Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Queen Elizabeth II

I watched her 92nd birthday mini concert at the Royal Albert hall on the old box a few days ago.

She looked so miserable and unimpressed throughout it. It was almost like, a 92 year old woman wasn't going to appreciate or be very interested in a live performance from shaggy. She probably would have preferred to stay home for her birthday. Usually....when it's your birthday, you are the one that organises an event or her close ones do it for her.
It didn't seem very tailored towards what she might genuinely enjoy.

The rest of the Royal family looked a bit off too. It was a "less then content" facial expression among them.

I want to know....how much of a true honest national treasure is she?

I saw the show she did with Attenborough, and she appeared to be a sweet old lady that really cares for the commonwealth and works hard towards a greater good.
An inspiration for someone of her age.

But is that what they want and need us to believe?

Just how special is our queen?

Are human beings quite weird?

Do we get easily sucked into things...and are easily persuaded?

To be honest....I prefer to believe she is something that is worth being proud of.

All the fuss the Royal family get....are we ignoring that they are just people like you and I, because we are so attracted to a power status and follow a particular social structure?

"Family on benefits have 3rd child"

No....but sort of.

Comments

• I work with a few Americans who think the sun shines out of her backside.

Whilst I am a royalist and love the fact we are not a republic, I think she's appreciated more by those outside of the UK (I may be wrong here, just the impression I get).
  • Fucks sake!! How are we ever gonna sort the Labour party when you keep diverting us to threads like this?

Got a lot of admiration for Her Maj. Once she has gone though, i care not a jot for the rest of the circus...
  • edited April 2018
    If we can't get by without a royal family I'd prefer them to be low profile like some of their European contemporaries. The sycophantic worship that the media throws at them gets under my skin.
  • edited April 2018
    She is 92 - what 92 year old would fancy a Shaggy concert?
  • I work with a few Americans who think the sun shines out of her backside.

Whilst I am a royalist and love the fact we are not a republic, I think she's appreciated more by those outside of the UK (I may be wrong here, just the impression I get).

Yeh she is probably more admired elsewhere.

I know Canadians that are pissed off her face is on their $20 notes though.
  • She looks a little unwell to me. Time to hand over the reigns (see what I did there) I think.
  • I just wish she would smile a bit more, some of the people waiting to get a glimpse of her have waited in the wind, rain and boiling sun for hours and travelled miles for the previlage.

All they get for their troubles is a sour faced look as if she is looking down her nose at them.

However put her anywhere near horses and race tracks away from "her people" and she is all smiles.
  • Thought they'd been forced to close the Bridge for a second when I first saw the thread...
  • The fact she had to have her last corgi put to sleep recently probably didn't help the situation.

• Picking on 92 year old women now. Are we turning into Palace?
  • Sponsored links:

• Bites tongue

God Save the Queen
  • Don’t rise to those who will find themselves in the tower Smudge

The green eyed monster is playing with them and the jealousy will turn them bitter
  • Picking on 92 year old women now. Are we turning into Palace?

Because she's a royal she has another birthday in June.

Organise a protest.
  • Phillip looks like a randy bugger. I bet she's got an arse like a broken catflap.