Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Youth Cup QPR vs Charlton match thread

Comments

• Redrobo said:

How did pen come about?

It was a handball by their right back, a little bit harshly given as he was off balance and falling, although we should have had one 5 mins before that, but ref booked our man for diving.
  • Thank you for the information.
  • Fecking hell!
  • edited December 2017
    What a goal that’s about 75 yards
  • Ha ha - what a goal... :smiley:
  • I'm guessing the keeper was in our box?
  • Yes, that lad looks a player. Great goal is an understatement- saw the keeper off his line and placed it in from 75 yards!!!!!
  • Leuth said:

I'm guessing the keeper was in our box?

No, I don't think so, just miles off his line.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

I'm guessing the keeper was in our box?

No. He hit it first time and there it was in the back of the net, from about 70 yards out.
  • For 80% of that game we looked like we had an extra player. For all the commentators not exactly bias, they were kidding themselves if they couldn't see our dominance.
  • Really enjoyed that, a well deserved win.
  • seth plum said:

do you have to have twitter to do this

No, just click on the grey box and register your details.
    I think that's the instructions for @cabbles date isn't it?
  • Well done lads and thanks for the updates chaps.
  • THINK the game's all over ...and won ....but it looks like the 2 QPR commentators may have pulled the plug a bit sharpish.

I KNOW it was a QPR "production" ( and many thanks for allowing us to watch this great performance by our lads!) but talk about biased ! They thought we should have had a pen early in the 2nd half although when the ball next went out of play, the ref booked our player for simulation !

When our pen was awarded they couldn't stop referring to it as "harsh" - again, and again , and .....I'm sure our Terry would have shown more professionalism , but hey, we were the better team by far IMHO and the 3rd goal was pure genius. Eat your heart out, Wayne Rooney!

So, onwards to the next round. If it is at The Valley, we'll do our level best to be there to cheer them on , esp if it's against our neighbours.

Well done , lads, Serge & Steve !
  • They ended it about 60 seconds after the final whistle on the qpr video stream
  • Admin

@Admin, can we change the title and make this the match thread please?

@wss @cabbles @Stig @LoOkOuT @AFKABartram

@Admin, can we change the title and make this the match thread please?

@wss @cabbles @Stig @LoOkOuT @AFKABartram

admin all out with the new owner tonight
    They all seem to have lost interest, rudderless ship comes to mind.
    Too busy sniffing cocaine off the thighs of prostitutes more like.
    Are only the admins allowed to do that or can anyone join in?
  • Sponsored links:

• Great goal,,i loved the way he ran to the fans to celebrate.
  • Pen was very harsh but we should have had one earlier so nobody can complain. And Doughty got booked for diving to boot! I do think some refs don't really understand the laws of the game though. Hand ball has to be deliberate! I manage an U17s side and some refs never give handball on one extreme and some give it in the most ridiculous scenarios on the other. Look at the Northern Ireland game as an example. How can any reasonable person deem that to be intentional?
  • dickplumb said:

I told you about Alfie Doughty about a year ago. I am surprised he is playing for the U18s and not the U23s. He has a lot of pace and a great left foot.

He's been involved with the U23s a few times this season though hasnt he?
  • dickplumb said:

I told you about Alfie Doughty about a year ago. I am surprised he is playing for the U18s and not the U23s. He has a lot of pace and a great left foot.

He's been involved with the U23s a few times this season though hasnt he?
    I don't think he has started many U23 games this season, he has mainly played for the U18s. The point I was trying to make is that I thought he should have been a regular in the U23s.

• There were a few that looked real prospects - our number 3 stood out too.
  • dickplumb said:

Any idea if he's signed a pro deal? I've not seen anything, but the club don't always announce that sort of thing.
  • He sometimes comes on as a sub for the U23's, maybe started one or two, pretty sure both at the back when Archie has been injured. Has emerged with Taylor Maloney who is a but senior to him. We also saw 20 mins of the young south american last night.
  • All the photos used by Charlton last night were mine! No one has signed pro's yet, no one will sign one early in my opinion, they will either get what or not. Surprised nobody has compared Alfie's goal to the recent Rooney goal as last night was better! A number have been involved in the U23s this season, the attack is the strongest part of the U23s side & this is why they have struggled to get in. This side could go all the way, so so proud of them, no understatement they are amazing. Friendly at Sparrows on Saturday vs Portsmouth. Karl was there last night, he admits to our problems/mistakes and never hides. The referee killed game on Saturday, I think he should have our full support! Believe in the youngsters
  • There were a few that looked real prospects - our number 3 stood out too.

Was that Zemura? I thought he looked promising on another streamed game a year or two ago. Looked like he could develop into a good attacking full back.