Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I did a book as well

Lookit me, I wrote book

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/154324677X

I published it nearly a year ago. Haven't mentioned it on here because frankly who wants to read 500 pages of pretentious drivel*? BUT ON THE OFFCHANCE YOU DO...well, there it is. If you can't be asked to shell out £10 then I have a few copies and will gladly send one over.

(the one review is a pisstake, use my own words against me why dontcha)

*freewheeling postmodern psychedelia ;)

Comments

• Leuth said:

Lookit me, I wrote book

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/154324677X

I published it nearly a year ago. Haven't mentioned it on here because frankly who wants to read 500 pages of pretentious drivel*? BUT ON THE OFFCHANCE YOU DO...well, there it is. If you can't be asked to shell out £10 then I have a few copies and will gladly send one over.

(the one review is a pisstake, use my own words against me why dontcha)

*freewheeling postmodern psychedelia ;)

Are you gonna behave like Greta Garbo or Sid Snot?
  • edited February 2018
    I took a look mate, I have no idea if its good or bad, it appears to be written in a different language than I can understand. I have to confess I would spend more time looking at a Thesaurus then reeding the book.
    Good luck with the book.
  • is Dolly Katrien and Victor Roland?
  • Isn't a head transplant, actually a body transplant?

The semantics of this are thoroughly, one might even say exhaustingvely explored
  • is Dolly Katrien and Victor Roland?

There's one fairly obvious Charlton allusion but sadly this was begun well before Roland was ever a glimmer in Michael Slater's eye
  • Leuth said:

Isn't a head transplant, actually a body transplant?

The semantics of this are thoroughly, one might even say exhaustingvely explored
    Not sure it's a question of semantics in terms of a person's individuality and consciousness - one is right and one is wrong!

I'll dip into the book, Leuth, and let you know. 500 pages you say?
  • bobmunro said:

Leuth said:

Isn't a head transplant, actually a body transplant?

Not sure it's a question of semantics in terms of a person's individuality and consciousness - one is right and one is wrong!

I'll dip into the book, Leuth, and let you know. 500 pages you say?
    Hang on - I've just read the synopsis. Not sure it's my type of read!!

That aside, you must have got hold of some really good gear!

• 500 pages of very small type. It's nearly 250,000 words. Sorry everyone who even looks at it.

(And yes, of course it's functionally a body transplant, but the complex feelings of guilt brought about by suddenly having someone else's body - and the extent to which you feel like you are them - are explored...but sure, the blurb is ripe for pedantry :cry: )
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it a bit Will Self wannabe?

I've never read him! But I gather it's for if you thought Will Self wasn't maddening enough
  • Leuth said:

Is it a bit Will Self wannabe?

I've never read him! But I gather it's for if you thought Will Self wasn't maddening enough
    Oh, you must. Can I recommend 'The Book of Dave'?

Sounds like it's probably a touch of Kurt Vonnegut, only a bit lot weirder. Some geyser apparently morphs into an aeroplane called England.
  • bobmunro said:

Sounds like it's probably a touch of Kurt Vonnegut, only a bit lot weirder. Some geyser apparently morphs into an aeroplane called England.
    Isn't he the chief Brexit representative for the European parliament? :wink:
  • bobmunro said:

Isn't he the chief Brexit representative for the European parliament? :wink:
    That's him.

• Leuth said:

Is it all a bit Iain Sinclair?

• edited February 2018
    If you threw Sinclair, Pynchon and Douglas Adams in a blender you might get something in the ballpark. (Apparently it's also a bit David Foster Wallace, although I hadn't read any of his work until after I'd finished.) I suppose you'd believe it if I said that 3/4 of the way through there's a 25-page stretch of actual travel writing. You can literally do anything when you publish yourself!
  • More importantly where can we read your award winning 2004 wisden and test match special young cricket writer of the year article?
  • MrOneLung said:

More importantly where can we read your award winning 2004 wisden and test match special young cricket writer of the year article?

Do The Wisden Cricketer sell archive copies? :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Checked out the review on Amazon, Leuth ....... 5-star review.
    Somebody enjoyed it.

Well done, anyway. There won't be too many posters on CL who have written and published a book.

• Leuth said:

If you threw Sinclair, Pynchon and Douglas Adams in a blender you might get something in the ballpark. (Apparently it's also a bit David Foster Wallace although I hadn't read any of his work until after I'd finished.) I suppose you'd believe it if I said that 3/4 of the way through there's a 25-page stretch of actual travel writing. You can literally do anything when you publish yourself!

Does that mean it’s got endless footnotes like DFW?
  • Murakami?
  • What's that David Foster Wallace book set in and around the tennis academy? Still haven't finished that after about three years.
  • Acid trip when you were writing? :)
  • edited February 2018
    JamesSeed said:

Murakami?

You're disgusting!
    @Curb_It @Arsenetatters please don't google this.....
  • hawksmoor said:

What's that David Foster Wallace book set in and around the tennis academy? Still haven't finished that after about three years.

Infinite Jest
  • edited February 2018
    Anyone else surprised Leuthuis is only 30/31?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Anyone else surprised Leuthuis is only 30/31?

No but I am surprised that he admits to being a bird watcher in Charlton - expecting his updated "About The Author" to reflect his move up north to Sheffield.