Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mavididi re-signs on loan until end of season (ed. Italy beckons)

Comments

• Happy enough. Young, raw but from the little I saw last year he looked like he had something. We need someone with more mobility upfront and he should certainly provide that.
  • Sage said:

Genuinely is a very good young player. The thing that makes him more dangerous is how quick and direct he is. He isn’t afraid of running at defenders, that directness is what we desperately lack when we either don’t have Holmes or he is being double or tripled up on.

Having Mavididi and Holmes in the same side is very good. Defenders will be scared of that, it could also create more space for other players to get into and hurt opponents.

I am happy. We need more of course and this isn’t the signing that Robinson was on about who is in form and scoring goals, that was Doyle, and we are after another striker, but for now, Mavididi is a very good addition.

And, hopefully, Fosu to come back to make a third...
  • edited January 2018
    Let's hope we look after him this time. Don't want another end of season hamstring injury.

http://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/charlton-manager-karl-robinson-blames-12675286
  • How tall is he?
  • Our Season has been saved ... Whoopee DoDoo
  • Good to see him back. Had something about him last time. Certainly an upgrade on Dodoo.

A plank of wood would be an upgrade on Dodoo.
  • Good signing

One more up front and someone in the middle as well please
  • He will be a good foil for Josh as long as he plays near him and is not stuck out on the wing.
  • We sign someone who hasn't scored a league goal in his career.

Peterborough on the cusp of signing someone who has just scored 13 goal so far this season in this league.

I know who my money's on for getting into the play-offs.

Numpties..........get out of our club & let someone who has ambition take us over.

This. And we managed to injure him last time. Let's see how this pans out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

Genuinely is a very good young player. The thing that makes him more dangerous is how quick and direct he is. He isn’t afraid of running at defenders, that directness is what we desperately lack when we either don’t have Holmes or he is being double or tripled up on.

Having Mavididi and Holmes in the same side is very good. Defenders will be scared of that, it could also create more space for other players to get into and hurt opponents.

I am happy. We need more of course and this isn’t the signing that Robinson was on about who is in form and scoring goals, that was Doyle, and we are after another striker, but for now, Mavididi is a very good addition.

This. Again I think he's something we don't have: quick and direct but with good technique.

Peterborough on the cusp of signing someone who has just scored 13 goal so far this season in this league.

Numpties..........get out of our club & let someone who has ambition take us over.

How many people said similar things about DaSilva last year and he has got to be at or near the top of our best, most consistent performer this season.

If Madvididi is our only signing then I agree. But it's Jan. 3rd. And hopefully in a couple weeks time we'll have the following to choose from for the front four positions:

Magennis
    KAG
    Madvididi
    Fosu
    Reeves
    Holmes
    Masrhall
    *Aribo
    (Do we have a timeframe on Best's recovery?)

We're a center forward light in that equation, but it's not a bad group to choose from. I think getting the most out of them, including keeping them healthy, will arguably be the biggest challenge.
  • Pleased

Just hope it convinces KR to be a bit more adventurous in formation

Will be annoyed if he’s one of the 3 behind josh or the one up top

Go two up front Karl
  • Sage said:

Nail on head.
    Very exciting player and I really hope he’s fit and raring to go.

Not often I agree with Jack Nicklaus, but this.
    Someone posted above that his dribbling run and miss were a season highlight!!
    I do hope that there will be some end product this time.
  • I liked him last year, but if this is the player who Robinson described as proven at this level god help us - don't think he's ever scored a league goal.

Hope he does really well though and this is the platform to kick start his career,
  • JamesSeed said:

Raw and exciting, not a proven goalscorer, but as good as it gets when you're a third tier club in turmoil.
    The Rochdale run (and miss) was a favourite memory from last season.

"Not a proven scorer" is gilding the lily a bit. "Not a scorer" is strictly speaking more accurate. I think he will do ok if he stays fit but we need a couple of 'proven' scorers too and my bet is we won't get them.
  • I'm happy enough with this signing, a much better prospect that Dodoo.

This is on the assumption that there will be more attacking players coming in as well...
  • If this is the 1st of a few signings then happy days if it’s a singular occurrence then mid table beckons or worse
  • Wonder who's doing the negotiating at the moment?
  • Sponsored links:

• whelmed, not.
  • A welcome addition but still no recognised proven scorer. That has been a glaringly obvious problem since August. Fix it and we could yet make the play offs. Otherwise it’s mid- table at best.
  • edited January 2018
    We don't score enough goals cause we don't create enough chances and poor old Magennis (or KAG) are isolated.
    Mevididi will help create the chances. A goal scorer by himself will be like a fish on bicycles in this formation.
    With our very limited funds a wiser option will be to get a new manager to change this ridiculous 4231 and make propper use of our current players...
  • If he plays regularly until the end of the season I can see him scoring maybe six or seven. Not a bad return but we need a real goalscorer and just where will we find one of those on loan.
  • This is a welcome addition. To be honest, I wouldn’t hold your breath for any others. Not unless the new owner is funding it.

Hope I’m wrong but I’d be surprised if anything significant happens.
  • Another striker would have been signed by now if the snag hadn't occurred - if its not possible to resolve the snag i would say they will still sign another striker
  • DOUCHER said:

Another striker would have been signed by now if the snag hadn't occurred - if its not possible to resolve the snag i would say they will still sign another striker

Thanks RD
  • Good first signing, hope it isn't our last but fear it may be.