Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace planning new stadium

Comments

• Fair play to them, their fancy new stand still doesn’t compete with our lovely potholes and trenches however
  • Quote from Croydon Council at the bottom of the BBC article says discussions for the redevelopment are still at a very early stage, so hopefully that means Palarse getting relegated(I still believe) this season and all the struggles that brings like trying to offload over paid players will put an end to this.
  • edited December 2017
    As expected, not a new ground. Does look good but I'll be surprised if it ever gets built, perhaps a scaled down version with 4k less seats instead.
  • So essentially a new main stand and a new roof on the AW. £100m for that? Really?
  • Ross said:

Just been doing some research on it.

They're pulling down the TV gantry from the Arthur Wait, with a new media suite going in the new main stand.

So as nice as the new main stand will be, it won't be on show to anyone watching on TV, but rather the crappy old Arthur Wait and all the houses behind it!

Plus all the s*** on the pitch.
  • Putting aside that it is Palace it is an interesting template.

As at Anfield (same architect) the main stand remains open while work continues.

The template for the Valley would be to re-model the west stand so that it includes more valuable executive boxes and better facilities.

This could be achieved by building outwards over the walkway and create more office space, a custom built shop and a space for the display of historical items.

The time to develop the ground is, perversely, now. The low gates allow people to be moved, new dugs outs built etc. That will all be harder when and if the ground is full.

Come on Andy, get the cheque book out.
  • Sponsored links:

• ChiAddick said:

Where is the space for the outside bit looking onto the glass palace?

My thoughts exactly. From those pictures it looks like there is acres of space akin to the park behind Bournemouths ground, while in fact there is no space around their ground at all.

I also admire their optimism that future World Cup or Champions League games are going to be hostred there - only reason I can see why they would want a UEFA sized pitch as they are never going to be playing in Europe themselves.

Also no picture of the Eagle flying around the revamped Arthur Waite stand. Very poor

As at Anfield (same architect) the main stand remains open while work continues.

The template for the Valley would be to re-model the west stand so that it includes more valuable executive boxes and better facilities.

This could be achieved by building outwards over the walkway and create more office space, a custom built shop and a space for the display of historical items.

The time to develop the ground is, perversely, now. The low gates allow people to be moved, new dugs outs built etc. That will all be harder when and if the ground is full.

Come on Andy, get the cheque book out.

North and West Stand remained opened during their expansion. By walkway I assume you mean the East stand?
  • What a complete cnut Steve parish is.
    Now talking about playing world cup games at shithurst should we ever host it again.
    My hatred for palarce has no bounds.

I hate them more
  • World Cup, the only chance is the quidditch one.

Liverpool kept the lower tier and massively extended it backwards

I think what Palace are doing is more like what West Ham when they rebuilt their main stand, as they built it behind the old one (which I remember well from our spell there!) then demolished the old structure, leaving a wider pitch (something Parrish mentioned) and greater distances between the stands and the pitch

Indeed the new Upton Park main stand was a very decent structure...

Scale? 1:1?
  • Where is all the space coming from outside the stands?

Liverpool kept the lower tier and massively extended it backwards

I think what Palace are doing is more like what West Ham when they rebuilt their main stand, as they built it behind the old one (which I remember well from our spell there!) then demolished the old structure, leaving a wider pitch (something Parrish mentioned) and greater distances between the stands and the pitch

Indeed the new Upton Park main stand was a very decent structure...

Shame they never got to finish Upton Park and bring the stand nearer to the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Personally I think it looks shite.

Not sure why its being touted as a new stadium when they're putting some more seats in one stand and giving it a new facade. Brighton must be pissing themselves, especially as they got a whole new ground for £20m less.

Sainsburys haven't even been made aware of the plans yet so I'm sure that'll throw a spanner in the works.
  • The Three Bentekes Stand.
  • edited December 2017
    Its a great idea them groundsharing with us, after all I read somewhere that its only about 11 miles away, with excellent bus links.
  • edited December 2017

I've still got an artist's impression of a 40k valley.

Can you post that please?! I can't find it anywhere online.
  • sam3110 said:

Looks like plans were to add lux boxes and a small stand on top of the east stand. And then a big Kop where Jimmy Seed is? Is there room back there to fit that?
  • sam3110 said:

Looks like plans were to add lux boxes and a small stand on top of the east stand. And then a big Kop where Jimmy Seed is? Is there room back there to fit that?
    Was going to be a three tier Jimmy Seed!
  • Oh what could have been.