Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Chelsea's Jay Dasilva.
  • Ben Reeves in that picture of Da Silva?
  • Oggy Red said:

Ben Reeves in that picture of Da Silva?

Looks like it.
  • I thought I was going to read that he needs to add his orienteering badge to his cooking badge and he'll qualify for the Bronze Duke of Edinburgh's Award.
  • Can someone copy and paste the article please. I will never give the Mail Online a single hit by clicking on their links.
  • Reasonable assessment but nothing new to us
  • I happened to tune into a bit of 606 last night. Ian Wright was talking about young English players. A text from a Chelsea fan mentioned da Silva and Wrighty went off on a mega-gush. Said he predicted when da Silva was 15 that he would make it to the top, and said something about him already being the best English left back in the country, if I heard him right.

Was telling myself "Shut up, Wrighty", until I reminded myself he isn't ours anyway. :-(
  • I happened to tune into a bit of 606 last night. Ian Wright was talking about young English players. A text from a Chelsea fan mentioned da Silva and Wrighty went off on a mega-gush. Said he predicted when da Silva was 15 that he would make it to the top, and said something about him already being the best English left back in the country, if I heard him right.

Was telling myself "Shut up, Wrighty", until I reminded myself he isn't ours anyway. :-(

Yeah I think the secret has been out for a long time . He's an absolute class act. The best case scenario is that we go up and he fancies another year with us.

Listening to it now. It is an interesting debate. I don't think Freddie Woodman (under 20 World Cup) keeper has played a single professional match since winning a World Cup.

Jay Da Silva is an excellent player and I reckon will go on get some senior England caps in the future.
  • Sponsored links:

Listening to it now. It is an interesting debate. I don't think Freddie Woodman (under 20 World Cup) keeper has played a single professional match since winning a World Cup.

Jay Da Silva is an excellent player and I reckon will go on get some senior England caps in the future.
    I agree. If one can make an arbitrary comparison with Gomez ( different size, age, position , I know) , I felt that JG was already a top notch player and fully ready, whereas i think JDS has quite a lot more development in him. He is already a class act, however ; we are lucky to have him
  • edited October 2017
    wmcf123 said:

I happened to tune into a bit of 606 last night. Ian Wright was talking about young English players. A text from a Chelsea fan mentioned da Silva and Wrighty went off on a mega-gush. Said he predicted when da Silva was 15 that he would make it to the top, and said something about him already being the best English left back in the country, if I heard him right.

I agree. If one can make an arbitrary comparison with Gomez ( different size, age, position , I know) , I felt that JG was already a top notch player and fully ready, whereas i think JDS has quite a lot more development in him. He is already a class act, however ; we are lucky to have him
    IMO players like Joe Gomez are extremely rare, he is a class above which we probably will not see for a long time.

I would like to see more players look to the examples of Harry Maguire, who continue to learn the game and improve. Personally think Konsa/ Da Silva can get to that position if they continue to learn and develop.
  • Can someone copy and paste the article please. I will never give the Mail Online a single hit by clicking on their links.

https://donotlink.it/xMqW

About the best I can do I'm afraid. It mitigates the "click" factor.

• Have we had Akele's verdict yet?
  • Dasilva is a cracking player with obvious quality, but i think he is a country mile behind Joe Gomez in terms of ability and particularly decision making