Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mavididi re-signs on loan until end of season (ed. Italy beckons)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

Croydon said:

Was it his hamstring last season as well?

Our policy of singing injury prone players is so frustrating. Looking forward to Golfie's reaction though...

He didn't get these major hamstring injuries at Preston though?
    He didn't play at Preston!
    He played in 10 games for them? On average he played 33 minutes per game.
    Fair enough. What I was trying to say is that he was hardly a regular at Preston and as I understand it, towards the end almost entirely a substitute.
  • It's a shame any which way it's spun.
  • If we send him back can we get another loanee in, is that a possibility?
  • Back in the 1970s when we were in the 3rd tier of English football we would use 20 players all season in the League. Last season we used 33. There are a number of reasons for the change - more injuries, players less willing to play with knocks and younger players getting more of a chance in the top two divisions in those days (and I don't even think that there was a loan system in place anyway), less allegiance to the Club etc etc.

This is the way things are nowadays. However, Sheffield United last season, when they won the League by a country mile with 100 points, had 9 players involved in at least 36 of the 46 League games. When we won with 101 points in 2011/12 we, too, had 9 players playing at least 36 League games. This season we will be lucky if 5 play that many. And whilst both sides recruited well, neither burst the bank to win the League.

So, it is all about continuity and getting the right players in - ones that are good enough, that don't have a history of injury (and I'm not necessarily including Mavididi when I say that) and that aren't journeymen or using us as a platform.

Then we might just win this League and not flirt with promotion.

No. No loan deals allowed outside the transfer window in league and Prem.
  • Hahaha...I was unaware that Mavididi played for you. What a pleasant surprise! And the boards reaction is brilliant. You couldn't make this shit up. Classic.

Or something.....

:neutral:
  • Hahaha...I was unaware that Mavididi played for you. What a pleasant surprise! And the boards reaction is brilliant. You couldn't make this shit up. Classic.

Or something.....

Haven't you got something to be punching or a pitch to be invading or something? ;)
  • That's a real shame, he'll be a big miss. Are the loan players available for any play off's?
  • Sponsored links:

• If the loanees aren't available for the playoffs I'm going to go and beat up a tree

Of the forwards, we can only recall Hanlon from Bromley, as they are non-League.
    Not even KAG, as he's at Crawley in League 2.

But then there's our old favourite Nicky Ajose - and the youngsters, of course, Umerah and REEEEEECO.

• Redrobo said:

Call back KAG. We all know this is the first of a few out.

Can't do that now the loan window has closed.

See my previous posts of the KAG thread about what I predicted what KAG left. You couldn't make it up.

Robinson is an arsehole.
  • Oggy Red said:

If we send him back can we get another loanee in, is that a possibility?

Of the forwards, we can only recall Hanlon from Bromley, as they are non-League.
    Not even KAG, as he's at Crawley in League 2.

But then there's our old favourite Nicky Ajose - and the youngsters, of course, Umerah and REEEEEECO.

53.1.2 any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window;

53.1.3 any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between the Transferor Club, the Transferee Club and the Player but can only be completed:

So long as it's in the loan contract and then agreed mutually... any can be recalled.
  • edited February 2018
    blockquote class="Quote" rel="cantersaddick">

Hahaha...I was unaware that Mavididi played for you. What a pleasant surprise! And the boards reaction is brilliant. You couldn't make this shit up. Classic.

Or something.....

Haven't you got something to be punching or a pitch to be invading or something? ;)

maybe a spanner to throw or something?
  • Bye bye play offs.
  • LenGlover said:

Bye bye play offs.

Don't worry Ajose is back.
  • That’s really bad news if not entirely unexpected. He gives us that little something extra. Step up mr Kaikai. This season has been so disappointing on the injury front. Big numbers and important players.

Croydon said:

So is it something our coaching/medical staff are doing wrong? We do seem to be plagued with long term injuries more than most

Resident MK Dons supporter here in peace again.

Saw KR's name crop up along with a few tweets complaining about the injury problems you've had this season and thought I'd share something Robinson related.

One of our 'in the know' supporters who has been proven right with his information time and time again (e.g. the Reeves transfer, David Martin and Lewington training with Charlton etc) reported last year that allegedly when our new manager at the time (Robbie Neilson) joined us shortly after Karl Robinson had been sacked, apparently he was surprised at how poor our fitness regimes and training arrangements were at the club under Robinson - to the point he brought down his own fitness coach from Hearts - not something a new manager usually does with a new club!

Allegedly, players weren't training regularly enough, and there were personal arrangements with players (e.g. being allowed to live far away and drive/commute to training from unreasonable distances) which were unfavourable in terms of recovery and maintaining fitness levels. Think he mentioned that players were given more time off than usual as well, something along those lines (not 100% on that last bit).

Might not be anything and might just be a coincidence, but out fitness levels have improved after Robinson left, and Charlton have had a lot of injury problems in his first full season in charge. Since KR left, we've had 2 long term injuries picked up from games. Our only other injured players were already carrying injuries when we signed them (Pawlett, Aneke and Sow).

