quite like Jezza so far - bit Anne Robinson-esque with the put downs instead of the sycophantic Tarrant which kind of breathes a bit of life in what is otherwise a very tired format.

Also like the new addition of the ask the host lifeline, although don't see the need in the moving the safety net thing...

Will this make Muzza another fortune and allow him to buy out Roland (as long as he remembers to settle the debt to himself and his former-ask-a-friends first??)
  • do you think Richard Murray is collecting royalties on this show?
  • Think every contestant so far has been exceptionally dopey! Not knowing the simplest of answers is one thing, but more than a few not even using all their lifelines and recklessly guessing questions when they should be taking the money and running... and then predictably losing thousands! It's like they have forgotten how the show works.

Still liking Jezza as host although he seems to have turned back the dial a bit on the sarcasm and put downs etc the last few shows which is a bit of a shame as that was what made the show stand out and made it more interesting on the first night for me.

As for Murray... well I don't think it is doing that well in the ratings, I think I read around 4M which is still pretty ok these days with so much to chose from but only about a third of it's heyday so probably not making the same kind of advertising dough as before! Also i'm pretty sure they made most of the money from flogging the international rights anyway more than the UK show although I stand to be corrected on that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jez still needs to get the knack that tarrant had and leaning back in his chair and saying “.. why do you think that?” After they say final answer and then watching them splutter and shit themselves about a pretty simple question was quality tv.
  • An ibex is a goat, never heard of an ipex.
  • An ibex is a goat, never heard of an ipex.

How the F***k can outcorrect change ibex to ipex wtf is ipex lol
  • Immunodysregulation polyendocrinopathy enteropathy X-linked syndrome, a rare disease linked to the dysfunction of the transcriptional activator FoxP3, of course.
    everyone knows that without even phoning a friend.
  • Jeremy Clarkson on bus lanes......

“Why do poor people have to get to places faster than me”.

Jokes aside I like him and also think he has breathed some new life in to this
  • Clarkson has been brilliant. Thoroughly enjoyed this week.
  • I thought it was a deer - would have lost the dosh too. Thought Clarkson did a good job, but a good way to keep it fresh would be to keep changing presenters.
  • edited May 2018

An ibex is a goat, never heard of an ipex.

It’s certainly not a goat....it’s a species of deer.
    There is however a species of Mountain Goat called Alpine Ibex.
    So Clarkson and the contestant were in fact correct!
  • edited May 2018
    it's 100% a type of goat look it up! If you look at a picture of one it is obvious as well.

Alpine ibex (Capra ibex)
    Nubian ibex (Capra nubiana)
    Spanish ibex (Capra pyrenaica)
    Siberian ibex (Capra sibirica)
    Walia ibex (Capra walie)

All goats