Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018/9 Loyalty Scheme-Brand-new ticketing software

I thought I would start a separate thread about this new scheme which was added into the new season ticket renewal information.

Brand-new ticketing software will be introduced for 2018/19, which will see Charlton integrate a loyalty points scheme for the first time.

The loyalty scheme and new design will incorporate changes requested by supporters, and responses from a recent Fans’ Forum meeting, to help improve the ticket booking process for all fans.

Charlton supporters have expressed a desire for the club to introduce a loyalty scheme and for tickets for in-demand matches to be made available on a points-dependent basis.

This will come into play for 2018/19 and Valley Gold members will also retain their priority when purchasing tickets for in-demand matches.

Launching in the summer, the new software aims to improve and simplify the online journey for supporters who purchase match tickets and season tickets online.

Following its launch, disabled match tickets and hospitality packages will be available to buy online, as well as in person or by phone, and all supporters registered on the new database will receive their own, physical membership card.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ace74288f5f9/brand-new-ticketing-software-to-be-introduced-for-201819

Comments

• Hopefully the new system doesn't take away my favourite feature - upgrade your concession ticket to an adult for £4... now you have an adult and a concession ticket :smiley:
  • This could work out quite nicely.
    Next season when we are no doubt in league one with minimal demand for most fixtures the system can be used to iron out any teething problems in time for our assault on the premiership/champions league.
  • Will the loyalty scheme mean that there is no need to join Valley Gold & will this seasons away attendance be accounted for?
  • clive said:

Will the loyalty scheme mean that there is no need to join Valley Gold & will this seasons away attendance be accounted for?

This will come into play for 2018/19 and Valley Gold members will also retain their priority when purchasing tickets for in-demand matches.

Going by this I can only presume that Valley Gold Members will continue to first pick...

Guess tickets will then become available to Season Ticket holders and Loyalty Scheme Members, either that or Loyalty Scheme will simply be an additional third phase before a ticket goes on General Sale
  • A suggestion for the loyalty points system.
    100 points - Valley Gold members
    75 points - Season ticket holders
    30 points - Scunthorpe,Blackpool away etc
    20 points -Northampton,MK Dons away etc
    10 points Gillingham,Portsmouth away etc
  • do valley gold members still get first dib for them and a guest?
    If so the system is still flawed.
    I could’ve never attended a match but if I knew a valley golder would be able to get a ticket before seb (if he isn’t in vg).
  • Exactly my thought.
    I have no problem with season ticket holders getting in first but there is no reason why their friends and family should get preference as well
  • do valley gold members still get first dib for them and a guest?
    I could’ve never attended a match but if I knew a valley golder would be able to get a ticket before seb (if he isn’t in vg).

You get 2 tickets per membership, same as each ST holder gets 2. That system makes total sense because barely anyone travels to games alone.

This whole debate is ludicrous. How many games have we sold out this year? Can't even shift 2k for a possible playoff decider v Pompey, and you want to decrease the number of tickets people can get to 1 per person?

• Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:

do valley gold members still get first dib for them and a guest?

You get 2 tickets per membership, same as each ST holder gets 2. That system makes total sense because barely anyone travels to games alone.

This whole debate is ludicrous. How many games have we sold out this year? Can't even shift 2k for a possible playoff decider v Pompey, and you want to decrease the number of tickets people can get to 1 per person?

no, I want to keep it like it is.
    As someone who has only attended the Pompey home game (on a freebie) this season, it’s good to know that if a big game comes up and we only get a paltry allocation, because my mate (who has attended a whole handful of games this year) is in vg, we’re both sorted.
    As you say. Makes total sense.
  • Should only be able to get one ticket even if youve got season ticket and valley gold.
  • clb74 said:

Should only be able to get one ticket even if youve got season ticket and valley gold.

Why? Who travels alone to away matches? Giving 2 per membership is hardly an issue given the current following we get, even with all those only doing aways ;)
  • clive said:

A suggestion for the loyalty points system.
    100 points - Valley Gold members
    75 points - Season ticket holders
    30 points - Scunthorpe,Blackpool away etc
    20 points -Northampton,MK Dons away etc
    10 points Gillingham,Portsmouth away etc

So a Northern-based addick can get more points going to their local game ??