Thanks for that. It's perplexing as others have said he's training them too hard. Especially pre season.
  • Redrobo said:

Call back KAG. We all know this is the first of a few out.

Can't do that now the loan window has closed.

See my previous posts of the KAG thread about what I predicted what KAG left. You couldn't make it up.

Robinson is an arsehole.
    He speaks very highly of you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rochdale v spurs.lol.
  • This is exactly the sort of thing that demonstrates why Charlton fans should never get their hopes up.

Take heed all you unhatched chicken counters on the Takeover Thread.
  • cazo said:

Rochdale v spurs.lol.

????
  • That’s really bad news if not entirely unexpected. He gives us that little something extra. Step up mr Kaikai. This season has been so disappointing on the injury front. Big numbers and important players.

Croydon said:

So is it something our coaching/medical staff are doing wrong? We do seem to be plagued with long term injuries more than most

Saw KR's name crop up along with a few tweets complaining about the injury problems you've had this season and thought I'd share something Robinson related.

One of our 'in the know' supporters who has been proven right with his information time and time again (e.g. the Reeves transfer, David Martin and Lewington training with Charlton etc) reported last year that allegedly when our new manager at the time (Robbie Neilson) joined us shortly after Karl Robinson had been sacked, apparently he was surprised at how poor our fitness regimes and training arrangements were at the club under Robinson - to the point he brought down his own fitness coach from Hearts - not something a new manager usually does with a new club!

Allegedly, players weren't training regularly enough, and there were personal arrangements with players (e.g. being allowed to live far away and drive/commute to training from unreasonable distances) which were unfavourable in terms of recovery and maintaining fitness levels. Think he mentioned that players were given more time off than usual as well, something along those lines (not 100% on that last bit).

Might not be anything and might just be a coincidence, but out fitness levels have improved after Robinson left, and Charlton have had a lot of injury problems in his first full season in charge. Since KR left, we've had 2 long term injuries picked up from games. Our only other injured players were already carrying injuries when we signed them (Pawlett, Aneke and Sow).
    Hmmm. Very interesting.

Might be worth asking Fosu and Clarke about the gaffer's training regime when they visit Bromley Addicks.

Croydon said:

Hmmm. Very interesting.

Might be worth asking Fosu and Clarke about the gaffer's training regime when they visit Bromley Addicks.
    Regardless, I always find it interesting to hear the players' opinions of what goes on behind the scenes.

• I am sure @MKDinpeace would agree that we should always be wary of believing these stories too quickly. However one aspect of what he reports fits all too well with what others have reported, that he can seem to be a bit too matey with his players.

I would like to see KR stay on, but if there is any truth in this at all, somebody needs to get hold of him and review this season's injury fiasco with him, because it has been a fiasco.

That said, I still believe that RD/KM will have been cutting the resources for medical and fitness, because its just another cost line on the spreadsheet. That will also have played a role.
  • Bloody hell, poor sod signs for us last season, gets injured and misses out on England glory, signs again and now he's out for eight weeks! Bet he wishes he'd never heard of Charlton!!
  • edited February 2018

I am sure @MKDinpeace would agree that we should always be wary of believing these stories too quickly. However one aspect of what he reports fits all too well with what others have reported, that he can seem to be a bit too matey with his players.

I would like to see KR stay on, but if there is any truth in this at all, somebody needs to get hold of him and review this season's injury fiasco with him, because it has been a fiasco.

That said, I still believe that RD/KM will have been cutting the resources for medical and fitness, because its just another cost line on the spreadsheet. That will also have played a role.

Yeah all good points.

I'm a really big believer that it's hard to ascertain fitness regimes from the outside. And the link between lack of fitness and injuries is not exact.

It's interesting to hear about the alleged problems with Robinson's training regime at MKDons, and thanks for that @MKDinpeace, the insight is greatly appreciated.

It does feel like we run a fair amount less, and certainly press far less, than we did at the beginning of the season, and that all around, especially in the last couple months, we've looked more fatigued. But there's also tactical reasons for not pressing as much, and if there's one thing we know about this league, it's that it's an absolute slog, so I would absolutely expect the players to slow down as the season goes on.

Lastly, how much of the fitness work and levels are down to the manager, and how much are down to the fitness and sports science team? Because Karl Robinson, I pressume, is a man with an education up to 16 who has of course spent a lot of time in football, but I doubt has an extensive medical or scientific knowledge. He probably hand-picked his staff, but I think there's more blame to go around than just blaming Robinson.

Actual final thing, Neilson was at Hearts when Tony Watt was there. Tony Watt looked a stone overweight and was apparently completely unfit when he came back early from his loan last year. So that's...interesting.
  • What on earth is going on at that training ground?
  • se9addick said:

What on earth is going on at that training ground?

Trench warfare