Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Good for him. Is he an addick?
  • Wasn't he also coaching in the academy?

Good luck to him.
  • Nice to see him back, I can't think of too many former players turned kitmen!
  • Welcome (back) Grant.
  • Just a bit of trivia. You dont expect to see Yasir Arafat playing club cricket. Assuming it is the same one I am thinking of.
    http://bromleycricketclub.org.uk/cricket/cricket-news/311-arafat-a-basey-star-as-bromley-beat-dartford
  • pettgra said:

Good for him. Is he an addick?

I know Grant well. You can often see him at the U18 and U23 games.
    He is definitely an Addick and he is also a very good club cricketer for Bromley. He is a smashing lad. All the best Grant.
    Very decent golfer too

Bit more timber now than when he was a pro though ;-)

• pettgra said:

Just a bit of trivia. You dont expect to see Yasir Arafat playing club cricket. Assuming it is the same one I am thinking of.
    http://bromleycricketclub.org.uk/cricket/cricket-news/311-arafat-a-basey-star-as-bromley-beat-dartford

Why not? He's lives locally so playing for his local team.
  • Swisdom said:

pettgra said:

He is definitely an Addick and he is also a very good club cricketer for Bromley. He is a smashing lad. All the best Grant.
    Very decent golfer too

Bit more timber now than when he was a pro though ;-)

Oh to be multi talented or even having just one!
  • Surely in this day and age you are not allowed to say man

Kit Person please ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• next we'll have an ex-player as groundsman....... oh hold on.......

He can't be that old Baey, either that or my memory is going!,
  • glad he's back. whatever the shortcoming's in his game, pace mainly, his career was effectively ended whilst playing for Charlton - should never forget that.
  • Nice to see he's landed on his feet after an injury-ravaged career, kicked off (literally) by that ne'er-do-well Blizzard, who, gratifyingly, retired from football aged 30 after achieving next to nothing in his career
  • edited February 2018
    Rob7Lee said:

next we'll have an ex-player as groundsman....... oh hold on.......

He can't be that old Baey, either that or my memory is going!,

He's 29. Made his debut under Pardew in 07/08.
  • This face tells all.

• "Ouch owww my leg, I'd rather be playing cricket" ;)
  • Last time i saw Grant Basey play was for VCD Athletic against Hampton and Richmond Borough in an FA Cup 1st round qualifying match in 2014. VCD won 3-2
  • pettgra said:

My son, Seb, played against him twice last season (Grant scored 82 and 16 in no time at all) before Seb caught him behind in both games. Despite those matches being Sunday Development games, our Grant wasn't short of a few words for Seb (aged 14) when bowling to him. All part of the learning curve I guess!

Wish him well with this new venture.
  • I have his signed shirt. Pleased for him, and wish him well.
  • Was Blizzard even booked for the hack?
  • Sponsored links:

• pettgra said:

My son, Seb, played against him twice last season (Grant scored 82 and 16 in no time at all) before Seb caught him behind in both games. Despite those matches being Sunday Development games, our Grant wasn't short of a few words for Seb (aged 14) when bowling to him. All part of the learning curve I guess!

Wish him well with this new venture.
    I guess so. He is a great lad grant;however, I hope Seb smacked a few of him. Would serve him right!
  • Addickted said:

Was Blizzard even booked for the hack?

He was, which meant he couldn't be punished retroactively
  • pettgra said:

Talking of smashing, punched a hole through a door when we played Bromley ;-)
  • Leuth said:

Addickted said:

Was Blizzard even booked for the hack?

He was, which meant he couldn't be punished retroactively
    Trevor Kettle strikes again.
  • edited February 2018

Think I was confusing Basey's injury with Todorov's at first.

That Timor (?spelling) from Plymouth wasn't booked yet Styles booked about 6 from each side in that match!

I think Trevor Kettle refereed the Bristol Rovers match where Basey was taken out by that bastard Blizzard.
  • Interesting snippet in the latest VOTV regarding Basey no longer being on the bench at games and not everyone at the club being unhappy about that.

Would seem to confirm the rumours of distasteful training ground bust ups that were going around
  • Interesting snippet in the latest VOTV regarding Basey no longer being on the bench at games and not everyone at the club being unhappy about that.

Would seem to confirm the rumours of distasteful training ground bust ups that were going around
    Haven’t heard any of that. I guess it will emerge.

Haven’t heard any of that. I guess it will emerge.
    It was mentioned on here at the time.

P’raps he turned up at the hotel in Plymouth @AFKABartram
    That would explain it.
    The swine! 

Interesting. Maybe Grant would have been better off sticking to just being the kitman...

I thought Basey's job was more about managing the players out on loan than directly coaching the first team anyway?