I also think that 2 tickets per member (whether VG, ST holder or whoever) should stand, but only 1 lot of 2 per member (ie, if you are both VG AND a ST holder you only get 2 tickets). There must be lots of couples who go together (Fanny & hubby for example) who only one will be VG (why would both sign up ?)
  • Croydon said:

clb74 said:

Should only be able to get one ticket even if youve got season ticket and valley gold.

Why? Who travels alone to away matches? Giving 2 per membership is hardly an issue given the current following we get, even with all those only doing aways ;)
    Dont wind me up Croydon you know thats a myth about those only doing the aways.
    Makes it fairer for people.
    I as a season ticket vg holder can get an extra ticket and give to whoever i please apart from elfsborg.
    That friend might not have been to a game for a few years is that fair.
    Of course the good thing with charlton it only happens once in a blue moon.
    But afc Wimbledon last season was an eye opener
  • clb74 said:

Croydon said:

clb74 said:

I as a season ticket vg holder can get an extra ticket and give to whoever i please apart from elfsborg.
    Wimbledon was an eye opener for you when you saw your change from the round!
  • Or leave it as 2 per VG and ST for most games but just adapt it back to 1 for the rare high demand games. Simple.

Those saying we don’t need it though..... IF we went up and IF Roland left, I think we’d see a spike in away support next season, so it could become an issue plus we know the FA Cup can attract unusually high numbers at times.
  • clb74 said:

Croydon said:

clb74 said:

Sorry mate, couldn't resist
  • edited April 2018

Or leave it as 2 per VG and ST for most games but just adapt it back to 1 for the rare high demand games. Simple.

Those saying we don’t need it though..... IF we went up and IF Roland left, I think we’d see a spike in away support next season, so it could become an issue plus we know the FA Cup can attract unusually high numbers at times.

If Roland left, then presumably all those that left Valley Gold will return to it and so there will be more with VG eligibility. Keep it at 2 for VG whatever the away game, that funding over the years has stood us in good stead and it should be rewarded and encouraged.
  • Sponsored links:

• Or leave it as 2 per VG and ST for most games but just adapt it back to 1 for the rare high demand games. Simple.

If Roland left, then presumably all those that left Valley Gold will return to it and so there will be more with VG eligibility. Keep it at 2 for VG whatever the away game, that funding over the years has stood us in good stead and it should be rewarded and encouraged.
    But those with VG could miss out on a ticket because berts bought his mate arnie a ticket whose not been for 3 years
  • clb74 said:

Or leave it as 2 per VG and ST for most games but just adapt it back to 1 for the rare high demand games. Simple.

But those with VG could miss out on a ticket because berts bought his mate arnie a ticket whose not been for 3 years
    Bert’s not been for 3 years and arnie’s a Palace fan. Still, they’ll be more deserving than someone like Sebastian who’s been to every game since 1905 but is not in VG.
  • So today I brought 2 tickets

1 for tomorrow
    1 for an evening with Chris Solly

Was going to buy 1 for FA Cup replay but not on sale yet.

Anyway I got 5 whole points haha, assuming I didnt earn any for the evening with Chris Solly then
  • So today I brought 2 tickets

1 for tomorrow

Anyway I got 5 whole points haha, assuming I didnt earn any for the evening with Chris Solly then

You got 5 points for tomorrow that's taking the p!ss
  • clb74 said:

So today I brought 2 tickets

1 for tomorrow

You got 5 points for tomorrow that's taking the p!ss
    The bus I took from Nottingham to Mansfield yesterday took the p***.
  • think the system is unfair as the Lass and I buy our tickets separately and therefore neither of us have sufficient points, even with ST's for anything, don't understand why a partner's points can't be consolidated
  • Why doesn't one of you buy the tickets at the same time & link the purchase to others account so you both get loyalty points.
  • think the system is unfair as the Lass and I buy our tickets separately and therefore neither of us have sufficient points, even with ST's for anything, don't understand why a partner's points can't be consolidated

I don't think it would work like that anyway.

If I buy tickets for my daughters I link to their Fan ID and they get points also, all three of us have the same points.

When I've bought tickets for others (without a fan ID) I only get points for one ticket. I.E. I bought 4 extra tickets for Wembley (on top of the usual 3) I didn't earn any extra points for those 4.

So even if only one of you bought the tickets for both, you'd still only get the same amount of points each. I guess otherwise you could buy say 15 home tickets for one match for mates and get 150 points.