Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace planning new stadium

Comments

• sam3110 said:

Looks like plans were to add lux boxes and a small stand on top of the east stand. And then a big Kop where Jimmy Seed is? Is there room back there to fit that?
    The current tier of the East Stand was to be extended as well, so it was a major rebuild
  • Haven't the since sold land in the south/ south east of the stadium that makes development on that scale difficult?
  • Not a new stadium then? Just a new main stand.
  • Wasn’t the plan with the east stand just to raise the roof and let somebody else put offices at the back ? Then build a double tier south stand and fill in the corners ?
  • The Glaziers are just slapping a bit of paint on the roofs. It is and always will be a shithouse. You can paint shit a different colour but it’s still shit.

ROLAND OUT!
  • Solidgone said:

The Glaziers are just slapping a bit of paint on the roofs. It is and always will be a shithouse. You can paint shit a different colour but it’s still shit.

ROLAND OUT!

So true
  • "We need a stadium that reflects who we are, how far we have come and where we want to go - a stadium that south London can be proud of, a home worthy of our incredible support and unique atmosphere and this great Premier League we represent."

Why has Parish got it into his head that they represent the whole of south London? Between quotes like the above and the south London is ours along with Lewisham, Southwark, Croydon, Bromley, Lambeth written on their shirts he comes across as very insecure.

• Sponsored links:

• "We need a stadium that reflects who we are, how far we have come and where we want to go - a stadium that south London can be proud of, a home worthy of our incredible support and unique atmosphere and this great Premier League we represent."

Why has Parish got it into his head that they represent the whole of south London? Between quotes like the above and the south London is ours along with Lewisham, Southwark, Croydon, Bromley, Lambeth written on their shirts he comes across as very insecure.

Did that having something to do with all of those boroughs borders meeting in Crystal Palace?

Did that having something to do with all of those boroughs borders meeting in Crystal Palace?
    I'm not sure about that tbh but surely the notion that they are just giving a shoutout to their neighbours is weirder than try to claim south London as your own?
  • Looks well nice - how much can I get a season ticket for?
  • edited February 2018
    Full planning in with Croydon Council for the re-development of the main stand. Extension of Main Stand to provide seating for an additional 8,225 spectators. Use of the club car park as a fan plaza on match-days.

There will be plenty of free fire wood should they ever commence construction.

http://publicaccess2.croydon.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=P3KE9CJLG9K00

Should you wish to comment on the Development to assist the planners making a decision then feel free to do it here.

http://publicaccess2.croydon.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=P3KE9CJLG9K00

Personally I think it's a brilliant idea. They'll end up with the White Elephant Stand to go with the White Horse Stand.
  • Addickted said:

Full planning in with Croydon Council for the re-development of the main stand. Extension of Main Stand to provide seating for an additional 8,225 spectators. Use of the club car park as a fan plaza on match-days.

http://publicaccess2.croydon.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=P3KE9CJLG9K00

If they get relegated this season it could all go tits up.
    Here's hoping.
  • Addickted said:

Should you wish to comment on the Development to assist the planners making a decision then feel free to do it here.

http://publicaccess2.croydon.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=P3KE9CJLG9K00

Personally I think it's a brilliant idea. They'll end up with the White Elephant Stand to go with the White Horse Stand.

You would seem to talk with some authority on this.
  • edited February 2018
    Looks expensive and tacky... would be dreadful if they were to be relegated half way through construction.......

https://youtu.be/AUnWAL-ty4U
  • Few points:-

It mentions the famous Eagles crest, lets have a survey of a man in the street and see who recognises it.

New roof to enhance the best atmosphere in the Premier League, may be disputed by a few big clubs.

Pitch extended for FIFA and UEFA compliance, er why?

• Sponsored links:

• All the while keeping the shitty Halfawake stand.
  • Addickted said:

You would seem to talk with some authority on this.
    Let's just say if I was a Nigel, then with my contact there I'd be ITK.
  • Construction phase is three years.

By the time PP is granted, I would think the earliest they could mobilise is at the end of next season as there would be too many hurdles to get over during the season. So open at the start of the 2022/23 season?

About the same time we can brag about the trench being completed at Sparrows Lane.

Unless of course they ground shared during the development.
  • Hilarious who some of the lounges are named after, unquestionably a nothing club.
  • Wasn’t the plan with the east stand just to raise the roof and let somebody else put offices at the back ? Then build a double tier south stand and fill in the corners ?

Yep.
  • Four a CLub whose support suggests "South London is Ours" there appears to be very few people from South London adding their support for this proposal.

I suggest "Surrey is Ours" would be far more appropriate.
  • Addickted said:

Four a CLub whose support suggests "South London is Ours" there appears to be very few people from South London adding their support for this proposal.

I suggest "Surrey is Ours" would be far more appropriate.
    "Croydon Remains All Palace"?
  • Plans to redevelop their 'main stand' are just a carbon copy of the main stand at BHAFC.
    The other three stands 'redevelopment' look incredibly non-optimistic.
  • bobmunro said:

I managed to get a sneak preview of the plans - I've got to say it looks a vast improvement on Shithurst.

F*&*k me that looks like the pitch my team used to play on at Danson Park